PDA

View Full Version : blood wake

rootroot27
01-05-2002, 05:14 PM
i've been playing blood wake, and im on act 2 mission 7 with the guncat. its the mission where you have to go in and destroy the 2 freighters. i guess i really suck at this game, because i just cant do it! i tried running in, blowing up the freighters, but my exit is always blocked. then i tried going in slow destroying everything is see from a distance so i dont die, but then i get to the inner bay and those 2 big ships come up and kill me. if anyone has any tips, i'd really appreciate it.

btw, blood wake is AWESOME! if your an action fan who likes big explosion and boats flying in the air, GET THIS GAME! check out some reviews if you dont believe me.

xboxman_1
01-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Ya, I'm stuck on that mission as well. (It's actually Act 2 Mission 8, not 7.) I haven't even been able to destroy the two freighters yet!!! There are way too many land-based turrets. This mission's difficulty seems very out of place for only the 8th mission.

retinal
01-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Hey guys,

I'm on that level too and I'm very very close to clearing it. Here are some tips. I hope they help you out.

From the start of the mission, quickly make your way to the area where the 2 freighters are. You don't have to turbo all the way there but making good time is important so that the freighters don't start to leave before you get there.

On the way, destroy all attacking boats and land targets. That way when you have to come back after destroying the freighters there are no land targets shooting at you. Believe me, you'll need all the health you can at that point.

When you enter the area where the freighters are, destroy all the main turrets who shoot missiles. You have to move quickly to avoid their firepower. A few missiles of your own and they're gone.

Time to destroy those freighters now. Stay on the right, behind the freighters and away from the main gates. From here you can safely shoot the freighters down and quickly make your way out.

When heading back to the starting point don't try to outrun all the incoming boats cuz they will shoot you down. You just have to destroy the ones that you come across. Look at your map and try to avoid sections with lots of enemy boats.

That should do it. I've gotten so close to the end on this mission but I got shot down cuz I didn't kill all the boats following me :eek: I hope the next mission isn't as tough!

retinal

l Maximus l
01-22-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by retinal
Hey guys,

I'm on that level too and I'm very very close to clearing it. Here are some tips. I hope they help you out.

From the start of the mission, quickly make your way to the area where the 2 freighters are. You don't have to turbo all the way there but making good time is important so that the freighters don't start to leave before you get there.

On the way, destroy all attacking boats and land targets. That way when you have to come back after destroying the freighters there are no land targets shooting at you. Believe me, you'll need all the health you can at that point.

When you enter the area where the freighters are, destroy all the main turrets who shoot missiles. You have to move quickly to avoid their firepower. A few missiles of your own and they're gone.

Time to destroy those freighters now. Stay on the right, behind the freighters and away from the main gates. From here you can safely shoot the freighters down and quickly make your way out.

When heading back to the starting point don't try to outrun all the incoming boats cuz they will shoot you down. You just have to destroy the ones that you come across. Look at your map and try to avoid sections with lots of enemy boats.

That should do it. I've gotten so close to the end on this mission but I got shot down cuz I didn't kill all the boats following me :eek: I hope the next mission isn't as tough!

retinal

Dude...that's funny! That's exactly how I beat that level! And, man, that level is completely out of place! WOW!!!

Snoopy7548
02-10-2002, 03:46 PM
it took me a while to beat that level, before i entered where the ships were, i destroyed every land target that were like on those buildings

jcroynhp
02-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I am stuck in exactly the same place. Now I feel a little better knowing that there are other frustrated players out there. I'll try your tips and see how it goes. One question. Is there any way to choose different boats at the start of a mission? It looks like there should be, but I can't figure it out if there is. Thanks.

DaRk BLaDE
02-18-2002, 11:59 AM
**** that level is hard and so is the next! im on level 13 and **** its hard ...........the game is mad hard!!

jcroynhp
02-18-2002, 04:13 PM
I just got past it the other day. Finally. Now I'm on lvl 15. Which is also really hard. But I'm glad it's not too easy. Makes me feel that I got my money's worth.

Snoopy7548
02-18-2002, 05:07 PM
i havent played that game in a while, i guess i should start again

JJaX
03-05-2002, 08:46 AM
i rented it and it ****ed me off. It was stupid. The music was annoying and the way people talked ****ed me off. This game blew. BlooD WacK

DaRk BLaDE
03-06-2002, 07:18 PM
I just beat it with the cheats!, yes im a cheater!

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 03:52 PM
A friend of mine rented the game and said it was okay, but the level where a shi t long. If thats the only bad part, is it worth buying??

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 04:20 PM
i bought it, and after like a month or two, i hardly ever play it, i would say that its a good rental, some of the levels are so frustrating and hard, that youll get bored with it. some of the levels take like 50 tries to beat, and some take 1 try, the difficulty in the game is so uneven.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i bought it, and after like a month or two, i hardly ever play it, i would say that its a good rental, some of the levels are so frustrating and hard, that youll get bored with it. some of the levels take like 50 tries to beat, and some take 1 try, the difficulty in the game is so uneven.

k thanks man, i still dont know though if i want to buy i or not? anyone else got anything 2 say about it??

