PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed Underground 81/111

BinaryXtreme
01-20-2004, 07:06 PM
I need some help if anyone knows. I am playing Need For Speed Underground am at 81/111 and have been trying to win this race on easy mode for a week now. Ever since I got some of the level 3 parts, forget it. The cars are extremely aggressive. This is the level that you race for a rim upgrade. I have even resulted to running the cars into a wall and they stop completely only to return quickly to smoke me. Any suggestions are appreciated.

l Maximus l
01-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Eventhough I have never played the game (which I hear is sweet), I can suggest something and perhaps it will work. Whenever I get into a situation like that, I change the view that I'm playing in...nearly every single time I do this, I win...I'm kinda wierd like that :D

BinaryXtreme
01-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks Maximus. I'll give it a shot.

This game is super sweet. Talk about some seriously cool cars you can design and the game play is awesome.

DocHoliday78
01-20-2004, 08:56 PM
I know exactly what race you are talking about but i hate to admit it but it only took me a few times. I really cant suggest anything since it depends on your style of racing. Just make sure you keep your nos unitll the last lap when you need it.

MaxPain
01-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
I need some help if anyone knows. I am playing Need For Speed Underground am at 81/111 and have been trying to win this race on easy mode for a week now. Ever since I got some of the level 3 parts, forget it. The cars are extremely aggressive. This is the level that you race for a rim upgrade. I have even resulted to running the cars into a wall and they stop completely only to return quickly to smoke me. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Are you using a steering wheel.. or controller ?

Sellout Theory
01-20-2004, 10:39 PM
I need some help if anyone knows. I am playing Need For Speed Underground am at 81/111 and have been trying to win this race on easy mode for a week now. Ever since I got some of the level 3 parts, forget it. The cars are extremely aggressive. This is the level that you race for a rim upgrade. I have even resulted to running the cars into a wall and they stop completely only to return quickly to smoke me. Any suggestions are appreciated. Instead of getting a really fast car, how bout you use a car with good handling, like the miata. Make sure you use manual cus that makes your car fast and its easier to turn if you know how to use it. Like now I used the Miata up until I got the skyline. So I use the skyline on manual. Plus Automatic is for ******s

Chaotic
01-21-2004, 07:43 AM
I feel your pain.

81/100 is impressive man, you must be putting a crap load of time into this game because it's extremely hard and takes a long time to get that far. I agree with max, trying changing your view to first person or any view that you usually don't use sometimes that helps. :cheers:

Spaztic
01-21-2004, 08:06 AM
I beat them all. Use the skyline with a manual tranny!

xthugking
01-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Sellout Theory
... Make sure you use manual cus that makes your car fast and its easier to turn if you know how to use it. Like now I used the Miata up until I got the skyline. So I use the skyline on manual. Plus Automatic is for ******s

That's crap man.

BinaryXtreme
01-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone. That level is going down tonight. I'll keep ya posted. I want those custom rims for my ride.

BTW, I've tried using both my steering wheel and hand controller.

mattgame
01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I know the AI is a beatch. Check the speed of your car, check for all the upgrades, save your nos for the finish, and crash the cars as soon as they try and pass you. I beat the game, it's difficult but you'll get it. Let us know.:)

BinaryXtreme
01-21-2004, 07:12 PM
So there I was, after a week of no success and bitterness was nipping at my very soul. Still unable to conquer the level which had been taunting my gaming career with harsh abandon. It was the final lap, just turns to go and I was finally the victor. 2 turns to go and this car, out of the blue gets me a little sideways and he passes to my right. I stay focused and corrected just behind my nemesis when I go right, he moves to block, I go left, then a quick right and a sudden NOS burst, I closed my eyes as we crossed the finish line and watched my totals accumulate. VICTORY VICTORY VICTORY by get this, 1/66th of a second! As tears run down my face I'd like to thank all that helped me thru this horrific battle. I'd like to thank all of the sponsers that stuck with me as well. The academy and my fans. Thank you all. I love you all! :cheers: It's Miller Time!

mattgame
01-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Righteous, righteous! Now wait until you get to race 93. That's a real ballbuster.:D

Spaztic
01-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Also when you tap the nos instead of holding it down you go alot faster and your nos dosn't go down as fast. Just letting you know incase you didn't. Be careful you can blow the engine of the car though.

l Maximus l
01-22-2004, 03:46 PM
:cheers: It's Miller Time!

lol, atleast you have the right idea...however, may I suggest Coors instead? :D That is, if you like cheaper domestics...I prefer Guinness myself :cheers:

Oh yeah...CONGRATS!!!

l Maximus l
01-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
Righteous, righteous! Now wait until you get to race 93. That's a real ballbuster.:D

lol, dude....talk about a total buzz kill! :D

Spic_Tacular26
01-23-2004, 09:47 PM
I dont remember having trouble on race 81..... but i gotta tell you, i did race 95 at least 23 times over.... I would be leading every lap but its the last one that i would always choke.....

BinaryXtreme
01-23-2004, 11:23 PM
It's weird. After talking to a lot of people that beat this game many of them had troubles with levels I thought were rather easy and some I think are hard, they think are easy. Racing style has a lot to do with it I think. Man what an addictive game though. I have a Nissan 350Z all tricked out with purple lightning and purple pearl paint. I just can't get enough of it.:D

Viper87227
01-24-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Eventhough I have never played the game (which I hear is sweet), I can suggest something and perhaps it will work. Whenever I get into a situation like that, I change the view that I'm playing in...nearly every single time I do this, I win...I'm kinda wierd like that :D

Shame, shame....this has to be the best racing game available. And if you have PS2, online play is exelent. I advise you to get this game, and then try to play it while intoxicated, now there is something you would have fun with

DocHoliday78
01-24-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227

Shame, shame....this has to be the best racing game available. And if you have PS2, online play is exelent. I advise you to get this game, and then try to play it while intoxicated, now there is something you would have fun with

I think Pc online play is much better, but thats just me. For some reason on the ps2 my friend lags alot but i never get any on the PC. Eh, could be that he has a crappy broadband connection but man gotta love nfsug at 1600 resolution.

BinaryXtreme
01-24-2004, 02:41 PM
The awesome game play makes it just a blast to play but being able to customize your car with so many different options keeps you glued to this game. I honestly did not expect to like this as much as I do but it is just fun, period! I haven't gotten tired of this yet and I don't think I ever will. I've found when something is good whether it's music, movies, or video games it will always remain good.