PDA

View Full Version : what's your favorite rpg on xbox?

colosso
01-17-2004, 12:32 AM
the reason why i am asking wich is your favorite rpg on xbox is because i need to find another great rpg , i already played KOTOR,but what should i buy next? MORROWIND 3:THE ELDER SCROLLS OR MORROWIND GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION? or can you recommend me a good one? thanks:cheers:

Ford Mustang
01-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Well first of all, it's Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. That's the name of the game. But I recommend that you get Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. The game is just simply awesome. I can't use words to tell you how much I love this game, which is why I made a sig for it lol. I definitely recommend Morrowind GOTY. :cheers:

CarGuy
01-17-2004, 09:05 AM
Yes i definitly recommend Morrowind Game of the year.. I have Arx Fatalis and it isn't bad.. But it will be worth it to wait until it's $20.

BunnyRabbit
01-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Phantasy Star Online is teh bestest...But ive only played it for GC... So out of RPGs Ive played for xbox.. Morrowind takes the pie...and/or cake. :)

dd deeznuts
01-17-2004, 02:56 PM
yah defintaly morrowind goty its only 30 dollars and comes with bloodmoon and tribunal

Scapegoats
01-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is a fantastic game, but it's WAY too short. Luckily, the second one is coming out.

You might want to rent this one, then if you like it, get the sequel (I have beaten this one twice, once in 11 hours as the warrior, and once in 7 hours with a friend, as the sorcerrer and archer respectively).

If you prefer long games, and first-person RPGs, go with Morrowind for sure.

Prior
01-17-2004, 04:01 PM
d00d you should go whit Morrowind elder scrolls

shapoopy
01-17-2004, 04:27 PM
moorowaind GOTY edition or wait for fable but morrowind is awesome

mdooz
01-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I've only played one Xbox RPG and that's KOTOR. It's an awesome game. I'd recomend getting it.

Slap A Pope
01-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Go with Morrowind: GOTY. You won't be disappointed. The game is so huge, you'll be playing it till Fable comes out.

http://www.ape-law.com/evilmonkey/vmheader.JPG

colosso
01-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Slap A Pope
Go with Morrowind: GOTY. You won't be disappointed. The game is so huge, you'll be playing it till Fable comes out.

http://www.ape-law.com/evilmonkey/vmheader.JPG thanks to all of you for sharing this opinion with me,i will buy morrowind goty edition tomorrow sunday because i need a game longer than 100 hours of gameplay not a game of 12 hours,i hate playing short games .

Trento52
01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
i liked kotor and shemnue 2 which both didn't finish but i rented morrowind and i kept dieing because i kept accidentally doing stuff and i just didn't give it much of a chance.

RichVGS
01-18-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm going with Arx Fatalis. It has to be one of the most unusual RPG's I've ever played. If for no other reason, check out a First Person RPG for a change.

Ford Mustang
01-18-2004, 01:03 AM
As for your 100+ hours thing, Morrowind will surpass that greatly. The two expansions that come with GOTY add 100 hours of gameplay themselves. That's excluding the original game. It'll keep you busy for a while. And it's worth every penny. :cheers:

Scapegoats
01-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
I'm going with Arx Fatalis. It has to be one of the most unusual RPG's I've ever played. If for no other reason, check out a First Person RPG for a change.

Have you played Morrowind? I think they are two totally different games, although they both sorta come across as the same at first glance... Morrowind feels almost like you're playing online in one huge world, or something... But Arx Fatalis is different. It has no expansive landscapes, etc etc, it's all underground... But it's neat in its own way. I can't describe it, but I think that in the case of the original poster, Morrowind is a better choice as it has a lot more gameplay in it (and it is a first-person RPG as well). Of course, a lot of that time is spent running around from place to place, and reading books. I think I did more reading in Morrowind than I did through all of my educational lifetime.

It's hard to compare these two though, since they are of two different calibers... Morrowind has great sound, good graphics, and decent controls. Arx Fatalis, on the other hand, is newer, yet lags behind in all of these areas, but specifically in the area of sound (my opinion anyhow). I think Arx costs less than Morrowind did originally, but I haven't really checked it out in the store... In any case, both are good games, Morrowind is a bit more polished, and is definitely longer.

Wow, I am repeating myself and typing for no good reason.

Okay, back I go to play Arx Fatalis some more. :D

TuffEagle88
01-18-2004, 09:21 PM
can anyone tell me if Morrowing:GOTY is going to be a limited run or is it going to keep coming out, because I still haven't gotten mine and the last time I went to walmart they were sold out and it didn't look like they were going to restock, I'm sure they have it at Bestbuy or Mediaplay, but I was just wondering.

JJaX
01-18-2004, 10:17 PM
I spent an entire summer playing morrowind. Im glad i experienced the game!

But KOTOR was an amazing RPG as well.

thrAsher
01-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Morrowind is king of the RPG on Xbox. Next, I'd say KotOR. While a much finer overall product, the sheer size of Morrowind (especially the GOTY edition) earns it the crown.

From there, Arx Fatalis comes in third IMO. Excellent RPG, but you'll be able to see the 'polish' in Morrowind lacking in Arx. It all takes place underground, which makes it unique in my mind. Great dungeon crawl of a game, and a very good RPG to boot. I give Arx extra kudos just for allowing me to fish and to cook apple pies. :D

A close 4th place goes to the excellent and underappreciated Gladius. Fine, fine RPG, albeit more of a turn-based strategy game stuffed w/ RPG goodness (not a whole lot of 'exploration', which I think is a key element to any 'real' RPG). Still, excellent game, and XBA's very own highlite23-XBA has written the best, most accurate review of this game I've read.

Unfortunately the list starts to suck from there on out. Baldur's Gate....an RPG? BAH! Whatever, it's a hack n slash yawnfest. Nice graphics, but once or twice through it and your done. The fact you can whip through it in a weekend doesn't justify spending more that $20 on it. Heck, I say rent it. D&D Heroes? See above. Same thing, w/ some little differences (bigger foes, greater camera control, same running around bashing stuff). Deus Ex belongs somewhere on this list, but I don't know where. I hate it one day, love it the next, and for the most part don't think I'll ever play it again. Enclave I hear good things about, but having never played it, I'll just mention it.

Thankfully, Sudeki, TFLO and Fable are all slated for release sometime this year. Makes me wonder if I'll even touch Halo 2. Suppose it all depends on which game comes out first. Any which way, enjoy Morrowind (as it sounds like that's what you got) and think about giving Gladius and Arx a try. You're guaranteed to lose sleep playing any of those.

Brutus
01-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Personally, I really liked Deus Ex Invisible war. Morrowind, great game. But Deus Ex has more Direction while still keeping the giant sandbox feel and it's a wierd futuristic sneak or kill everything that moves game.

Why didn't anyone recommend this? If you have surround sound, I'd recommend this to anyone. You won't be dissapointed. Plus the gameplay is all that and a bag a chips. No $hit!

Conchord
01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
since there are about 3 good ones to choose from....lol

mrgeorge88
01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
i havnt played many but id say either FFTactics or KOTOR

Dre
01-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Hands down, KOTOR!

ScorpionX
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Morrwind or KotOR :)