PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Ninja Scroll
01-06-2002, 10:04 AM
Im a hardcore RPG fan and am very curious to know more about this title. I read my new EGM and they said very little on this game. Anyone know any "solid" news on this RPG?
One question though, I saw... and maybe I was mistaken but they said you create your own character from the beginning of the game all the way until you beat it! Is this true?
Ninja needs to know! :)

Tazilla
01-06-2002, 03:01 PM
I want to get both,...

really I do,...

and some more brew,... I hope you can drink Beer in Ego,.. that would be cool to me,...

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by The F'n Show
I saw some pics and it looks weak..Project Ego will **** on this game..Did u see the screens from PE it looks amazing..it's also from the maers of Black&white..Can't wait

YO, my "The F'N Ninja's Show" partner, tell me you did not just say that,.... tell me you did not just say that!:D

Your telling me this game looks weak? I have only heard nothign but hype & good things about this RPG! But nothing in details though:(
I guess time will tell?

TRUE_GAMER
01-09-2002, 11:17 PM
The role-playing genre was changed vigorously in 1993, when Bethesda Softworks released The Elder Scrolls I: Arena, what they didn’t know is that the game would become the roots of one of the best RPG series ever created. The game featured a huge interactive world, filled with dozens of communities and locations for the players to explore. Three years later, 1996, the company released Daggerfall, the sequel to the award winning title. For the past 5 years, gamers around the world have been waiting impatiently for a third RPG that would bring the series back to life. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind combines the best from both Arena and Daggerfall with a complete list of new gameplay elements.

What makes Morrowind such an impressive title is its deep storyline. The game takes place on a volcanic island named Vvardenfell, in Tamriel, a far away planet. The opening scene places you in a prison, where you will have a decision that will influence the rest of your playing time; either help your fellow jailers complete a series of quests in order to earn your freedom or plan a well strategized escape yourself. Before heading out to the real world, you will be asked a small series of questions which will in fact help design your player and his class in the game. There is no need to worry about boundaries and the computer telling you that you are not able to do this and that, Morrowind allows the player to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Gradually destroying the island is something called The Blight, which is supposedly the main quest of the game. But there is no need to worry about running out of things to do, because attached to the main quest of the game is a hundred hours of sub-quests, sure to keep everyone entertained. To make it more realistic, an extra feature has been added, enabling players to tell the difference between day and night. The game has no right or wrong ending, so feel free to play the way you’d like.

Morrowind’s world is filled with around 30 different towns and villages, each with their own unique aspects, and adventures. These towns and villages are huge, the downside being that most, if not all, of your traveling will be made by foot, so make sure to buy some Nike’s before you pop Morrowind into your Xbox. To make players feel like they are really in the game, the developers have added thousands of Non-Player Characters (NPC’s) for you to interact with. These people will be very important, as they will be the one’s to situate you in your quest(s). Books will be scattered around the island, it is not absolutely necessary to read all 200-some books, but it would be a good idea to build up a general knowledge of what exactly you are pursuing.

There is no need to worry about getting bored of the same looking characters in Morrowind because the game will feature several choose able races such as; warriors, thieves, sorcerers and elves, just to name a few. You will need to pick the race to better suit you, keeping in mind that the race you choose will affect the way you interact with the people in your environment. You may walk down the street and get mean grins for the way you are dressed, or maybe people will come up to you and try to be your friend because you look like a person of power… this is all part of the unique gameplay experience. These cool features set a new standard for replay ability, yet again.

Your character can be controlled in 2 different perspectives, first or third person, depending on which you prefer. When choosing a character, you must pick five minor and five major skills, helping give more of a personality to your character. Picking your skills will not be an easy task; you will have nine combat, stealth and magic skills to choose from, this is another thing that increases the game’s replay ability value. As default, every player is equipped with all 27 skills, but like System Shock II, you need to build them up from a very low level. Without highly realistic Non-Player Characters, games wouldn’t be as fun as they are these days. Developers are taking more and more time into developing realistic, people-like characters, making game experiences a hell of a lot better. NPC’s are a huge part of Morrowind. The developers are looking to create something so advanced we can call it a next-generation feature. We can expect hundreds of characters, and thousands of possible conversation lines, that avoids seeing the same old lady walking down the street on both sides of the road. You will almost feel like you are actually inside the game. Interaction is a key element in this game, try to be kind to everyone because you never know what type of information they may hold. Your quest cannot be completed without the help of highly intelligent NPC’s.

