PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Stats

BinaryXtreme
01-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Xbox Installed Base Update
By David Smith
1/22/2004

Along with a preliminary statement on its quarterly results for the three months ending December 31, Microsoft today released an update on the progress of the Xbox console worldwide. The console's installed base is up to 13.7 million worldwide, and Microsoft expects to sell between 14.5 and 16 million Xboxes worldwide by the end of its current fiscal year, June 30.
Meanwhile, Xbox Live also grows apace, with nearly 750,000 subscribers signed up as yet and a projected one million subscribers by the end of the fiscal year (since Microsoft no doubt expects big things from upcoming Xbox Live titles like Halo 2.

A lot of awesome games coming to Live and I see on XBOX.com that Unreal The Awakening is now listed as a February release so I am drooling just thinking about this game. It looks hot! February 11th I'm sorry to say that no one is going to hear or see me for a while.

Happy Gaming

l Maximus l
01-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Interesting news...especially about XBL. I figured it was growing at a crazy ass pace...as some of you know, I work part-time at an electronics retailer and we keep selling out of XBox Live every time we get some in. :)

BinaryXtreme
01-23-2004, 03:58 PM
Yeah, a guy at Best Buy said they sell out all the time. ShopKo can barely stock them before someone buys them all. I remember when I first subscribed there were not many games even Live enabled but man the times go quick.

Happy Gaming :D

l Maximus l
01-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Nice...and the funny thing is that despite the price increase on XBL, the demand appears to have gone up! :watchout:

LiquidX
01-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Meanwhile, Xbox Live also grows apace, with nearly 750,000 subscribers signed up as yet and a projected one million subscribers by the end of the fiscal year (since Microsoft no doubt expects big things from upcoming Xbox Live titles like Halo 2.

Upcoming titles like Halo 2... end of the fiscal year... June 30th... I wonder if these are little hints being left by Microsoft...

m4oH
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
How can you edit a sig like that. I mean how?how?how?

Viper87227
01-23-2004, 09:45 PM
nice to see XBL is doing well, although I am not really surpirsed concidering the competition ;)