PDA

View Full Version : Xbox needs a top notch F1 game.

Blackheartt
01-24-2004, 09:39 PM
I realize most people like the grand turismo type of racing, but it would be really sweet to race the F1 circuit in open wheel cars on the xbox with a steering wheel. Something about speeding down Spa ready to brake for the first "s" turn that gets me going, as well as racing the all the classic F1 circuits.

I'd love to have a F1 sim to go along with the loads of "other" racing games out there. Though preferably NOT made by easports.

broadcastgore
01-27-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree wit you it should be xsn sport game maybe too

steveo_wrx
01-30-2004, 09:33 PM
I agree with you, Blackheart. IMO, NASCAR aside, there are no real good racing simulations for the Xbox.

Sure, PGR2 is great, but where's the car setups, road circuits aside from the Nurburgring, long races with fuel consumption, tire wear and pit stops ? 8 cars is better than the usual 6, but it's a far cry from entering Turn 1 in a roaring pack of 20 cars or so. I love the game, but it doesn't recreate the sensation of running consistant laps in a long race.

Total Immersion Racing was a decent attempt but it had some serious flaws. Pro Race Driver ? Dunno, I played it on the PS2, and unless there were significant improvements to the Xbox version, I see no reason to try it again on the Xbox. Instead of building on what they had established with TOCA2, Codemasters dumbed down the handling and took a wrong turn with the silly Ryan McKane CarPG crap.

Some day that great F1 (or sports car racer) will be made, but we'll be waiting for a while.

TheHaloMafia
02-07-2004, 12:27 PM
theres been several attempts, but all got cancelled. Probably not enough profit to try and make and F1 game for the X Box. It would really kick ass if Codemasters made an F1 game. Their Colin McRae Rally 3 had top notch graphics and such.