C++
03-13-2002, 04:55 PM
Microsoft's newest 1st party endeavor is Blood Wake. Out of titles like Azurik and Nightcaster, Blood Wake stands out as a fine game. But in reality, Blood Wake is yet anohter sadly average game at most. The story is uninspiring as is the voice acting. The animation is nothing groundbreaking. The controls can be burdensome. While Blood Wake tries achieves a decent level of entertainment, chances are you'll find the game sleep inducing. With repetitive missions, and the complaints above, getting Blood Wake is a very tough decision. You'll have to be a die hard fan in the genre of Blood Wake to fully enjoy the action. BW doesn't go by the "Twisted Metal on water" cliche, but it instead goes it's own way. While this is somewhat good, Blood Wake's average show makes this one a weekend rental.

Blood Wake's gameplay is a mixed bag. The boat physics are beatifully portrayed. While many will confuse this with control, the control for Blood Wake is totally different. Except for the inabililty to sink an opponent by flipping them over, the boat physics are nicely done. Air time, collision detection, effects on the water, all are easily done nicely. But the controls are different. If you had a problem with Halo's control on Vehicles, you'll find Blood Wake devastating. Blood Wake uses the left analog stick to steer, but you'll be wishing that you could implement Halo's control into this game. Many times you will find your boat struggling just to spin 180 degrees. During intensive battles, this just seems to get more and more frustrating. Unfortunately, the controls seem to switch between inverse and normal directions. Hold left, and one second you'll be moving right, then the other, left. In intense showdowns, you'll find it very hard to turn around while being fired on. This makes you easy bait to eat rockets that enemies will fire at you. The steering seems to be the biggest problem in the game. As for the other controls, they are mapped nicely. The L trigger fires your primary machine gun, and the R trigger fires special weapons (Rockets, Torpedos, etc.). Shooting an enemy will be easy when you first start, but as boats become faster, you will soon be begging for better steering. Another way steering can be nerve wracking is when you try to pick up health or ammo. You'll have to back up, the circle, then go forward. You can't circle around an item, and by the time you get a health back, chances are you'll already be sunk by an enemy. As for gameplay modes, the main ones are multiplayer and story. The story mode is relatively uninspiring. You play an admiral captured by sea pirates. As you become one of them, you vow revenge against your brother, who was responsible for your men's death. Along the way comes a friendship, a cheesy love story, and more you would find in a low budget action flick. Your missions will range from clearing out enemy boats to.....clearing out more enemy boats. Basically, each level has a variation of the same mission. In one level, instead of clearing the area of enemies, you must protect other ships from them. In reality, the ships never get touched. You just shoot more boats. Multiplayer can be funs as well, but groaning over the inability to turn may lessen the fun. Blood Wake's gameplay is flawed, but if you don't take the game too seriously, you may find some fun in the game. But if you are looking for a fast-paced shooter, Blood Wake isn't it.

While Blood Wake's graphics can be praised to an extent, they aren't anything special. You will see that most of your boats look the same, just with different weapons and names. The water looks somewhat realistic, but don't expect something like FMV graphics water quality. The land is barely designed, and just a bunch of wooden houses lie around. The background is almost non-existent, an each level looks almost the same. Blood Wake is nothing pretty, but it is quite good looking for it's standards. There is rarely any slow down in Blood Wake, which makes for a good pace. One thing about Blood Wake's graphics that is nice is the "parchment storytelling". The main story of Blood Wake is shown through narrarations and drawings. All the drawings are quite nice to look at. Other than that, the graphics are above average, but don't really strive for much in this category.

Blood Wake's sound, much like the game, is hit-or-miss. If you don't take this game seriously, then you may enjoy the sound. But if you do, then the sound can be easily rated bad. The voice-overs for the most part are cheesy. The main character Kai tries to sound like the cool dude on the crew, but comes off as an ego maniac with a pirates attitude. Ahmed doesn't sound genuine, as do the pirates and Lady Helen. The voice acting isn't bad, just uninspiring. As for music, Blood Wake scores averagely. While some tracks add a nice beat to the game, some just throw it off horribly. Yet another game that should have utilized soundtracks. Blood Wake's sound is nothing much to hear, but at least it doesn't make the mark of nails on a chalk board. Like the game itself, average is the best way to describe it.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 05:11 PM
umm...yah, could u put that into english, cuz thats too d*mn long for me to read it all, god, i dont have like all day. i just wanted to know ifs its worth buying or not, but thanks anyway.:D

Snoopy7548
03-13-2002, 05:14 PM
i would say dont buy it, save your money cause there are games coming out that are going to be MUCH better.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 05:17 PM
alrite thank u, thats all i wanted, i think ill still rent it 2 see what i think of it, but just from reading all this i probably wont,thanks again:)