PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Games

LegolasX
01-19-2004, 02:20 PM
Well this is my first post so i kind of dont know where to put it, i did look through the forums but there was no "general games discussion" and sports is empty so i figured here was best..

well me being in Ireland means its tough to keep up with NHL games considering the sport isnt very popular over here needless to say i enjoy watching it and i have come to the conclusion i would enjoy a game, there is a great selection so i dont have a clue and thats where i need the help :huh:... i dont know the games and i dont know if they're out over here yet due to america getting most things earlier than us. ..at the moment NHL 2004 and ESPN are catching my eye but what year is espn ? and which is better?

well if you know any of these games or other games please comment... thanks in advance

Ugunnalose
01-19-2004, 02:26 PM
get espn hockey 2004

LegolasX
01-19-2004, 02:39 PM
is it the game with the blonde player on the front? yeah? if so its only £20 :) thanks i'll look more into it .. more posts are welcome ;)

Salmonaitor
01-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Welcome. No one in the U.S. likes Hockey, so I'll fill you in on a little secret about console hockey games. Played one...played them all! Although, if you have Xbox Live, I think the ESPN Hocky game is Live enabled. Good luck.

BTW, What's Halo??

BananaMan
01-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
Welcome. No one in the U.S. likes Hockey, so I'll fill you in on a little secret about console hockey games. Played one...played them all! Although, if you have Xbox Live, I think the ESPN Hocky game is Live enabled. Good luck.

BTW, What's Halo??

Some people do like hockey down here(Not me). Halo (lol) one of the best fps's shooters ever!

Conchord
01-19-2004, 03:28 PM
I like your sig legolas.

RichVGS
01-19-2004, 07:38 PM
First off, I'm an American hockey fan and there are quite a few of us. As far as hockey games go, go with ESPN. It has the best controls of the bunch (plus the online play is nice).

themoosearmy
01-19-2004, 09:34 PM
I played hockey for many years and am still a big hockey fan, i can tell you there are lots of us out there. My favorite hockey games are the Hitz series personally. Midway does a nice job, especially with NHL Hitz Pro. Not many people go this route but its fast (what I like), with lots of hits, some penalties and regular hockey format action.

Chaotic
01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I also agree ESPN Hockey is the best hockey game out this year.

revernd
01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
depends on your flavour... if u are into the whole making a franchise thing and growing a team than nhl2004 is solid...espn contains it but not to the extent of 2004... but gameplay wise, graphics, online play, leaderboards, and overall fun has to go to espn nhl2k4...

RichVGS
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Keep in mind though, if you buy NHL 2004 then you're selling your soul to the great evil of EA :cuss:

LegolasX
01-20-2004, 12:48 PM
has espn got official teams, players etc and can i do transfers and make players?