PDA

View Full Version : The controller. Your thoughts.

captchronic
07-15-2001, 11:25 PM
I love that it has shoulder triggers and 6 button layout.

I always loved Sega for their controllers and I am happy to see a 6 button layout. I still wish it had a visual memory card for sport games. Nothing is better when no one has a clue to your play.

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2001, 11:32 AM
what was the visual memory card?

EIGamerzX
07-16-2001, 11:51 AM
the visual mem. card was on the dreamcast *I think* it had a little screen on the card.

And I think the xbox controller is sweet, it looks very comfortable, and it's big unlike the ps controller wich i hated.

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2001, 01:25 PM
yea the psone controller sucked... espeacially the stupid dual shock ones... TALK ABOUT UNCOMFORTABLE! but i think the big design will proove to be a good one! it is a better version of the dreamcast... i just hope the controllers arent to much more than the third party ones cause i might end up buyin a cheap one... even though the cheap ones are always crap and uncomfprtable...

rawiswar
07-16-2001, 01:26 PM
I read in Electronic Gaming Monthly that the four main buttons (A,B,X, and Y) are too close together. They didn't look too close together until they pointed that out. Now they look freakishly close! They closer together than the Super Nintendo controller.

xboxlover
07-16-2001, 01:43 PM
I love the look of the xbox controller, it is the best way to control the best games.

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2001, 01:55 PM
i cant remember what i read but i think it was a link from a ppost here a while ago... but it gave a perfect explaination of the buttons and now i wouldnt change them at all... unless i use it and dont like it

Spuz
07-16-2001, 06:04 PM
I think a lot of people will find they actually like it once they get to try it out.

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2001, 06:15 PM
i agree! i thought the dreamcast would be bad but it was actually awsome! i think it is the same with the xbox

Dr_J
07-16-2001, 07:51 PM
Don't judge it till you try it!

It LOOKS good, but I'll submit my review about it once I've used it myself.

I'll submit a lot of reviews of games and all when Chris makes me an XBA editor.

:D

dances with broom sticks
07-16-2001, 09:47 PM
Amen Dr J.

KevinM
07-17-2001, 07:37 AM
Being an owner of both a PS2 and a Dreamcast I have to say I absolutely hate the Playstation controller. I picked up a Performance Dual Impact 2 for my PS2 and use that exclusively.. will probably do the same for the Xbox as that is what i'm used to playing with. But I will give the controller a chance.

As far as the VMU.. I have to say that it's probably the kewlest thing of the DC. Being a late buyer of the unit (I waited till then hit $100 then layed the cake down) I was really impressed with the tricks and screens that show up on the screen. Very nice touch that I was hoping to see make it's way to the Xbox. I can live without it but it would've been a cool feature.

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 11:29 AM
was the vmu just a little screen that showed what was on the main screen? or was it like a gameboy type thing?

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 04:09 PM
i remember when i first saw the n64 controller... everyone was sayin how dumb it was and how it was the controller for the three armed man! lol

SeTH
07-17-2001, 05:14 PM
Don't Worry guys about the controller and buttons and such Microsoft didn't spend over a year and a half going to peoples houses and having them play non stop with it to see what needed to be changed etc. It has been play tested by people already like you and I so don't Worry!!!

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 07:00 PM
it was play tested by me!!!!!!!! u see i am actually bill gates long lost son... that he doesnt know about yet... and his 'yes' men know so they send me stuff to keep me quit.. but i cant hold it in any longer! BILL GATES IS MY FATHER!!!!!
damn... how i wish it was true...

Aaron
07-19-2001, 02:30 AM
::looks at broom funny::

ookkkkk.....

no more drugs for that guy. :D

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 11:00 AM
yea... oops... took a few to many tylonal that day! ;)

Aaron
07-19-2001, 08:11 PM
sure they didnt have batman on em?

seth78
07-19-2001, 08:15 PM
ooh that reminds me I need to take my flintstones vitamins

Aaron
07-19-2001, 08:17 PM
i pick out the bettie ones *drool*

seth78
07-19-2001, 08:26 PM
I know the VMU was innovative for its time but like Microsoft said most people were too into the game to pay attention to what the screen on the VMU said, so that's why it's not on the controller. I'm glad myself. I never even figured out how to play mini games on that thing. I love the DC controller and they say that the xbox controller is based almost solely off of it because the players liked its design the most.

Aaron
07-19-2001, 08:30 PM
yeah um i agree i guess