PDA

View Full Version : Tenchu:RTF - Interview

thrAsher
01-23-2004, 10:56 AM
The Tenchu series has always stood apart from other games starring ninjas because of its much more realistic approach to presenting the fast-paced ninja lifestyle. The last entry in the series, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven for the PlayStation 2, was released early last year and continued the story from the first Tenchu. The game was set one year after the events in the first Tenchu and let you play as Rikimaru, Ayame, or a doctor named Tesshu. A little over a year after the game's appearance on the PlayStation 2, Activision and developer K2 are working to bring a similar experience to the Xbox with Tenchu: Return From Darkness, a director's-cut version of Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven that has been significantly enhanced. The game will have an updated single-player mode with new cutscenes and gameplay mechanics, while the multiplayer game has been overhauled to accommodate Xbox Live support. There will also be new levels and bosses, one of which is Mifuyu (which means "Three Winters" in Japanese). She is the 20-year-old daughter of the samurai Tadokoro. She was trained by her father in the art of swordfighting and holds a high code of honor. She is the boss character for the new samurai mansion in the Rikimaru and Ayame storylines. We had the chance to talk to Masanori Kuwasashi, the main game designer at K2, to find out what to expect from the franchise's Xbox debut.

Interview (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/tenchureturnfromdarkness/preview_6086850.html)

I'm really excited about this one, and w/ all the work they've done for the Xbox version, I'm almost giddy. :p IMO, Live needs something exactly like this.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-23-2004, 12:23 PM
i remember the first tenchu for the playstation, that was fun.

what will the differences between this game and ninja gaiden be tho?

tbuk

thrAsher
01-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I agree. Tenchu on the PS1 is still one of the more memorable games from that system for me.

I couldn't tell you what the differences between the two are. They both will rock just for the whole ninja thing, but I believe Gaiden will be more polished. Still, getting your game on ninja-stylee on Live will make Tenchu a must have title, IMO.