PDA

View Full Version : Online play is gonna be laggy right?

Sniper2
01-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Online play will be laggy unless the host of the game has a really fast connection won't it? I can't stand lag thats why I hate PC games.

Cthugg
01-05-2002, 09:59 PM
i heard xbox is makin an extra adapter so you can hook up ur dsl and s****tee... is that true? if they do... then if u have like dsl is wont be laggy.. but u got 56k.. im pretty sure it will.....
cuz everyone is gonna be online with xbox...

Sniper2
01-05-2002, 10:05 PM
I've got cable and i'm worried about lag

Hugh_Jass
01-05-2002, 10:35 PM
I assume that the official MS service will have a really fat pipe and lag won't be a problem.

Gamespy, on the other hand, is unpredictable.

Ground_Pounder
01-06-2002, 12:52 PM
I'd like to say this again...

THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN PLAY WITH 56K !!!! It just won't happen man, like come on now, your saying it would be really laggy, it just wouldn't work, THAT is why there is a BroandBand adapter with Xbox and NOT 56K, and I HIGHLY doubt they will release a modem. The online gaming won't be AS laggy as PC gaming because PC gaming has 56K to contend with. And like said b4, microsoft will have HUGE bandwidth, they have TONS of money so they can afford all the bandwith... lol

I'm looking forward to online gaming myself, cause I have yet to put my cable connection to gaming use for the year i've had it. Well the odd PC game, but nothing major.

XBOX Dude
01-06-2002, 01:22 PM
yeah i'm going to get direct tv dsl just so i can play xbox online casue i'm still stuck with a 56k

Sniper2
01-06-2002, 03:17 PM
wow I can't wait now,.........I have another question though, How exactly will you hook it up, like will I have to move my xbox?