PDA

View Full Version : Ign Goty

Duke
01-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Haven't seen this anywhere yet, but I miss a lot of stuff, so..........

1. Windwaker

2. KOTOR (apparently only a few votes out of first)

Honorable Mentions:

PoP

Viewtiful Joe.

PapaSKooT
01-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, I havent played any of the top 4 games of the year, go me!

But really, from what i've heard, these rankings seem pretty reasonable

DocHoliday78
01-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Haven't seen this anywhere yet, but I miss a lot of stuff, so..........

1. Windwaker

2. KOTOR (apparently only a few votes out of first)

Honorable Mentions:

PoP

Viewtiful Joe.

Kotor is game of the year. Windwaker didnt even beat out Viewtifull joe on its own system let alone beat out kotor. source (http://bestof2003.ign.com/overall.html)

l Maximus l
01-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Kotor is game of the year. Windwaker didnt even beat out Viewtifull joe on its own system let alone beat out kotor. source (http://bestof2003.ign.com/overall.html)

I think Duke was simply referring to one of many gaming sites...notably IGN, in this case.

Duke
01-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks max. His link is ign as well. Mine was Insider's choice GOTY. Should have made that clear.

http://insider.ign.com/articles/473/473870p2.html

for those of you that have it.

Trento52
01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't know if i was hilucinating but the best shooter of 2003 was panzer dragoon orta. Which seems pretty odd. I think this is ign and for all systems.

DocHoliday78
01-22-2004, 07:37 PM
whoops, just re read my post and i sounded like an *******. My bad and yeah i get you know duke:cheers:

TheCovenant
01-23-2004, 01:32 AM
WELL I think KOTOR deserved it. Kotor was a better star wars experience than the movies IMO. im not a star wars fan, but those games were just great.

Windwaker did so poorly in awards. i think it got readers and insiders choice. Kotor won like 6 overall awards or awards period. i know it got best sound best rpg and some other stuff.

Viewtifull joe beat out windwaker in its own console like duke said.

The results this year were unexpected but hey, out of the three years that all the next gen consoles were out, Xbox got 2/3 overall game of the years awards!

(halo, KOTOR) and GNC got 1 (prime). This year we got halo 2, half life 2, doom 3, fable , ninja gaiden (maybe?) , metroid prime 2, and metal gear solid 3 running for GOTY. Its hard to predict the outcome of this one.......VERY hard.......

mattgame
01-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Windwaker must have been a great game. I would have voted for POP but that's the beauty of having my very own opinion.;)

themoosearmy
01-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Windwaker would be my game of the year, but I'm a HUGE Zelda series fan from way back.

The biggest thing that is going to determine the winner of all the big guns this year is the story. Not only did the last few GotYs have great visuals/sound, they also had an engrossing story. We'll have to wait and see tho, they are all coming one by one througout the year, i'll beat them as they come.

LTM360
01-24-2004, 12:02 PM
I've played and Owned (at some point) all of them, and that list I think sucks. Wind Waker was the biggest dissapointment of 2003. I thought it was terrible, the worst story-line of any of the Zeldas, and the sailing stuff just became a chore more so than fun. I know you could teleport and stuff, but it just got old, and dull. I didnt like KotOR at all, I like games like that too, I love Fainl Fantasy's, and things of that nature, but the battle system on KotOR was just too... I dunno really, I didn't like it. Viewtiful Joe... What can be said bad about that game? Easily the best game of '03, and it should've been GOTY everywhere, I love it, and its reason enough to own a GC so if I were any of you who have a GC., buyt it now. And PoP was really great as well, just too easy, and too short (Thanks again XBA!). Just my .02 on the 4 games.