PDA

View Full Version : Traumatized by the Box

Sexaya
01-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Seriously, I'm thinking about selling all of my Xbox things and my Xbox and just switch to either a PS2 or a GC. After painstaking efforts to get it, and driving about 3 hours total for it, I recieved it with only 2 games... And they sucked. And my next games took a loooong time to arrive, for a while I played and all was well... Then came the day where I decided I wanted XBL.

So, I wrote to my relatives - and each message took about a week to get a reply and after a MONTH of waiting they finally said they'll get me the kit and some games (of course I'd pay them back). OK, now... After 2 weeks they said they sent it. And now? It should've arrived a week ago and all fingers point to the US Lost Office, it was either lost or stolen. So what now? I'm waiting until Tuesday, if it doesn't arrive by then I'm suing the US Post Office for both personal distress and theft. If the case goes well, I'll get enough money to buy a PS2 with an Online adapter... And with the games I sell with my Xbox, I'll buy some games for the PS2 and a GC with 2 games.

Then again, if it arrives by Tuesday, I'll be as happy as can be and go play on XBL :D

Trento52
01-26-2004, 01:03 PM
i am guessingyou live in a smaller town because if i had to do all that i would probably not have an xbox either. How do you sue the post anyhow. Plus what games did you get. The holiday bundle sucks nuts unless you got the quest bundle with mechassault and KOTOR.

Tim
01-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't get your point. :huh:

You do like the Xbox or you don't? You want to sue the US Post Office??

RudedogX
01-26-2004, 01:05 PM
He lives in Israel...not too easy to get games there I suppose.:confused:

l Maximus l
01-26-2004, 01:12 PM
If you ask me, the PS2 and the GC suck. Remember, patience is a virtue :cool:

Ford Mustang
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
No, he doesn't live in a small town. He lives in Jerusalem. Is an electronics shop really that rare there, with how technologically advanced/acclimated Israel is? They have one of the highest job ratios for the technology sector in the world. Seems odd to me. Also, are these games being sent from the US or something? Otherwise, why would you sue them?

themoosearmy
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
If it's that much easier to get PS2/GC stuff than yeah, switch. But maybe the fact you live that far away has something to do with it.

BTW, from the US to Israel, there is a point where the US stops handeling your mail.

JJaX
01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

BTW, from the US to Israel, there is a point where the US stops handeling your mail.

HAHahah so true!

Well did you get insurance on your package? I dont think you can the US postal service because they lost a package. Dont you read the fine print?

Sexaya
01-26-2004, 02:52 PM
I'll reply quickly to everyone and then I'll go to sleep.

Trento52: I live in Jerusalem, Israel.

Tim: I love the Box, but its too much trouble. And yes.

rudedogX: Microsoft doesn't publish the Xbox here since it loses money on every system it makes and there aren't that many people that would buy it here (thats what they think, but there were several big protests in Microsoft IL).

Maximus: I've been patient for the past month... Now since its probably lost I'm going insane o_O.

Ford_Mustang: Like I said, Microsoft doesn't publish the Xbox here, there are only PS2 games around (they're f*cking everywhere...)

themoosearmy: Until it officialy reaches Israel, its under the US Post office's responsibilty, and even then its mainly their's since it was sent from there.

JJaX: Like I said, I'll try the case... Nothing to lose :o

^APEX^5StarDiva
01-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Sexaya, just be patient it will get there. Sometimes the mail is slowwer then we like. just be patient.:)

Whoopage
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
I agree with Jax...

if insurance had been thrown on the package there would be no problem...because if they had lost it then you or your relatives get repaid...and then you could try UPS or FedEx or something like that.

MikeMan91389
01-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Whoopage
I agree with Jax...

if insurance had been thrown on the package there would be no problem...because if they had lost it then you or your relatives get repaid...and then you could try UPS or FedEx or something like that.

exactamento! always get insurance :) its only like 2 bux more....

MerimacHamwich
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Seems odd to me you are frustrated with your Xbox when it's your relatives slow response time that is causing the problems.
*shrugs*

OC Noob
01-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Sexaya

JJaX: Like I said, I'll try the case... Nothing to lose :o

Sounds more like frustration then anything else. No one is going to waste their time since the USPS has legally covered their bums concerning lost packages since well before I was born and its really not theft unless you can prove someone stole it.

