PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox is collecting DUST ---> Need Good Games..

Cannibal Corpse
01-06-2002, 12:53 AM
Besides HALO and DOA3, the rest are crap (the PGR is OK). currently I am hooked to FFX and DEVIL MAY CRY.

M$ Better get its ass and release good games...

WhiteWynter
01-06-2002, 01:10 AM
i saw this same exact thread on teamxobx i think.

sinizuh
01-06-2002, 02:19 AM
wait untill feb/mar...

hell, i could have waited till feb/mar to buy xbox. i wouldn't have missed much.

Hugh_Jass
01-06-2002, 10:32 AM
Anyone who can't find a fun game on the XBOX needs to get off the pipe.

xboxpebbles
01-06-2002, 10:58 AM
xbox has lots of great games already out...
look around a lil..
i havent played a xbox game i havent liked..
m$ is doing great in my opinion!!!!

Xboxmaster2001
01-06-2002, 11:10 AM
well get bloodwake and silent hill 2 games like that

The Terminator
01-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Halo and DOA3 are still holding me over, and I have the patience to wait until February for RAW. When that comes out, I'm sure the time will fly, and I'll forget that I'm waiting for games to come out, and the same thing will happen when I get games like GTA3 and Hunter: The Reckoning.

AlBoogy
01-06-2002, 12:34 PM
Look how long it took for the ps2 to get great games like FFX and GTA3 to come out. More then a year! Compared to what the ps2 had at this time last year, we are having a happier gaming life then they did thats for sure. I ,personally, love sports games so im looking forward to nfl2k2 and UFC: Tapout this month. But Feb/March things get really interesting thats for sure. The only system that had good games month after month (in the beginning of the systems life) was the dreamcast.

Miami- 37
Nebraska- 14
Canes win 5th National Title!!!!!

kappaknight
01-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Some games for the [X] is good, but I'd have to agree that the majority don't hold your interest for extended period of time. Even the great games are too easily beaten and their replay value only comes in when you have 15 guys or gals? at your house.

I actually haven't really touched my XBox in 2oo2. Like everyone else, I'm waiting for the next great title that'll keep me occupied for a month or so... Need more games! Waiting is bad!

AlBoogy
01-06-2002, 01:35 PM
"Some games for the [X] is good, but I'd have to agree that the majority don't hold your interest for extended period of time. Even the great games are too easily beaten and their replay value only comes in when you have 15 guys or gals"

If i had 15 gals at my house, theres NO WAY im playing video games!

Anyway, if you play halo on legendary it will definitely keep your interest for extended periods of time. Same goes for PGR. If you try to unlock all cars and maps, it will take you a real long time.

kappaknight
01-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Well, I have already beaten Halo on legendary. (In Co-op) but still, I saw the "ending." I'm currently doing FEVER unlocking the fantasy teams and maybe a lil Munch here and there. But the general feeling is, I'm still waiting for that special game out there...

btw, my friend goes to UM too. He was actually at the Rose Bowl. The results of that game were a lot better than my school's in the Orange Bowl.

AlBoogy
01-06-2002, 01:52 PM
Trust me when I tell you, play halo by yourself on legendary. The feel of the game is much more different. In a way theres alot of stealth you have to do. I knew it was going to be tough when it took me 15 tries just to get past the kitchen area where you first get the gun.

Btw, i was at the Rose Bowl to. I just got in this morning. What a great experience.

Hugh_Jass
01-06-2002, 02:03 PM
You guys should give Azurik some serious consideration. I've probably put over 100 hours into the game and I'm still nowhere near finishing it.

All the other games I've tried have been fun for a while but Azurik keeps me coming back for more. It's addicting for similar reasons as Diablo II was on the PC...lots of incredible variation in environments, increasing powers over time, epic quest. It's definitely not an arcade game.

Arcade games aren't meant to keep your interest over time. They don't have the depth required. If you're bored with arcade games then maybe you've reached a point where you want more out of gaming than twitch and eye candy.

StudioAlex
01-06-2002, 04:02 PM
I might have to rent that Azurik game. It certainly appears to be crap and many people attest to that, but there also many who like it, so hopefully I can find enjoyment in it.

