PDA

View Full Version : Fable for free (so to speak) at EB!

RudedogX
01-26-2004, 08:54 AM
There is coupon currently in the newest OXM (with the Suffering on the demo disc), where it states that if you trade in 4 non-sports games to EB, they will let you pre-order Fable for 49.99 off. In other words...free. Fable is free if you trade in 4 games. Though it does say there are games that are not included in the deal (specifically sports titles), it doesn't state what those titles are.

AlphaCigara
01-26-2004, 09:06 AM
yea, that's a good deal. you can just buy crap games and trade them in for a newer one ;) . i even looked it up, and here are the cheapest games at ebgames.

$5.99 (4.49 after coupon, this game and 3 $7.99 titles would cost $22.47)
RTX Red Rock

$7.99 titles (5.99 after coupon, 4 would cost 23.97)
Jet Set Radio Future
Smashing Drive
Genma Onimusha
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Portal Runner
Project Eden
Stretch Panic
Pryzm Chapter One: The Dark Unicorn
Savage Skies
Smuggler's Run
Egg Mania Eggstreme Madness
Shifters

by coupon, they mean the code AFF25, which gives u 25% off preowned games. so, that's like 25 bucks for a fifty dollar game :yikes:

thrAsher
01-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Man! What a deal. Wonder if I could trade in 4 Dreamcast sports games. :huh:

Bah, I'd pay $75 for this game, honestly. The hype bug has gotten into my brain for this one. It's just the kind of game I bought my Xbox for. Well, that one and BC, Sudeki, Halo 2, TFLO, and the like.

Brevity
01-26-2004, 10:04 AM
MM3 thats some good thinking. :p

Yankeez
01-26-2004, 10:16 AM
is this only good with fable or can u pre order a different game

AlphaCigara
01-26-2004, 10:24 AM
i don't think it's good with all preorders, just a select few. some that i've heard about are MTX Mototrax, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Tenchu: Return from Darkness, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Driver 3, Silent Scope Complete, DOA Online and Ninja Gaiden.

it's also good for games out now, including Sonic Heroes, NFL Street, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, Prince of Persia and Final Fantasy X-2.

about trading in games, some ebgames will accept some (maybe all) of the games i've listed above, but some may not. i think you may need a coupon for some of em, not sure, haven't tried the deal out yet :confused:

Yankeez
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
final fantasy isnt on xbox is it?

AlphaCigara
01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
err no, i just thought some people might like to know the other games available, like the MGS one, harvest moon, and final fantasy.... xbox isnt the only system out there ya know ;)

RudedogX
01-26-2004, 10:34 AM
The coupon in OXM is only for Fable, so I'm not sure about the other thing though that MM3 is talking about.

Shadow20002
01-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Hmm...so that is the trick: if the game ain't gonna come, EBgames got you 4 games free until Fable is out.

thrAsher
01-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Hmm...so that is the trick: if the game ain't gonna come, EBgames got you 4 games free until Fable is out.
Ah! Ye of little faith... :)

I swear, you and Brevity (amongst others) have just about given up on this game EVER coming out. Glad I've only known about it a year, as I have yet to get as jaded as you all.

OC Noob
01-26-2004, 05:35 PM
This isn't the best way to pre-order.

Its the only way, I've done this with HL2, Halo 2 and soon Fable. They have always take ANYTHING as a trade in (for this gen of consoles minus DC games). The tally is usually around $10 in credit that gets bumped up to $50.

I love EB!

Anyone know when it expires, I need to go buy OXM?

Yankeez
01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

i was also wondering this do you need to have the coupon from oxm to get in on this deal

DocHoliday78
01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob
This isn't the best way to pre-order.

Its the only way, I've done this with HL2, Halo 2 and soon Fable. They have always take ANYTHING as a trade in (for this gen of consoles minus DC games). The tally is usually around $10 in credit that gets bumped up to $50.

I love EB!

So you have done this with crappy games and its worked? Man i need to buy like 4 copies of kabuki warrior.

OC Noob
01-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

So you have done this with crappy games and its worked? Man i need to buy like 4 copies of kabuki warrior.

lol, I traded a copy of Kabuki Warriors in on Halo 2:D

They never question any game at the two shops closest to me and the coupons have said "Any non-sports games" so I would raise hell if they did.

I'll have to stop by EB to see if the coupon is also in their add or pick up OXM. Does it say some titles excluded, other then sports titles?

shapoopy
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
oh man AWESOME:cheers:

LynxFX
01-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Geeze, I just traded in 4 fairly good games, all non sport titles (like RTCW) and all I got was $13!! total. Hell I got $6 for a non-live version of Tetris Worlds and only got $5 for RTCW which they were still selling for $49.

Shadow20002
01-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

Ah! Ye of little faith... :)

I swear, you and Brevity (amongst others) have just about given up on this game EVER coming out. Glad I've only known about it a year, as I have yet to get as jaded as you all.

Well, not really but....it's near that. By the way, why you compare me with Brevity ? We are two persons different from each other, nothing the same. :mad:

MikeMan91389
01-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA

Well, not really but....it's near that. By the way, why you compare me with Brevity ? We are two persons different from each other, nothing the same. :mad:

who sed beein like brev is bad!?!?!

RudedogX
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

i was also wondering this do you need to have the coupon from oxm to get in on this deal It was the february magazine, so I would assume March probably. I don't know for sure though. I'll check tonight.

Sigma
01-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Its only a good deal if you buy cheep games and trade them in, but other then that its not a deal IMO. I will probably just buy the game at Gamestop because the EB here sucks ass.

Yankeez
01-27-2004, 10:38 AM
or like mm3 said, go to ebgames.com go to the preownded section get the 4 games that are price at $5.99 or whatever and use the coupon AFF25 to get 25% off and u get free shipping

RudedogX
01-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I actually think I may have enough older games that I wouldn't need that AFF25 deal anyway.:eek:

MikeMan91389
02-01-2004, 03:28 PM
The offer expires 2/28/04, and u need the coupon to do it... it says right on it.... just wanted yall to no