PDA

View Full Version : hitz

Integra Man
01-06-2002, 02:23 AM
does anyone own hitz. cause i really wanna chat with someone who owns it.

i just bought all stadiums and 3 jerseys.

i got 5000 credits for winning the Franchise Cup

i have all perfect 20 players

Havey
01-14-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm not too far into Franchise mode. Any challenge now with perfect players. Can you use them on different teams?

I am going on Championship mode because it is shorter and I want to unlock the stadiums, but it is definitely not as much fun with an NHL team.

rhino
01-17-2002, 10:02 PM
My son owns this game and he beats me every time. You sound like your pretty good at this game. Can you give me any tricks to keep him from beating me every time?

Havey
01-18-2002, 11:55 AM
I am trying to post.

Havey
01-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Sorry about that, but I tried twice and this is kind of long.

Ok, go the the Drills and complete all of the. You will learn the important buttons to use in faceoff situations, and there are two shooting drills which help you with the speed of your shot and how to place the puck (targets).

As for strategy, there are no penalties so hit the opposing players constantly. Hit the players without the puck if your opponent likes to pass, especially if he one-times. Hit that player who is about to one time the puck, before he receives the pass.

MOST IMPORTANT, use the TURBO button constantly! Use this on offense and defense. On defense, the TURBO will speed your player up so you can catch the opponent and hit him.
On offense, use your TURBO when you have the puck, to avoid the opponents.

(You will not wear out your Turbo. The periods only last 3 minutes.)

Good luck!

rhino
01-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have some of the skills downpretty well. But I think you are right in guessing that I don't check enough, when we look at the totals at the end of the game he usually doubles or triples my checks. Do you know any way to make the goalies more effective? He does this wraparaound the net and even the good goalies (roy, hasek..) get beat all the time. Have you found any combination of players to be more effective than others?

Havey
01-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Set the game mode on the hardest level when you play. This levels out the playing field because your goalies will be better and your computer players will be able to hit him when he does the wraparound.
Remember, you will now be the worst player on your team so it will not be as urgent to change your man to the closest player to the puck all the time, on defense. Let your better computer operated teammates do more of the 'dirty work'.