PDA

View Full Version : Free Xbox Games from BlockBuster

Pimpn419
01-06-2002, 02:50 AM
BlockBuster Backs the Box!!

If you bring your recept for you xbox to BlockBuster from Dec. 1st till Jan. 31st you'll get a free 5 day rental...

-Matt

JohnB
01-06-2002, 09:30 AM
Someone posted this a while back with a link... do you have the link so maybe I can print it out and take it to Blockbuster? Cause I have rented games from there already, and they never even told me about that promotion.

Hugh_Jass
01-06-2002, 10:16 AM
I think it's only good if you bought your XBOX on or after 12/1.

Early adopters are S.O.L.

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Oh Well, if i find my reciept, then good, if not then :(

VGAcesal21
01-06-2002, 11:16 AM
I recently went to register and get my free game rental, but all the Xbox games were out.
I take that back all were out except Batman Vengance. I went down to the next blockbuster in my neighborhood and guess what? They were all out too. I guess the Xbox must be popular or something? LOL! I waited a few days and called my local Blockbuster before I went down and I was finally able to get my game. Phew.

skoot182
01-06-2002, 11:58 AM
ill have to check this out...

Ground_Pounder
01-06-2002, 01:00 PM
My local blockbuster has the same problem, the only games ever in are Shrek and Batman... for some reason they have like 8 copies of Shrek, and 1 or 2 of all the good games! It's really dumb, I really really wanna rent NHL Hitz, but their only copy is always gone!

I think they underestimated how well the box would sell, they have the same amount of Kiddiecube games, and those are ALWAYS in... LOL

VGAcesal21
01-06-2002, 02:12 PM
LOL. I noticed the same thing at my blockbuster at least half of the ***cube games were still in stock. I guess mom's can't rationalize spending $ 5.99 on a game for their 6 year olds. And your right someone did underestimate the Xbox section. If they had 3 or 4 copies of every game they could be raking in some cash right now. I hope the idiot gets fired who botched this one. I've already emailed Blockbuster telling them they screwed up. Dumbasses.

Pimpn419
01-07-2002, 03:29 AM
Yeah, the Blockbuster's around where I live didn't even know about It.. they looked at some sheet (don't ask me) and were like, "oh, yeah.. ok.. we do that", and I got my xbox at launch 11/15.. so I don't know what you're talking about when you said you think this applies only to people who bought there xbox afer 12/1?!?!? All the Blockbuster's around where I live have plenty of xbox games In.. not all the time.. most of the time the best one's are checked out, but they've got a huge selection!

-Matt

Hugh_Jass
01-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Cool. Maybe I'll give it a try then.