PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden delayed once again...

Sexaya
01-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Boy, I bet it'll come out mid-March at least. It's now delayed (at least that's what it says on EBGames and Gamespot), the new date is 23/2/04...

Comments?

Duke
01-24-2004, 05:30 AM
:twirls finger:

and this is surprising because?

Sheeyt
01-24-2004, 06:59 AM
Uh actually no. Team Ninja released a statement the other day saying Ninja Gaiden in fact would be released in Feb.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upside of publishing a game as eagerly anticipated as Ninja Gaiden is you know it will debut to massive sales. The downside is that you have to deal with massive interest in the form of gamers'--and reporters'--constant inquires about its release date.

Fielding those inquiries is the lot of John Inada, Tecmo Inc.'s director general manager and of sales and marketing. Following several game vendors' tweaking of Ninja Gaiden's release date--which has shifted from 2/10 to 2/17 on GameStop and 2/23 on EBGames--Inada felt obligated to address a fresh wave of delay rumors. "Retailers typically set their own 'expected release date' based on our status report," he told GameSpot. However, the game's official release date still hasn't been nailed down. "Unfortunately, we can not give you a specific date now except to say that the game is coming out in February as we have been saying all along," said Inada.

As to the root cause of Ninja Gaiden's nebulous ship date, Inada cited the large amount of last-minute fine-tuning such a high-level Xbox Live title requires. "Both Microsoft certification team and Team Ninja are working around the clock to bring this highly anticipated game to the consumers as quickly as possible without any compromise on the quality," he said. Inada also revealed that Ninja Gaiden has become a victim of its own success. "Initial order quantity by the retailers is much higher than we had anticipated, and this may add extra days to the normal manufacturing lead time."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_6086895.html

BunnyRabbit
01-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
Uh actually no. Team Ninja released a statement the other day saying Ninja Gaiden in fact would be released in Feb.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upside of publishing a game as eagerly anticipated as Ninja Gaiden is you know it will debut to massive sales. The downside is that you have to deal with massive interest in the form of gamers'--and reporters'--constant inquires about its release date.

Fielding those inquiries is the lot of John Inada, Tecmo Inc.'s director general manager and of sales and marketing. Following several game vendors' tweaking of Ninja Gaiden's release date--which has shifted from 2/10 to 2/17 on GameStop and 2/23 on EBGames--Inada felt obligated to address a fresh wave of delay rumors. "Retailers typically set their own 'expected release date' based on our status report," he told GameSpot. However, the game's official release date still hasn't been nailed down. "Unfortunately, we can not give you a specific date now except to say that the game is coming out in February as we have been saying all along," said Inada.

As to the root cause of Ninja Gaiden's nebulous ship date, Inada cited the large amount of last-minute fine-tuning such a high-level Xbox Live title requires. "Both Microsoft certification team and Team Ninja are working around the clock to bring this highly anticipated game to the consumers as quickly as possible without any compromise on the quality," he said. Inada also revealed that Ninja Gaiden has become a victim of its own success. "Initial order quantity by the retailers is much higher than we had anticipated, and this may add extra days to the normal manufacturing lead time."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_6086895.html

I like that post better :cheers:

I really dont want it to be delayed again.. I very Much look forward to getting it. But I guess with all the other games I currently have to play.. I will live.:(

Lucifer_Hawk
01-24-2004, 01:31 PM
I hope it still comes out in february, I got nothing to play except Crimson Skies which is still fun, but you know, it gets old after a while. I want my ninja now plz..........

Viper87227
01-24-2004, 01:55 PM
I am gald its been delayed. I cant afford it right now anyways and would rather see the extra time go into plus...plus I want to be the 1st person on meh block to own in :D

Shadow20002
01-24-2004, 02:41 PM
No matter what happen, i know i will get it in march. ;)

Unreal
01-24-2004, 10:05 PM
I dont care when it comes out and long as it is good. :D

Sigma
01-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I dont care when it comes out and long as it is good. :D
Im with you. I don't mind a few more months of polish.

Team Ninja has already said the game will be released in Feb. The game could still be delayed again, but I doubt it. I just know that I will have a copy spinning in my Xbox on the day of Ninja Gaiden's release.

l Maximus l
01-25-2004, 02:32 AM
This game will own...and I shall own it ;)

mattgame
01-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Here's a novel idea; no more release date threads. What is there to discuss? I only want to hear what the publisher or the developer says. I am sick of hearing something was pushed back when it was never given a solid, viable release date. :mad:

DocHoliday78
01-25-2004, 04:46 PM
From now on i dont give a damn what the release date is. Untill i see it on the shelf of my local store its not out yet.

