PDA

View Full Version : a game as a gift..what to choose ? help

odpr
01-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Welp
my sis want to buy me a xbox game as a gift..

now what to choose?

I already have pgr two (amazing game..)
splinter cell..

I am thinking of buying the gta..
any other ideas of good games?

Sexaya
01-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Rainbow Six 3 is an amazing game... If your looking for something short and sweet get Prince of Persia. Or of course, if you don't already have it Halo and KOTOR.

And hey - you're from Israel?! I'm from Jerusalem :D

ferrari
01-25-2004, 08:29 AM
R:racing evolution...That game is awesome...Supercars...Rent it if you dont beliave me

Ford Mustang
01-25-2004, 09:01 AM
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition. My favorite game ever, man. :cheers:

DocHoliday78
01-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Price of persia but its a litte short. RB6 3 if you got live. Morrowind GOTY edition will last you a loooonnnggg time.

odpr
01-26-2004, 07:33 AM
you give me tips on buying so old games!
what is going on ?

how about sould caliber?
how aboutI ninja ?
new games, not old....
don't recommand me on halo..( already finish it..:) )

Shadow20002
01-26-2004, 08:19 AM
How about Baldur's Gate 2 ? :p

kenji
01-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Try renting games. I find that this is the best way to find out, even though it can be pretty pricy.

I think that Deus Ex is pretty good. You should give us some types of games that you like. It's kinda hard to just name some games.

If you thinking of GTA, I think that people love it or hate it. I think that it is pretty fun, most of the time. It looks like you made your own thread about it, and I posted there, so good luck with that.

:cheers:

m4oH
01-26-2004, 07:04 PM
I just went out and bought six games yesterday.(PGR2, Crimson Skies,Nfl Street,Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind,Metal Arms,Fuzion Frenzy)I would reccomend Crimson Skies or Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Zion
01-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Crimson Skies. Nuff said.

themoosearmy
01-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Try renting games. I find that this is the best way to find out, even though it can be pretty pricy

I have an account with Hollywood Video, $20 a month, I can rent 2 games at once with no return date, so anything I can beat I don't buy, but other titles with some replayability, I'll buy. If you're looking for some solid games (and have Live), I'd say RB6:3 and Crimson Skies, XIII was also a good game if you're into short/sweet shooters.

colosso
01-27-2004, 12:14 AM
if you wanna spend the next 3 months busy and you like rpg i recomend MORROWIND 3 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION OR KOTOR,if you are a hardcore shooter who loves a very challenging game get METAL ARMS or if you prefer tactical shooters and if you have acces to xbox live RAINBOW SIX 3 ,but GTA DOUBLE PACK is also a good buy ,keep on mind that none of these games are short like PRINCE OF PERSIA that's why ubisoft is given away SPLINTER CELL(i didn't like this game too easy for me) good luck:cheers:

odpr
01-27-2004, 05:30 AM
I will try to narrow it..

I don't like very much the first person shooters..( only halo.. this was something diffrent,, ) i had enough with them on the pc..

I do like good platfrom ( but they don't last much..)

how is star wars kotor? what kind of a game is it?

In general I like games that I won't finish after a week,..
And a game that If I come and return to play it after I haven;t touch it for a while I don't need to remmber all the things I have done before.. ( like eldar scrolls I think.. which isn;t good because if u leave it for a week u don't remmber what u were doing..))

how is counter strike?

I can see that a game like GTA there is only GTA :)

thanks again,,

bt way

Did I mantioned that pgr two is amazing?

BinaryXtreme
01-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Need For Speed Underground, Rainbow 6 3, Project Gotham Racing 2, Ghost Recon maybe? All great games.

bobby9989
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by odpr
how is star wars kotor? what kind of a game is it?

how is counter strike?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a great game. It's a challenging Role Playing Game.

Counter Strike for single player really isn't that fun. Just kill bots. But if you have Xbox Live it's alright.

ferrari
01-27-2004, 05:38 PM
RPG-Deus ex. Invisible war
Racing-R:racing evolution
FPS-Counter-Strike
Kids-Crash Band. tWoC (that game really stinks,Only one i found)
Assasin-Max payne 2 The fall of Max payne
Graphics-Prince of Persia: The sands of time
Action-Grand theft Auto Vice city/III/Double pack

Other,RS3,Midnight club II, I NINJA, Splityourself haha Just j o k i n g y o u f o o l s b y t h e w a y i a m i n t e r e s t e d i n y o u r P G R 2

nG-Punisher
01-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

I have an account with Hollywood Video, $20 a month, I can rent 2 games at once with no return date, so anything I can beat I don't buy, but other titles with some replayability, I'll buy. If you're looking for some solid games (and have Live), I'd say RB6:3 and Crimson Skies, XIII was also a good game if you're into short/sweet shooters.

Why with Hollywood Video why don't you subscribe to Gamefly.com...way more choices and you get to keep it as long as you want...20 bucks a month and you can get like a 2 free months..

CRAYMAN
01-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Aren't you guys paying attention? He doesn't want an FPS.
Nor will you likely enjoy KOTOR if you didn't like Morrowind.

So in the current crop of Newer games you should consider Max Payne 2, Freedom Fighters, Metal Arms, Fallout, Baldurs Gate 2.

Xbox is a little weak on the Platformer genre. There is I-Ninja that's recently come out. Vexx is probably the best one available currently.

Good Luck!

Let us know what you finally selected.

Trento52
01-27-2004, 10:09 PM
soul calibur is one of your choices and it is a really good game just haven't played it alot because of alot of other games are still being played but I find it pretty hard. Actually forget all those everybody told you and get Drake, Bruce Lee, and Auqaman. Also consider Batman i hear those are all really fun and full of innovation and superb graphics:cool:

Actually avoid those games at all cost!!!

CRAYMAN
01-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh yeah, check out Armed and Dangerous!:cool:

Servo
01-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Don't forget to get Halo for your new Xbox:D