PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Have you guys seen Rid****?! best-looking game ever!

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 05:35 PM
I just got the new game Informer and it has a feature on a game called Rid**** with Vin Diesil. It looks better than Halo 2. It looks as good as Doom 3, and it's on xbox. You know that movie that's coming out this summer, the Chronicles of Rid****, the sequel to Pitch Black, well the game is the prequel to those movies. It is an FPS and it is made by Starbreeze, the people that made Enclave. I can't believe how good it looks. (Aloneinthedark mentioned this in another thread.) It is expected to be out in June.

LiquidX
01-20-2004, 07:03 PM
Bah! Screw movie games/prequel/tie-ins... I learned my lesson with Enter The Matrix... There hasn't been a good movie related game in my opinion since Goldeneye back in the old'en days of the N64.

l Maximus l
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
I hope it's as good as it sounds, however, it is typical for games based on movies to pretty much blow ass...but, who knows? I guess we'll see.

Looks better than Halo 2? Man, I have to check out some screenies...

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Liquidx, Rogue Leader was great and LOTR Two Towers was good. It is no longer a rule that movie related games must suck. You definitely should not dismiss this game just because it's a movie tie in. I'm telling you it looks incredible! Wait until you see it!

l Maximus l
01-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
Wait until you see it!

Would you mind posting some pics!? :)

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Would you mind posting some pics!? :)
sorry, I"m not able to do that. maybe someone else can.

CRAYMAN
01-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Yeah, some pics would be nice or a link to an article...OR ANYTHING.

If it's by the makers of Enclave, the graphics will most likely be first rate.

:cool:

MerimacHamwich
01-20-2004, 07:34 PM
None to be found by me.

LTM360
01-20-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm telling you it looks incredible!

Looks arn't everything. I hate the LOTR games/movies. And Star Wars is the only game that is good, but I hate the movies so I guess I dont have much say. And yes, it is a rule that 97% of all game/movies will suck. I love Terminator 3, but the game is an absolute descrace and should never have never been allowed to use the word 'Terminator' in any way, shape, or form.

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Yeah, some pics would be nice or a link to an article...OR ANYTHING.

If it's by the makers of Enclave, the graphics will most likely be first rate.

Sorry Crayman, I tried to scan the pics but my scanner isn't working, I haven't used it in ages. I don't know how to post pics anyway, I would have to e-mail them to one of you and let you do it. Now I would have to go to Office Depot and pay to use their scanner. The graphics remind me a lot of Doom 3. I would say they are every bit as good.

DocHoliday78
01-20-2004, 08:19 PM
just right click the picture and go to properties, cut and past the url into the img code thing below the mesage icons.

themoosearmy
01-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Last great movie title was Goldeneye, since then all the titles have been subpar (especially Enter the Matrix...wow). I'm a big tolkien fan so that turns me off the games a bit, but RotK was really good, two towers was alright.

As far as looks goes, a lot of games "look better" than Halo 2, but looks can be decieving. I love NES!!:D and I still have some all time favorites on old reliable nintendo.

ScorpionX
01-20-2004, 09:42 PM
http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/screengalerie/4780.jpg
http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/screengalerie/4771.jpg
http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/screengalerie/4774.jpg
http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/screengalerie/4770.jpg
http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/screengalerie/4775.jpg

More can be found at:

http://www.gu-videogames.de/uni-xbox/index.php3?page=screengalerie_artikel&show=350

MerimacHamwich
01-20-2004, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't say they are better than Halo 2, definetly not on par with Doom 3.

I would say they are a mix of Unreal 2 and Halo 2. Pretty decent, but not comparable to Doom 3.

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Thanks Scorp! ;) I told you guys it was freakin awesome! I think the one in the upper right corner of the page you linked to is the best. Can you believe how cool that is? It looks way better than Halo 2. Merimac, you need to get your eyes checked. And Unreal 2 isn't even in the same league as this bad boy.

ScorpionX
01-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks Scorp! ;) I told you guys it was freakin awesome! I think the one in the upper right corner of the page you linked to is the best. Can you believe how cool that is? It looks way better than Halo 2. Merimac, you need to get your eyes checked.

Yea its nice that there isn't going to be an ammo counter on your screen, and the lighting effects look very nice. I'm not sure what type of game it is, but it seems as though you are battling gangs in a prison? Is it supposed to be a FPS or a combination of an RPG?

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 10:22 PM
it is an FPS, but you can't use a gun right away. You have to start off beating them up. Apparently there's some stealth to the game. Rid**** can see in the dark, and can shoot out lights for an advantage.

MaxPain
01-20-2004, 10:30 PM
it is an FPS, but you can't use a gun right away. You have to start off beating them up. Apparently there's some stealth to the game. Rid**** can see in the dark, and can shoot out lights for an advantage.

[Splinter Cell]sounds familiar[/Splinter Cell]

:D

Uchiha Sasuke
01-20-2004, 10:31 PM
Looks like a very visually appealing game. Hopefully the gameplay stands up to the graphics.

PoetSaskia
01-20-2004, 11:43 PM
yeah. I'm bored, so I'll post some more from the magazine article on Rid****.
"The authentic details of Rid****'s world are unparalleled, thanks to a new technique called normal mapping. Normal mapping is a technique used to exponentially add to the amount of detail that can be included on a 3D object without greatly increasing the processing power required to display it. Upcoming mega-titles like Halo 2 will make partial use of this technique; Rid**** will use it for every object in the game. " "It's a complex process, but results in dramatically nicer graphics than traditional modelling, without putting a huge strain on the console's processor."
"downloadable content for xbox live has also been planned. New missions and levels have been confirmed, as have additional weapons and costumes." "We have some parts of the game that include locked doors," "You will be able to download new levels that take place beyond those locked doors."

oldi1knoby
01-21-2004, 12:29 AM
This really looks great.
I can't wait for the next generation of games to come out on Xbox and PC, many of them using this normal-mapping technique, which I have yet to see in a game.

