PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is GMR thinking?

No Fear 23
01-17-2004, 06:28 PM
EDIT: damn, i meant the name of the mag to be GMR instead of EGM

i just looked through the latest issue of their top 50 games list.

Fable is at # 26

Halo 2 is at # 3

Half Life 2 is at # 2

worst of all
Metal Gear solid 3: snake eater is #1

i mean splinter cell blows away metal gear solid and the pandora tomorrow game is at #8, wtf?

also, BC should be in the top 15 but its nowhere to be found on the list at all. also, on the system where it says the game is going to be released on and half-life 2 has xbox instead of both, xbox and PC.

those ppl has bad taste in games and this is one of the worst magazines ever (not even worth it for free which i got)

ScorpionX
01-17-2004, 06:38 PM
No way is Splinter Cell better than MGS. MGS has so much more replay value and I found that it was much more enjoyable than Splinter Cell. The list seems fine except Fable may be a little too low. Oh well :confused:

LiquidX
01-17-2004, 06:53 PM
I know, I HATED that list... and they had Doom 3 at #5... come on when someone talks about the big 3 they mean Halo 2, Half-Life 2, and Doom3... Im sure MGS will be an EXCELLENT game but come on... better than the big 3? And Fable should have been in the top 10. The only reason I even got GMR was so I could get a discount on my SP.

Nameless
01-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Its all about personal opinion guys...When I talk about the "big 3" its Fable, BC and Half-Life 2

LiquidX
01-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
Its all about personal opinion guys...When I talk about the "big 3" its Fable, BC and Half-Life 2

I know its about personal preference but im just saying when gaming magazines say the big 3 they mean H2, HL2, and D3...

DocHoliday78
01-17-2004, 07:18 PM
My big 3 is HL2, H2, and Fable. Big 5 is with Doom 3 and BC

l Maximus l
01-17-2004, 07:51 PM
The big three are Halo 2, Doom 3, and Half Life 2...in that order...IMO.

Prior
01-17-2004, 07:54 PM
my big 3 is fable,Halo2,HL2

OC Noob
01-17-2004, 08:16 PM
They are the same dipsticks that put NFS: Hot pursuit 2 in the top 50 games of this console generation.

The cards handle like freakin buses. Worst handling NFS (maybe of any racing) game ever.

They also included the original Rachet & Clank.

NO SOUP FOR YOU GMR!!!

Trento52
01-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Yeah GMR isn't that great i haven't seen that issue yet for i get it free but come on doom 3 wasn't even on there. That is dum those people suck. PLus i saw they have already rated ninja gaiden and it isn't even out and they said to wait for ominausha 3. Is that game even like ninja gaiden i never heard much of it really. Plus they always say for all the greatest games that we should wait for the other games which makes it sound that the game is crap and you should wait a year for a that different game.

Ninja
01-17-2004, 11:47 PM
GMR is a big joke so why does anyone still get it?

No Fear 23
01-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Ninja
GMR is a big joke so why does anyone still get it?

bc the majority of us got it for free and its not even worth it for free

BattleCruiser
01-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Everyone! Please remember that GMR is basically a promotional magazine for EBGames. It purpose is to push games that have less hype then others. ie MGS snake eater. Does Doom or Halo 2 need this?

BunnyRabbit
01-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Personally I dont care for GMR in the least and never have boughten one of their mags. I think they write what they think the readers want to hear and not what they really think or know.

They blow in all.

JJaX
01-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
No way is Splinter Cell better than MGS. MGS has so much more replay value and I found that it was much more enjoyable than Splinter Cell. The list seems fine except Fable may be a little too low. Oh well :confused:

You're joking right? :huh:

Shadow20002
01-18-2004, 06:23 PM
My top one will be Ninja Gaiden, Fable, Halo 2.

Conchord
01-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Multiplatform mags are ALWAYS biased, no matter what. Of course, cool xbox titles are going to bow down to the playstation sequels. I hated Metal Gear Solid 2. I liked Splinter Cell. We shall see what game owns.

X-Fan
01-18-2004, 10:25 PM
my big 3 are
halo2
halo2
halo2
and then the next 3 are
halo2
halo2
fable.

Conchord
01-18-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by X-Fan
my big 3 are
halo2
halo2
halo2
and then the next 3 are
halo2
halo2
fable.

**** fable. too many backups. i dont have time for a game like that anyways.

themoosearmy
01-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Everyone! Please remember that GMR is basically a promotional magazine for EBGames. It purpose is to push games that have less hype then others. ie MGS snake eater. Does Doom or Halo 2 need this?

This is exactly right, EBGames puts this mag out to boost games that are being overshadowed to increase their sales. Just be content like I am knowing that Halo 2 is going to be GoY anyways. If you know/think Halo 2 is going to be the best game, then why do you need someone else to agree with you?

P.S. MGS has a much better score than splinter cell, i also enjoyed teh story a little more, but as far as your abilities with each, I'd take Sam Fisher in a second.

shapoopy
01-19-2004, 12:33 AM
well the list is OK but what ticked me off is mgs is #1 its good but #1??

Conchord
01-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by shapoopy
well the list is OK but what ticked me off is mgs is #1 its good but #1??

i like your signature. you silly oat cluster.

Major Havoc
01-19-2004, 01:08 PM
My top 3:
1. Halo 2
2. Ninja Gaiden
3. Doom 3

The hero in the Half Life series never set well with me. Geek scientist becomes bad ass master of weapons and a warrior to be reckoned with....ya, whatever. Sam Fisher is also more bad ass and believable than that mullet master, Snake. Pandora's Tommorow also seems like it might have a super kick ass story and some great locals to battle and sneak around in.

mattgame
01-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I think the mag should be taken with a grain of salt. We all know that Halo2 is the most anticipated game in the history of gaming. It should be numero uno. SC-PT is way better than that other game from PS2. Why argue? :cheers:

Spaztic
01-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob
They are the same dipsticks that put NFS: Hot pursuit 2 in the top 50 games of this console generation.

The cards handle like freakin buses. Worst handling NFS (maybe of any racing) game ever.

They also included the original Rachet & Clank.

NO SOUP FOR YOU GMR!!!

I think that Need For Speed Underground is the best driving game hands down.....none even come close to its bad ass factor!

oh!!!
halo2
fable
doom3

...in that order!