PDA

View Full Version : maintenance

Robflare
01-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I've had my XBOX since the day they hit the market and have never had a problem but I'm hearing people say that their XBOX's stop working or start malfunctioning. My question is what should I be doing in the way of preventive maintenance?

Thanks!!

RichVGS
01-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Aside from cleaning the lens once in a while (with a Q-Tip or Lens cleaner) there is not too much you can do. You can send it off for a cleaning from Microsoft, but I don't think its worth it. Just say a little pray each night that your Xbox will continue to work for years to come.

NeosNightmare
01-21-2004, 06:54 PM
microsoft even charges for a routine cleaning? how much?

BinaryXtreme
01-21-2004, 07:20 PM
I've had mine too since the beginning and have never had a problem either. I make real sure my games are nice and clean as well as any movies I might watch on it though.

l Maximus l
01-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Robflare
I've had my XBOX since the day they hit the market and have never had a problem but I'm hearing people say that their XBOX's stop working or start malfunctioning. My question is what should I be doing in the way of preventive maintenance?

Thanks!!

One precaution that is wise to make is covering your XBox when it's not in use. This will minimize dust getting into the console. Before becoming a Moderator here at XBA, I won one of those NAKI USA G-Pack carrying cases. You can play your XBox right out of it (open the top up, of course)...and this really has helped minimizing dust...and besides, when I need to carry my XBox somewhere, it's already to rock n' roll :)

Sellout Theory
01-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by NeosNightmare
microsoft even charges for a routine cleaning? how much? Probably alot. Cus when my ps2 broke I e-mailed them about fixing it, then they said they would. So I sent it in and got it back like 3 weeks later. Well when I got the bill I almost crapped my pants. It was $104.99 to fix it, only problem I found out myself was that the power cord plug in the PS2 came loose. So I just sent them the PS2 and told them to keep it. And that was when I bought a XBox like 2 years ago