Whisper
01-06-2002, 04:21 PM
If you like running around a world trying to find 100 gems to activate a "power" or do a task to activate a "power" then go melt a wall of fire with it, or thaw ice with it.. Azurik is your game...

(i didnt like it)

DT21
01-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
If you like running around a world trying to find 100 gems to activate a "power" or do a task to activate a "power" then go melt a wall of fire with it, or thaw ice with it.. Azurik is your game...

(i didnt like it)
Thanks, cause I was just about to rent the game.

Markus_Kalarkus
01-06-2002, 04:30 PM
dont worry u guys!!! there are like 7 awesome games all coming out in feb-march and june-july. so spring and summer thewres gonna be lots of awesome games out including-gta3 mk5 unreal etc!:D

XAddict
01-06-2002, 07:09 PM
Where are all the good games. The only good game coming out in march is friggen GTA3. tony hawk3 is the same as the others. WHEN ARE SOME GOOD GAMES GONNA COME OUT

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Dudes...about Azurik...I'm 100% in support with Hugh Jass that Azurik is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. If you liked the Zelda series, you will love Azurik.

Yes, you do pick up stones and stuff...but, this is for a purpose. It's not as if there are stones all over the place...it seems as though that there are quite a few in the beginning...but, not as you proceed during the game.

To accurately judge this game, you need to play for atleast 6-10 hours. Because, this is not one of those types of games that you master in one or two sittings. It takes a little time. It's kind of like Zelda in that respect, except that it contains a lot more fighting.

During the game, you gain more "powers"...your Axion (that is the primary weapon) gains "water power", "Earth power", and "Fire Power"...and you also get other powers like "Air power" in which Azurik can fly....not really fly as much as it gives him the ability to jump higher and farther with one swoop of a set of wings. Each of these powers have three levels (i.e. 1st water power, 2nd water power, and 3rd water power, respectively).

Azurik is a game for the intellectual gamer. A person that enjoys being puzzled and trying to solve a difficult tactic and loves reaping the rewards after accomplishing the difficult task. Azurik is not a renter...not at all... The game has a minimum of 80 hours of gameplay on it...and that's if you knew exactly where you were going the entire time. No hardcore gamer can rent Azurik once and beat it in five days...not even the most hardcore of gamers. Actually, let me say it a little better...if a hardcore gamer has never played Azurik, it would be impossible to beat it without a book or some guide.

Personally, I don't use guids or wouldn't even look at one unless I beat the game first. This makes for great replay value if you are a big fan of certain games.

So far, after about 50 hours of gameplay on Azurik, it is the only game that I am putting 100% attention to. I have games I have only played for an hour or so that are just waiting to be played. This is how good Azurik is. Azurik is the type of game that you will want to play when you are competely alone and by yourself.

This is my guess in regards to people that have played Azurik. If a person is a fan of the Action/Adventure genre, you will either absolutely love it or you will absolutely hate it. And, added to this opinion, I make the prediction that if anyone hates the game, they didn't play atleast 10 hours of it or they are so stupid they can't figure the game out. As for people who love it, they are the type of gamer that enjoys being challenged...a person that likes to take a lot of time to figure out difficult challenges and feels very rewarded after accomplishing the task.

My favorite thing about the game is the huge variety of the levels...and how all the lands connect when you go through the game. It is one of the most immersive games I have played next to Halo. I've played Azurik for over a month now and I still can't get myself to play another game if I am by myself. The levels are mammoth in size and utterly brilliant in detail. Admittingly, I do have a few qualms about it...like how Azurik looks a little stiff when he swims, etc...But, everything else out weighs the little qualms hands down.

I give Azurik a 9.5 on a 10 in regards to Action/Adventure games and I give Zelda 64: Ocarina of time a 7.5 on that same scale. Azurik is a solid title. Give it a chance and you will be immersed :)

JAC
01-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
M$ Better get its ass and release good games...

There's nothing worth buying coming out at all. Xbox's games are a complete joke. I tell ya what though... I'll bail ya out by buying your Xbox off of you for say $50. Just email me and we can hook it up. That's the way I get down see... I'm cool like that. :cool: