PDA

View Full Version : My xbox fixed... For free??

dances with broom sticks
01-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Ok, so here is the plan.

I go to blockbuster, and rent the system, then switch my broken box with their working box, and then take it back and get my money back...

Sounds like a good idea to me :D

Flood
01-24-2004, 01:07 AM
except theres usually stickers and barcodes on a rented system...which will be noticable if u try and swap them

oh yea...and its illegal

Viper87227
01-24-2004, 01:09 AM
and then when the next customer says it doenst work they send their henchmen after you and publicly spoon out your eyeballs to show they are not a force to be reckoned with!

BTw have you done this already or is it something you planon doing?

Justus
01-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
Ok, so here is the plan.

I go to blockbuster, and rent the system, then switch my broken box with their working box, and then take it back and get my money back...

They'll probally just charge you because they think you broke their Xbox.

But I do have a better solution, get the Better Business Bureau on the horn and tell them that Microsoft sold you a defective product and are charging you to fix it. They'll get your Xbox fixed for free most likely. If it doesn't work, you haven't lost anything but I'd give it a try before ripping off Blockbuster.

Conchord
01-24-2004, 01:11 AM
They have stickers on the outside, and on the hardware, and if you remove the stickers that are on the inside, not only will your ruin their xbox too, you will have to pay for it. It better not be store #48600, If i see you in there, i will examine your rectum with a 9 iron!!!

dances with broom sticks
01-24-2004, 01:13 AM
No, I havent done it. It was more of just a thought. I wouldnt be able to do that. I have a nagging problem of values and morals :cuss:

I was just venting my frustration with a friend about my xbox and I came up with that idea.

Its almost the same as max's walmart switch, just a different company

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by xbocks
They have stickers on the outside, and on the hardware, and if you remove the stickers that are on the inside, not only will your ruin their xbox too, you will have to pay for it. It better not be store #48600, If i see you in there, i will examine your rectum with a 9 iron!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a canadian

Im a former BB employee, and we didnt use any stickers on ours? Only thing we did was plug it in, then chuck it in the defect box

Conchord
01-24-2004, 01:22 AM

quote:

Im a canadian

Im a former BB employee, and we didnt use any stickers on ours? Only thing we did was plug it in, then chuck it in the defect box

We have stickers on EVERYTHING now. CDS, cassettes, and even systems. I did manage to swap my scrathed Need for Speed disc with a blockbuster one....heh

dances with broom sticks
01-24-2004, 01:26 AM

We have stickers on EVERYTHING now. CDS, cassettes, and even systems. I did manage to swap my scrathed Need for Speed disc with a blockbuster one....heh

Your system is probably much better then ours. We actually STOPPED markign dvds recently, and only have a rating sticker on vhs now.

Conchord
01-24-2004, 01:28 AM

Your system is probably much better then ours. We actually STOPPED markign dvds recently, and only have a rating sticker on vhs now.

Our store is the #7 store in the USA. Cleanest, friendliest, prettiest. Lakeway throws out so much money :p

DocHoliday78
01-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Why dont you just do it with a T.R.U or a walmart? You get a brand new xbox without having to make a deposit w/ an account or credit card.

shapoopy
01-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Ok, so here is the plan.

lol good idea, but when they get it back and the next persons rents it and says it doesn't work itll be your fault but i had a similar idea with game i wanted to take of the disk cover thingy you know the label on da disk and switch thatlabel with one of my crappy games and keep that didn't try it though

BunnyRabbit
01-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Ok, so here is the plan.

Haha, Id laugh my arse off if you left you xbox live data in the xbox hard drive... Then they play with your tag to see what it is. Call up XBL and give them your tag. The soon then find your credit card number and house address and then either persecute or charge your credit card with the price of the xbox.

Be careful.:cheers:

NeosNightmare
01-24-2004, 11:21 AM
good luck with the blockbuster thing. the 1 by me marks EVERYTHING...i cheked

DarkMatter
01-24-2004, 04:54 PM

Our store is the #7 store in the USA. Cleanest, friendliest, prettiest. Lakeway throws out so much money :p

Well..well..My EB is number 1 in the district:p

WynnFire
01-25-2004, 12:02 AM

Lol! I'm sorry, I just find that funny. I work at a Blockbuster but I wouldn't use a golf club, I would throw my stores Hp laser jet printer at the person.

NeosNightmare
01-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by WynnFire

Lol! I'm sorry, I just find that funny. I work at a Blockbuster but I wouldn't use a golf club, I would throw my stores Hp laser jet printer at the person.

yea, i no what u meen. i used to work at jc pennys and i almost threw the register at a customer. damn old ppl :cuss: