PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Jack : The Shadow of Aku

thrAsher
01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
January 23, 2004 - Working with the creative team that orchestrated the hit TV Cartoon Network show Samurai Jack, Sega of America has plans to bring Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku, the videogame, to the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube as early as this March, IGN learned from Electronics Boutique's website today.

While Sega of America would not comment on the game prior to next Monday's event, EB Games' site has full details, with a curiously early release date of March 16, and an MSRP of $39.99.

For those familiar with the show, the enemy roster highlights Aku, Mad Jack and the Scotsman among 25 other creatures. The primarily action-based game arms Jack with 25 signature moves, the ability to hurl shurikens, fire arrows from bows, and utilize four elemental swords. Players can even hand enemies their pink slip on life in a tongue-in-cheek bullet-time mode called "Sakai Mode."

Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/475/475002p1.htm)

:cool: Love that cartoon....

StudioAlex
01-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Love the source material, love Sega, but licensed games usually blow. Something tells me, however, that maybe there is hope for this one.

jelgiad
01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
I love samuari jack as well, hope this game turns out good.

MatrixMaul
01-27-2004, 12:56 AM
I love that show. I can watch it for hours on end and never get tired. I'll hope for the best, but if the game sucks; I 'll pretend it never happened......much like this supposed 'new trilogy' of Star Wars...i've almost forgotten about it........until now

MerimacHamwich
01-27-2004, 01:34 AM
Sega sucks, and liscenced games usually suck. Conclusion. This game will suck.

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 09:07 AM
I like to wait and see for myself, versus jumping to conclusions. I agree that games based on TV shows (Starsky and Hutch) and films (Enter the Matrix) are for the most part garbage, and are more product then game, but I'm curious about this one.

I mean, Simpson's Hit & Run was actually a LOT of fun. And funny at the same time. It really kept to the spirit of the television show, and if this game can manage that, it will be well worth it to fans of both the cartoon and console gaming.

HI-YAH! :)

StudioAlex
01-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Sega sucks, and liscenced games usually suck. Conclusion. This game will suck.

And hater of the year goes too...

:P