George89
01-26-2004, 03:08 PM
13 extra days isn't too bad

Yankeez
01-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by George89
13 extra days isn't too bad

better than like 13 extra weeks, or in FABLE's case 13 extra months :D

Conchord
01-26-2004, 03:40 PM
delays, delays. oh well, nothing we can do cept sit here and wait...

BTW whats the deal with preorders? If there is a release date change, does that null your order, or since you already paid, you get the game whenever it comes out, delayed or not?

Shadow20002
01-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

better than like 13 extra weeks, or in FABLE's case 13 extra months :D

Nooo....do not state like that or...nevermind.

Sheeyt
01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Man it amazes me how many of you either don't read, can't read or choose not to read. The friggin game hasn't been delayed. Team Ninja has offically said Febuary.

themoosearmy
01-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
delays, delays. oh well, nothing we can do cept sit here and wait...

BTW whats the deal with preorders? If there is a release date change, does that null your order, or since you already paid, you get the game whenever it comes out, delayed or not?

It doesn't matter when the game comes out, if you preordered (and put some money down) you will be "guaranteed" a copy of the game whenever it is released.

BinaryXtreme
01-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
Man it amazes me how many of you either don't read, can't read or choose not to read. The friggin game hasn't been delayed. Team Ninja has offically said Febuary.

Yeah right. Officially? Unreal The Awakening had an,
official,release date of 11-17-03. Not out yet. I could go on forever. I will believe it when it hits the store shelves.

Sheeyt
01-27-2004, 01:35 PM
So you believe a video game store over the games developer and publisher? Thats a strange method to go by. If that was the case Halo2 would've been out a long time ago because EB originally had Halo 2's release date as 6/1/03.

If Team Ninja says Feburary, then Feburary it most likely will be. EB and Gamespot have absolutely no idea when the release date will be. They simply put those dates there as fill ins until an offical date is given. They even tell you the "dates are subject to change and have not been verified by the developer." Come on.

BinaryXtreme
01-27-2004, 01:50 PM
That's right, exactly! Case in point. Atari, the maker of Unreal had an official release date 3 times. There have been a multitude of official release dates that ended up bogus since video games went mainstream. Microsoft Studios is infamous for doing this. Are you saying that the makers of these games don't post these dates and they then get delayed? Halo 2 is a classic example of that. They were ready to release the game on it's so called official release date when they pulled it due to last minute problems they encountered with Live play. I am simply saying I will only believe the release dates for ANY game when it hits the store shelves after being misled time and time again. It will be released only when it hits the shelves!

Fanboy5000
01-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Who gives a **** about Atari? Just because one publisher makes mistakes, it means nothing about another.

We are talking Tecmo here, or more to the point, Team Ninja .

BinaryXtreme
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, great point....:huh:

Fanboy5000
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, and it was SO much worse than your "point"

BinaryXtreme
01-28-2004, 04:01 AM
What are you talking about?:huh:

Sheeyt
01-28-2004, 05:44 AM
Yes an Tecmo/Team Ninja is also notorious for sticking by what they say. They have never given an offical release date they didn't meet.

Sorry if I choose to believe the games developer over a game store. Also I like to think positively.

Duke
01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Eh, who knows. Just thought I'd pass this along for those of you who are following this.

Taken from IGN.
January 29, 2004 - First, the bad news: IGN confirmed with Tecmo today that Ninja Gaiden will miss the expected February 13 release date. Though no specific release date was given, retailers have been showing the second week of February as the magic month.

Now, the good news: Ninja Gaiden is now, for sure, going to go ship on the 19 or 23 or February, only a week or so later than expected. Retailers are showing the 23 as the official date, but the game could potentially ship earlier.
We'll have more on Ninja Gaiden as it happens.

BinaryXtreme
01-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I laughed when I read this as I was bashed several times for stating that no release dates are set in stone, EVER! I'm accepting apologies today. Love it.

colosso
01-30-2004, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sexaya
Boy, I bet it'll come out mid-March at least. It's now delayed (at least that's what it says on EBGames and Gamespot), the new date is 23/2/04...

Comments? [/QUOTE only for a few days,but i am sure it will be a good candidate for another game of the year award just like KOTOR AND HALO.

Fanboy5000
01-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Wow. They said it'll come in Feb and it's still coming in Feb.