Anyway, maybe your relatives insured it. If not then sell the Xbox for way more then its worth (since its hard to get) and get a POS2. They really aren't that bad and since you can get games for it, that makes it better then Xbox by default, IMO.

m4oH
01-26-2004, 07:11 PM
I got ps2 w/ 28 games, xbox w/ 11 games, and other old systems that im getting rid of soon. I would buy a GC but i think they suck. So I guess I'm trying to say keep the "box" but if you are gonna switch get the ps2.
Peace:p

CRAYMAN
01-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Hmmm...instead of writing your relatives, why not email or phone if the time is a problem.
Also, why not buy games from other members of Xbox Addict and other sites.

You people are so Jewish.

Sexaya
01-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
Hmmm...instead of writing your relatives, why not email or phone if the time is a problem.
Also, why not buy games from other members of Xbox Addict and other sites.

You people are so Jewish.

I wrote via email.

and 'You people are so Jewish?' WTF is that supposed to mean?

By the way, it's arrived it was caught up in customs and stuff... So I'll be picking it up tomorrow... Then basically you can forget about this thread. But CRAYMAN, I'd still like to know what the f*ck that last sentence of yours was supposed to mean.

odpr
01-27-2004, 03:07 PM
You people are so Jewish. [/B][/QUOTE]

what this has to do with this ???
why did u say this?

Second

Israel is very high tech country.
we have here the play station two, but this is the only console that published here.

all the other consoles are not.

now I am from Israel.
and to the guy that wrote this email I really don't understand what his prob..

there is xbox shops here that u can buy stuff.,.

I order xbox stuff all the time from other countries .
it reach Israel veryquick.
I really don't understand what is the prob with the package. things like that happen all the time...
if they send it by sea, then it will take even more then u can imagine until it will reach here.

I would not switch to play station two even if u pay me money, this system sucks. and every one with hands eyes, and brain could see the big difference between the two systems..
play station is old out dated and lame sys,
maybe when the play station three will come and Microsoft wont have a good answer to to them , maybe then I will buy it.

but knowing that behind the xbox system sit Microsoft, and it's American company and not a jap company I am more pleased.

CRAYMAN
01-27-2004, 03:36 PM

I wrote via email.

and 'You people are so Jewish?' WTF is that supposed to mean?

By the way, it's arrived it was caught up in customs and stuff... So I'll be picking it up tomorrow... Then basically you can forget about this thread. But CRAYMAN, I'd still like to know what the f*ck that last sentence of yours was supposed to mean.

It was a JOKE...or at least it was intended as such.
It would be like you telling me "you people are so American".
Peace, you Jewish Xboxers. :cheers:

X-Fan
01-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

It was a JOKE...or at least it was intended as such.
It would be like you telling me "you people are so American".
Peace, you Jewish Xboxers. :cheers:
haha.i got the joke i dont why did sexaya take offense to that?anyhow u cant blame the usps for this since it was held up in customs(i am guessing it was on ur side of the globe).but anyways congrats on getting xbl mate.also why dont u sign up for paypal and order things online becoz i am thinking what if ur relatives told u that they did something and in reality they did'nt.just my 2 pennies.(i want em back)

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 09:00 AM

rudedogX: Microsoft doesn't publish the Xbox here since it loses money on every system it makes and there aren't that many people that would buy it here (thats what they think, but there were several big protests in Microsoft IL).
Sorry, just thought this was funny...I replied with the smallest response, and got the longest reply from him!:rofl:

Either way, sorry to hear that Sexaya. I hope MS straighten's up their act for you over there, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they were concerned about the success over there due to the atmosphere that is constantly being reported over there between the Palistineans and Isreal.

Sexaya
01-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Actually that has nothing to do with it... It's just that everybody here are WAREZers... And the amount of modded PS2's is incredible so I can really understand MS for not wanting to publish it here even though it would probably sell well; MS loses money over every Xbox they sell, and they make money off of games so publishing it here would defeat itself. :cuss:

RichVGS
01-29-2004, 12:51 PM
I think you'll have about the same amount of trouble with either GC or PS2. I'd say just stick with it.