CRAYMAN
01-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Hmmm...First person hand-to-hand, I'm sure it's a very small part of the game.
I don't think anyone has done that very well.
We'll see...thanks for the pics.

Shadow20002
01-21-2004, 08:42 AM
About FPS Hand-to-Hand, we gonna get Breakdown in a short time. This better than Halo 2 ? Hmm....

CRAYMAN
01-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
This better than Halo 2 ? Hmm....

Oh sure...so was Brute Force according to the hype machine.:o

RichVGS
01-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Those do look like pretty darn good graphics. But a game can be the best looking game of all time, but if it plays like crap, then the game will be crap. I want to believe in this game, but the "Robocop" and "Terminator 3" keep going through my mind. I hope this won't follow the same path.

AloneInTheDark
01-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Ahh..finally someone that's read it. This game looks amazing, I agree it looks better than Halo 2. It looks gorgeous, screw how it plays. It's one of those games you just want to stare at. The gameplay also sounds fun :)

Snake Eyez
01-21-2004, 03:12 PM
So far I like what I see. I'll have to keep my eye on this game.

Slap A Pope
01-21-2004, 03:46 PM
It really looks to be going after a Doom3 in-between Halo look. Its got my interest. I only hope I don't forget about it when I'm actually playing Doom3. Chances are i will. I'll probably forget everything else, when I'm playing that game.

PoetSaskia
01-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Hey, what happened? The awesome Rid**** pics have been replaced by pics of Thief 3 and some soccer game. That sucks. You know, if someone had shown me those Rid**** pics and said that they were from a game on xbox 2, I would have believed it. It will really be something if it beats Halo 2 to the shelves with that much better graphics.

themoosearmy
01-23-2004, 07:28 PM
LOL, the pics disappeared. How ironic that they are pics of Thief 3.

Anyways, I'd have to say it ranks between Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden. Doom 3 is just in a league of its ownover there at ID Games.

PoetSaskia
01-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Ninja Gaiden looks good but it isn't in the same league as these games as far as advanced lighting. And in the eight minute Halo2 gameplay video, the lighting is pretty advanced but the environment is pretty plain compared to those pics of Rid****, which are loaded with detail. I think it looks just as good as Doom 3. And Doom3 may not look as good when it gets to xbox. Rid**** is on xbox already.

kritic
01-23-2004, 09:36 PM
I LOVE how you will be able to see your feet that rocks!

Spic_Tacular26
01-23-2004, 09:57 PM
When is Rid**** gonna be due to come out?? and get some more Pics up! I want to see this puppy! Hope the gameplay is as good as the graphics:)

PoetSaskia
01-23-2004, 10:05 PM
the pics are in the latest Game Informer, which says the game is due out in June. Sorry, I am not able to post the pics. Man, it looks awesome.

alistein
01-23-2004, 10:28 PM
The game truly looks amazing at least the screens and easily is on par with Doom 3 and Halo 2 . The graphic detail on the guards looked much better than Halo 2 ,the game may turn out better looking than Halo 2 as it uses normal on everything in the game and the jaggie seem to be smoother than Halo 2's. In anycase the graphics are truly amazing and all that was said about this game is enough to be hyped up about. Also from the screens it seems quite a lot has been put into this game for it to flop. There were some pictures on the Team xbox forum also on the xbox 365 forum or you can simply do what everyone is by buying the mag.

alistein
01-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Let'see if this link to he page works well here goes
http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:pJfkXxijdIEJ:forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/014703+g-xis(rid****)&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

themoosearmy
01-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Halo 1's graphics were just fine for me, I've always been turned to gameplay over graphics. If Rid**** can match with an awesome plot and gameplay, I'm all for it!

PoetSaskia
01-23-2004, 11:43 PM
on the team xbox forums, a guy had posted some pics from the game, but he said Vivendi Universal, the people who are making it, contacted him and asked him to take down the pics. I wonder why they would do that? You would think they'd want as much hype for the game as possible. Maybe they are responsible for the pics being gone from this thread as well. Strange.

Viper87227
01-24-2004, 12:58 AM
this game does indeed look very good, but looks arn't everything in a game (after all, I hate splinter cell). And just because its a movie game doesnt mean its destine to be bad. While most movie games are, i belive that the lord of the rings games are amazing....so its certainly possable. Unfortunitly, no matterhow good this game is, I doubt it willbe able to stand up to Halo 2, Doom 3, and Half Life 2. This title should be interesting to follow.

PoetSaskia
01-24-2004, 01:29 AM
I hated Splinter Cell too. As far as it not being able to stand up to those 3 games, it looks like it will beat all three of them to the market. Everyone is Hoping Halo2 will come out around April, but if it doesn't, Rid**** may just beat it to the punch in June. And it already has graphics that are better than Halo 2's and as good as the PC version of Doom3. We don't know how much the graphics of Doom3 and Half-Life2 will suffer in translation. Of all these games, I am the most excited about Rid**** because, for one, it's coming out sooner, and for another, it has the best graphics of any xbox game I've ever seen. Not having seen the xbox versions of Doom3 and Half-life2 and not knowing when they're coming out, it's hard to get excited about them. It seems like we've been hearing about those three games forever and yet still not one of them has a release date, and suddenly this game comes out of nowhere, looking better than any other game and it's coming out in June? You gotta love it!:D

PoetSaskia
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM
found a link to some scans of the game informer pics.
http://www.vindiesel.hu/ Can't see them too good though.

Snoop E
01-28-2004, 12:27 PM
i hate vin diesel and will never buy any of his stuff!!!!! i have spoke