PDA

View Full Version : Half-life 2 For Sale In Russia?

colosso
01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
i know this is a xbox site,but am sure some of us are waiting to see and play HALF-LIFE 2 on xbox,so check this out.

Retail Half Life 2 pirated in Russia

Retail version translated...

By INQUIRER staff: Monday 12 January 2004, 10:23

A READER HAS sent us some photographs of a two-disk Half Life 2 distribution which he says is on the shelves of a Russian trader in Novosibirsk.

The game has been translated into Russian, and according to our reader, this is a copy taken from Valve's web site and "translated and compiled by the chaps out there".

He says that the game itself is quite playable, although there are some plot inconsistencies in places. µ

BananaMan
01-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Not cool.

lllSmokelll
01-18-2004, 12:07 AM
ill ask some of the russian comrades from school to burn a copy for me :D

RichVGS
01-18-2004, 12:35 AM
You know those are bootlegs. Probably made by whoever it was that hacked in and got the codes. Great, probably means another delay for everyone else.

BunnyRabbit
01-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
You know those are bootlegs. Probably made by whoever it was that hacked in and got the codes. Great, probably means another delay for everyone else.

Rich-XBA? New to staff? Never seen you before.. Avvy looks familiar though.. You are TheVertigoEdge are you not?

Ah well... Half Life 2 delayahe = t3h gh3y!!!

WynnFire
01-18-2004, 12:55 AM
The news is from the Inquirer, are you sure it's a trust worthy source?

BunnyRabbit
01-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire
The news is from the Inquirer, are you sure it's a trust worthy source?

DO you mean Enquirer? Because that is full of pure BS loads of crap. They may tell half truths every once in a while... But I dont know.

This sounds kind of true though too. I dunno. = \

Koopa
01-18-2004, 02:29 AM
im pretty sure they're just selling the leaked alpha thats floating around...theyre just putting it in a cd case and callign it hl2 i guess.

armyof_one/ltd
01-18-2004, 07:06 PM
I saw a link to download a beta version at easywa..... i better dont reveal the site´s name.

Razor70
01-18-2004, 08:37 PM
This is a rumor only...it hasn't actually been proven yet. And if the story is true..it's bootlegged copies from the stolen code. Valve has already stated that there is no copies available anywhere. And if the story is true..I am for sure there will be another delay until they can get the copies off the market there. I wish pirates would think before doing stuff like this and just do the right thing. In the long run it hurts all.

thunder
01-19-2004, 07:47 AM
i've had counter strike condition zero for ages now and i don't think it's out yet unsure i know it wasn't out when i first got it these sorts of games and crap are easily avaliable in countries like china i can get dvd before there in the cinema's over here from time to time not crappy bootleged ones one from judgeing or something always some for you enjoyment or some crap all the time on the screen anyways this kind of stuff goes on all the time don't think it's isolated i know of a warcraft 3 server which chinese people use with over 40,000 players min going 24/7 counter strike server is always around 90,000 but gets over 100,000 on weekends and it's for free stuff battle net anyways

JJaX
01-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Razor70
This is a rumor only...it hasn't actually been proven yet. And if the story is true..it's bootlegged copies from the stolen code. Valve has already stated that there is no copies available anywhere.

LOL, Just because Valve said it, it must be true.

You have much to learn about piracy.

http://www.theinquirer.net/images/articles/harve1.jpg

Hard Boiled Cop
01-19-2004, 03:42 PM
We don't have to listen to what the developers say. They might be wrong to. When those Russians get the games then Valve will be crying.

Conchord
01-19-2004, 03:56 PM
I've played the PC beta, pretty cool, but compared to the Doom 3 alpha, Im going with Doom.

DocHoliday78
01-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I havent played the beta yet. Doom 3 alpha was cool though.

colosso
01-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
I havent played the beta yet. Doom 3 alpha was cool though. i can't wait to play DOOM 3,HALO 2 AND HALF-LIFE 2. :cheers: