PDA

View Full Version : much needed info!

duane
01-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Hello everyone i am interested in x box live for my son could you answer a few questions for me? is the only way to purchase it a credit card? i seen the 12 month card thing credit card for that only too? no card here:( can you play your own games that you already have prior to getting x box live or do you need special games?
is it a straight up 50 a yr or do you get charged xtra fees for how long your on etc?? what do you have to purchase extra to play live? does it take up alot of memory on comp? anybody with info on this? thankyou . Duane

Yankeez
01-26-2004, 10:23 AM
1) THe only way to purchase it is using your credit card

2)You can only play the games that are xbox live compatible(look at the front of the game case on the top their will be an orange line that says xbox live

3)the 1st year is free, and then after that its $50, no extra charges, unless sometimes games let u download extra levels, but they will tell you the price of the download, but most downloads are free.

4) It wont take up memory, but if you want to be able to connectet to the internet and play on xbox live at the same time you will need a router to share teh connection

Duke
01-26-2004, 10:53 AM
#2. Don't only look at the front. Make sure to read the back where the boxes are. If online play isn't checked, then the game may only have DLC (downloadable content), or Live Aware, or online scoring. Not acutal gameplay.

#3. As of right now there is one game (Phantasy Star Online) that charges a monthly fee. There may be others in the future, but most games will most likely not have this charge. (think massive rpg's for pay for play)

-edit- and by may, i mean will

Snake Eyez
01-26-2004, 10:59 AM
XBL doesn't involved using your computer, so no worries there. But you do need to have broadband in order to play online.

MikeMan91389
01-26-2004, 11:28 PM
hey guys, good work on giving him the info, deffinitly showin sum XBA class.... on a side note.. if u do get it for him.. he will love u... when my dad sed ok, and even bought the 100 ft of ethernet cable for me (50+ bux at radio shack etc. (i wuz dumb and didnt no about bulk buying etc.) i was the happiest kid in my city! its so awesome, and u can buy $20 games that work on live, though most of the $50 ones are the rage..... XBL is soo fun... he'll love it

MerimacHamwich
01-26-2004, 11:35 PM
www.xbox.com/live

Can't get any more answers than are on that website.