PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Wirelessly With Hubs

kirkio
01-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Is it possible and has anyone connected xboxes wirelessly by hooking each xbox upto the hardwire port on a wireless router, and having the two wireless routers connect for doing a multiplayer gamer? Is it possible?

BinaryXtreme
01-18-2004, 09:47 PM
To Live? On 2 separate accounts?

kirkio
01-18-2004, 09:55 PM
no, not for live, just to do a multiplayer between the two xboxes

BinaryXtreme
01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
I don't see how it would. I don't see how you would adjust the ports for the uplink and downlink so it could read properly thru the same router. The XBOX is essentially a computer but it's not like it has an operating system easily asccessible for Networking adjustments. Damn good question though. Maybe someone else can help with this one. Sorry.....

kirkio
01-18-2004, 10:18 PM
do regular bridges work? or do you have to have special settings for network to do that? but i was just thinking that it'd just be two wireless hubs that the xboxes are hooked up to connecting to eachother...

themoosearmy
01-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Since I'm A. lazy and b. cheap i use a crappy siemens 2 port router for my system link games. I'm sure if you have a wireless LAN router with the correct recievers and such, it should work, but don't quote me on that.

Ford Mustang
01-19-2004, 01:05 AM
If you have wireless routers, they will still work for System link games. I think that's the question you asked. I just use a Netgear 4-port hub though that I got for like 20 bucks. I play system link maybe 10 times a year so it's not a big deal for me. :)

Chaotic
01-19-2004, 08:05 AM
I don't see why you would want to connect two wireless routers together :huh: If that's the case you need to subnet one of the routers and provide it with the gateway to the other router so they can communicate.

kirkio
01-19-2004, 12:33 PM
my local computer store has wireless hubs on sale for $30, which beats paying $60-100 on the bridges and similar wireless things for wireless xboxes. i was hoping me and my friends could just buy wireless hubs and play eachother wirelessly with those.