PDA

View Full Version : grand theft auto duble pack

odpr
01-24-2004, 01:29 PM
anyone?
Did anyone here bought it ? or played, after all they guys at microsoft realsed it so late...

I am thinking of buying it, is it wroth it?

more then that if someone bought it did you play the third one from the pack ?

or just vice?

ScorpionX
01-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Of course its worth it, GTA III and Vice City are two great games :)

odpr
01-24-2004, 01:50 PM
did u manage to finish it ? or is it after hour or so of distruction, it's getting boring ..
??

Chaotic
01-24-2004, 02:48 PM
If you've played any of the GTA series it's just like all the rest of them. The xbox version is a little better looking plus you get your custom sound tracks. Otherwise it's a great game.

Trento52
01-24-2004, 03:17 PM
I finished the third one and it was fun i liked it but i am not into vice city that much. I think the city isn't as cool for the third one has nice cities and layouts and alot of hills and stuff. I guess i find it more unenjoyable to force myself to try and do vice city. I will get around to it but i am pretty saticfied with the overall package.

l Maximus l
01-24-2004, 05:12 PM
At Fred Meyer Electronics on the West Coast, the double pack is on sale for $39.99 :)

Snake Eyez
01-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Did you check out the game reviews that are here written by staff and members?

kenji
01-24-2004, 11:28 PM
It is pretty good. I got it for a Christmas present, and I think that it was worth a gift. I have mixed feeling about this game though. It never gets me really pumped up about what is happening or makes me sit on the edge of my seat at all, and the story ins't that good. I think in retrospect, I think that I should have asked for Metal Arms.

I would rent it first, then make your descision. I was excited at first, but now it is just kinda blah.

NeosNightmare
01-25-2004, 12:04 AM
if uve play the one 4 ps2, the xbox version owns it. the graphics look way better.

l Maximus l
01-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by NeosNightmare
if uve play the one 4 ps2, the xbox version owns it. the graphics look way better.

True...isn't the XBox version of the GTA double pack a port of the PC version? I definately know it wasn't ported from the PoS2....fo shizzle....

Penfold
01-25-2004, 11:24 AM
I played the PS2 version and thats nothing compared to the XBOX version. Customized soundtracks; better graphics; HDTV support; and no loading time make this as recommended as Halo, IMHO as must owned games for the Green Machine.

The GTA VC games are so much fun to play, especially with the cheats. Its fun getting out of certain situations with the cheats. For example, I used the cheats for Health and Armor quite a bit during the Cannon Fodder mission in VC.

Warning: you will experience some weird bugs when cheating. I have not encounted any corruption of any game files in VC or in GTA 3, but weird things have happened. If you use the cheats a lot like I do, you will experience jumpy sequences when selecting weapons. It will stay like this till you press reset on the console. So, even though the XBOX version is less buggy than the PS2 version, make sure you take this recommendation:

Save whenever possible and save alot!!!! This way you wont be too peeved if your XBOX suddenly freezes on ya (VIce City has done this three times so far. Nothing to worry about since its a rare situation for me).

NeosNightmare
01-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

True...isn't the XBox version of the GTA double pack a port of the PC version? I definately know it wasn't ported from the PoS2....fo shizzle....

yea i believe i red that it is a pc port.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-25-2004, 01:34 PM
I believe so apart from the custom soundtrack. Its a great game overall. I like VC beeter. I've found all the hidden packages in VC and the last package was very fun indeed.

Xbox Owner
01-25-2004, 04:29 PM
If you played it a lot on PS2, there's really no reason to buy it.

odpr
01-26-2004, 07:31 AM
haven't play the game at all..
not the third and not the vice..

so I c it's a very recommanded game..

ok :)

MikeMan91389
01-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
If you played it a lot on PS2, there's really no reason to buy it.
soo not true... i enjoy it better on xbox :)

Xbox Owner
01-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

soo not true... i enjoy it better on xbox :)

How? All it does is have better graphics and custom soundtracks....

unless all you do is go kill people, i guess....

George89
01-27-2004, 08:45 AM
I've been playing Vice City for quite awhile and I'm pretty far into the the game..but I'm not sure if or when I'll finish it because it is getting a little bit boring, now that I have all places unlocked and I own quite a bit of them.

CRAYMAN
01-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it wears thin after a while.
The graphics are dated, especially the cut scenes which really take away from the total experience.

But if you're low on funds and need a game to last a long time it's a pretty good value(2 for 1).
If I wanted it, I'd try to get Vice City used for 20 bucks.;)