PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 threads and release dates

Casper
01-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Ok, not saying that I'm sick of seeing them here, but I do realize that just about everyone is hyped for this game. But honestly, nothing that you guys will post here saying that "I have a friend of a friend who has this barber who talked to some guy that works for MS" is anything near to official. We will have the date posted once it is released from Bungie - not Ebgames and definitely not another rumored site that says they have the answer to all.

All Halo 2 threads that are made but are not official news from either HBO, MS, or Bungie themselves will be closed.

We will have a Halo 2 forum this weekend and that will contain all 'news' about the game, not rumors.

If anyone has any questions about this, ask away, but I have noticed alot of members getting frustrated with this and I know the staff has. We understand it's dam close to being the biggest phenomenon for XBox gamers, but we need to maintain some control over this.

That is all.

TheCovenant
01-23-2004, 01:28 PM
whoa! great idea casper! good solution to a sudden problem......you must have graduated at the head of mod school:).

anywaysanyways good job casper, i think this was needed. seriously.

No Fear 23
01-23-2004, 01:32 PM
bout time ur going with my idea.

Conchord
01-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Ok, not saying that I'm sick of seeing them here, but I do realize that just about everyone is hyped for this game. But honestly, nothing that you guys will post here saying that "I have a friend of a friend who has this barber who talked to some guy that works for MS" is anything near to official. We will have the date posted once it is released from Bungie - not Ebgames and definitely not another rumored site that says they have the answer to all.

All Halo 2 threads that are made but are not official news from either HBO, MS, or Bungie themselves will be closed.

We will have a Halo 2 forum this weekend and that will contain all 'news' about the game, not rumors.

If anyone has any questions about this, ask away, but I have noticed alot of members getting frustrated with this and I know the staff has. We understand it's dam close to being the biggest phenomenon for XBox gamers, but we need to maintain some control over this.

That is all.

Excellent. Can we have a forum just for televised sports, too?

mattgame
01-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Doesn't that say alot though? I mean when can anybody say that there has been this much hype for a game to be released? The pressure on Bungie must be tremendous. Good idea though.:cheers:

Casper
01-23-2004, 03:00 PM
*cough*New Halo 2 Forum (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=99) *cough*

Enjoy :D

BunnyRabbit
01-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
*cough*New Halo 2 Forum (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=99) *cough*

Enjoy :D

Awesome...This will be more oftenly posted in than the Off Topic Lounge and the General Discussion once halo2 comes out :p

Cant wait til then!:cheers:

J4320
01-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Yay!!! Thank you mods!!:cheers: :D :D :cheers:

themoosearmy
01-23-2004, 06:52 PM
:cheers:

You da man Casper! Thanks for that!

Prior
01-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Thx alot casper for that.

m4oH
01-23-2004, 08:15 PM
All I can say is I cant wait for halo2 and i have heard about 35 different relesase dates.

Brevity
01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
nice idea to put all this stuff under one thread

kenji
01-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Thank God. Reading this is like having a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

Thanks a lot, Casper.:cheers:

JJaX
01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Sweet i cant wait!!!

lol lol lol1!111

So when is Halo 2 coming out? My friend told me it was coming out April 1!!!11

You better believe me, But i dont care if you dont! Lol lolo lo lololo!!111

:cuss:

Ford
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Speaking of halo 2 and sigs t_howell nice sig man i love it!!!!!

MikeMan91389
01-27-2004, 04:35 PM
the halo 2 forum is pretty sweet...im gunna start living there soon.... i will migrate when others do

EvilPepper
01-28-2004, 06:46 AM
MMMmmm halo2 goodness... have to fallow the trail of drool and check it out

Chr0nik
01-30-2004, 03:42 PM
IGN has confirmed with Bungie that Halo 2 will be available Fall 2004.

See link

IGN details (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/487/487988p1.html?fromint=1)

Sheeyt
01-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Please edit the size of that picture before posting it, It's causing the thread to strech way to far. That's a beautiful picture btw ;)

First ever MP screen shot from HALO2. Released at the same time Bungie confirmed a Fall release date!

Cottrau
01-31-2004, 10:15 AM
http://www.gamespot.com//xbox/action/halo2/news_6087192.html

it will definitely be out this november (so you know)

I would bet my life it comes out november 15th-ish

just so you know, don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be a glutton of bad news, but i told you all this like 4 months ago

it was said to be out last christmas to build hype, just as the april release... but it WILL be out Q42004, so just hold your pants on until then

Look for a preliminary release date of october something in the early summer, which will be postponed to a closer release date a few months later, followed by the actual release date in early october.

White Wizard
02-03-2004, 04:23 PM
i must say .. the Master Chiefs birthday would be a kickass release date for MS and bungieto release Halo 2. probly come with a kewl halo action figure with a birthday hat on preorder or something .!

themoosearmy
02-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Look for a preliminary release date of october something in the early summer, which will be postponed to a closer release date a few months later, followed by the actual release date in early october.
Bungie doesn't do prelim release dates, actually all those speculative dates were made up by vendors hungry for preorders. When the actual date is known it will be THE date.