Now, it’s time to take a look at the combat aspect of the game. Each of the enemies you encounter will have their strong points and their weaknesses, the point of course being to find the weakest point of your opponent. The combat will feature some kind of combat meter, to help you power up on your hits. So far, Morrowind’s combat sounds like it will be turned based, this meaning if you move one way you will perform a slashing action, where as if you turn to the opposite side, you will perform a stab. Performable actions include; chop, stab and slash. The game has many different moves, each needing lots of time and practice to master. This type of combat is much better then the one button, same action type we see a whole lot of these days. Having different moves, and different actions to perform, we can expect each combat to be an action-packed, unique experience. After beating up your opponent, he/she will drop his/her inventory, so going after the more powerful, better equipped enemies may be a plus in this case. This is a great option for this type of genre.

Replay ability. Those are words I have used many, many times in this preview, thus because of the amazing freewill aspect of this title. No boundaries equals 100% fun is the way to look at it. The initial storyline of the game is expected to take around 40 hours to complete, this is excluding all the sub-quests within the non-linear world. Exploring the whole world is a task that will take time, and effort. If you think you can do it, go for it.

Both the Xbox and the PC platforms will receive this title. Not much is known about the differences between the two, but we do know the PC version has a unique game editor, allowing PC players to customize and share Morrowind’s immerse experience with others, which the Xbox doesn’t.

You want the release date don’t you? Well, the best we can do right now is Spring 2002. This does keep the online aspect open to the developers, considering Microsoft’s Broadband Network will launch some time around there. Look for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind to bring the RPG genre to whole new heights, raising the bar for future role-playing titles!

TRUE_GAMER
01-09-2002, 11:18 PM
I got that last post from the TeamXbox web site.

TRUE_GAMER
01-09-2002, 11:22 PM
I can't wait till this title hits the console. I will be camping outside the store till then.....Gotto go now bye.

deez nuts
01-17-2002, 03:33 PM
:) this game will be awesome...go to the morrowind site....amazing...i wanna be a theif so bad,...lil magic and hit a guy with some mace in the face...lil beer...lil pickpocketing ---which you can do...and if the person realizes they have been pickpocketed they tell the guards and they come after you ...how fat...i wanna kill a goblin and take his loot

wizkid918
01-18-2002, 02:59 PM
in regards to that, i read an interview with the peter molenyeax or however you spell his name, the creator of black and white, he said you will be able to get drunk, detail is magnificant from dropping an acorn and a tree could develop, have kids, do whatever whenever world like morrowind, but the graphics look a bit more impressive

X-ShaDoW
01-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Morrowind and Project Ego ( or whatever the name will be ) are two different games , and they aren't meant to be compared.

Sure Project Ego may look better and have more moldability , but Morrowind deserves credit too , its gonna have a good storyline ( which you dont have too do if you dont want ) and will also let you "mold" your character.

the aim of the game is fun! not which is better. so if they are both fun games , then neither is better then the other.

nuff' said.

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 05:45 PM
of course they arent meant to be compared, but they will be. And there is no doubt in my mind that both will be awesome, i will be in line Feb 15th and this fall

monkeyman
01-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla-XBA
I hope you can drink Beer in Ego
yep:D you can get drunk and stuff

wizkid918
01-22-2002, 07:40 PM
and when a guard gets drunk, he could be *** and hit on you, then you can get into a bar fight, then take his shirt if its cool, ehich it proabably wouldnt be becaus he was ***... but anyways

monkeyman
01-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by wizkid918
and when a guard gets drunk, he could be *** and hit on you, then you can get into a bar fight, then take his shirt if its cool, ehich it proabably wouldnt be becaus he was ***... but anyways

hehehehe on ego? can someone give me a site or something about profect ego?

Ninja Scroll
01-28-2002, 10:10 AM
I have a question. Is it true you can create your very own lead character in this game? :confused: