PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to KoTOR

Chewy
01-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Hi, my name is Chewy and I am addicted to KoTOR.

Hi Chewy

I can't stop playing this damn game. I come home from work, plop my butt down and keep playing. I barely take a break to eat. Last night I ended up playing till 3am. And having to get to work for 8 is hard enough when you have had a full nights sleep.

I need someone to tell me how to stop playing this silly game. It is way to addictive. It always dangles some nice carrot tasting payoff about 15 minutes into the future. So you think, just 20 more minutes, then I will sleep...... BAD IDEA!!! No wonder this site is called X-Box ADDICT!!!!

So what game is it that you can't stop playing??

Or how have you managed to stop playing a game that you could barley put down???

Chewy

p.s. - exaustedly waiting for a good idea.

ShaDovV RyDer
01-20-2004, 04:06 PM
well if u drink lots of coffee with lots of sugar u should be ready to go to work no problem...but neways the game im addicted to right now is TopSpin...this game is just so fun online and just as awsume offline...u guys should either rent it or go by EBGames and pick it up...even if u could care less about tennis its still fun...pce

Papke
01-20-2004, 04:22 PM
The way I always solve this problem is just to keep playing the game.

If you play a game for too long, you will eventually never want to play it again. It happens to me all the time. It happened with KoToR and with the new Deus Ex. I just play and play and play and then one day I'll wake up and not want to play at all anymore.

Whatever works, works. :D

Crazy Joe
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
i was addicted to KOTOR for a little while, i was able to stop playing it regularly when i beat it.. i'm scared to start a new game because i'm worried the same thing will happen again.

DocHoliday78
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Diablo 2 had me in its clutches for like 4-5 years but i just got tired of the game. Nice to see another mod:cheers:

Slacker
01-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Morrowind, was my crack, then i got so powerfull it got boring , I never started another campaign because I sold it to a friend thinking I would get the Goty edition , but haven't yet , currently Im Addicted to Astrosmash on my Intellivision, and other Intellvision games , Im becoming a retro-gaming nut

themoosearmy
01-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I could never get into KotoR, maybe I'm just not used to that kind of game on XBOX, i kept wanting to go and duel and I never got that far. Plus, I fell asleep playing it once, I don't know, I like games with lots of action.

edit:
p.s. my crack is the same as a lot of peoples: EQ

Lucifer_Hawk
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Or how have you managed to stop playing a game that you could barley put down??? Luci's secret to stop playing an addicting game, why its quite simple if its a game like kotor, beat the damn game..........

ScorpionX
01-20-2004, 11:38 PM
I use to play KotOR non-stop until my character became pure evil and I was forced to kill half my crew :cry: I am on the last level, but I haven't touched the game in weeks. Maybe I will finish it one of these days...

Chewy
01-21-2004, 07:51 AM
Well gents, it seems we have a bit of a consensus, finish the game.

I was just hoping someone might have some magic cure that I didn't know about.

Well then, I am off to finish this freakin' game.... hey, maybe after I finish it I should start up a new character and play the dark side.... . .... . NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chewy

Dyslexic Chaos
01-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy
I could never get into KotoR, maybe I'm just not used to that kind of game on XBOX, i kept wanting to go and duel and I never got that far. Plus, I fell asleep playing it once, I don't know, I like games with lots of action.

edit:
p.s. my crack is the same as a lot of peoples: EQ

You like EQ and call KOTOR boring!?!?!?!

neway, yah, when i beat it, i tried to play it again and be on the dark side, but i couldnt get past the first planet again. I missed my Lightsabre to much!

RudedogX
01-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Chewy-XBA
Well gents, it seems we have a bit of a consensus, finish the game.

I was just hoping someone might have some magic cure that I didn't know about.

Well then, I am off to finish this freakin' game.... hey, maybe after I finish it I should start up a new character and play the dark side.... . .... . NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Chewy I did the light-side first and then did the dark. Wow, what a difference two sides makes!:yikes: You'll be addicted for a good month more man. Good luck.:cheers:

Chewy
01-21-2004, 02:18 PM
rudedogX, the nice thing to do would to have told me that the Dark side part of the story sucks, and to not even bother trying it!!!!!

Do you think my work would mind if I just didn't show up for 4 or 5 weeks???

Chewy

RudedogX
01-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Well look at it this way man, you'll know what you need to do, so you'll be able to go through it faster, and you'll be able to seriously screw with people's heads. Also, the battles were easier on the dark side.:confused:

mrgeorge88
01-21-2004, 06:05 PM
i have kotor but ive never found it to be very addicting like most rpgs but to break your addiction i suggest you lock yourself in a closet with nothing but donuts

Chewy
01-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by mrgeorge88
to break your addiction i suggest you lock yourself in a closet with nothing but donuts

Intestesting idea. I will eat so many donuts that I will become lodged in the closest and have to get the fire dept. to extracate me with the jaws of life. While I might get some face time on the local television I would have to guess that this solution might have some lingering health problems.

Chewy

BinaryXtreme
01-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Look man, if you have to be addicted to a game. That is a great game to be addicted to. My addiction now, Need For Speed Underground. Man, that game is a blast! :watchout:

E Nomini Patri
01-21-2004, 07:29 PM
I have, and always will be addicted to Halo. Once Halo 2 comes out, I will be addicted to that.

I was addicted to KOTOR till beat it as a light Jedi, but I haven't finished as a dark Jedi.

Both games are in my all time top 5!

themoosearmy
01-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it doesn't really make sense, but when I play on a console, I need to have action, lots of it. On PC its like my brain expects to sit and look at the screen. When I play XBOX, i'm Halo-tuned to want constant action.

thatdude222
01-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B

neway, yah, when i beat it, i tried to play it again and be on the dark side, but i couldnt get past the first planet again. I missed my Lightsabre to much!
DONT DIS EQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eq took away 1,356 hours of my life, and still fun to play every now and then (die, gnome guards!)

super_ryu
01-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Break the cd in half and throw it in the garbage. If you end up buying the game again repeat. Pretty soon you'll be wasting alot of money just to replace the game (and breaking it again) you won't wanna pay up the cash!
If you dont have the heart to break it, simply put the cd in worst case scenarios:
e.g. Put the cd beside your bed. When you wake up you'll probably forget its there and hopefully step on it by accident.

p.s. whats kotor anyway?
I think i probably heard of it but whats it stand for?