PDA

View Full Version : 1-800-4my-xbox

Third Eye
01-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I just called them trying to get my Xbox fixed. Well I somehow got to talk to a supervisor who told me if I had not used a lens cleaner for my Xbox I would have gotten the repair for free... I don't see how me using a lens cleaner would cause me to pay 91.50 for another drive. I got 25% off repairs but I told them I thought that was still too much.

So my question is does using a lens cleaner really break some kind of contract xbox has with its costumers?

RichVGS
01-20-2004, 12:42 PM
It's very possible that they would do that. I know that some DVD players say that using a lens cleaner will void the warrenty (the reason being they want you to pay them to clean the lens for you), but there is really no way to prove that you used one. I'd just talk to a different supervisor and if they ask about using a lens cleaner, just tell them no and see what they say.

SniperPete
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
May not work. Because when they want to register ure xbox theyll find ure service applets. And know u used one. I cleaned my lens witha Q tip like casp said and works fine again