PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon or Otogi?

Slap A Pope
01-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Looking for little help here. I've been interested in both of these games for awhile, and I need to know which one I should pick up first. If you've played these games I'd appreciate a steer in the right direction. Most important to me in a game, besides gameplay, is the length. I like a good long game. So basically which one for these games will give me the most bang for my buck? Thanks for the help.

shapoopy
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
OTOGI! i didn't like the demo of pdo but Otogi was awesome:cheers:

thrAsher
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Both games are not long, by any stretch of the imagination. It all boils down to replayability, I suppose.

PDO grades you for every mission, and has varying difficulties, and a smattering of extras, including the original Panzer Dragoon, I believe (the one that was on the Saturn, I think).

Otogi has a variety of weapons, some found, some unlocked, and also has things like # of spirits freed and % of structures destroyed, as well as other elements that will bring hardcore players back for more.

I think the two are pretty evenly matched in the length department, and are both games I highly recommend to anyone even semi-interested.

I suppose the real deciding factor is: do you want to play a gorgeous, challenging hack 'n slash action game, or a gorgeous, railshooter?

IMO, it's a tough choice.

StudioAlex
01-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I'd say shovel more sidewalks (or however you earn your cash) so you can get both. You won't regret it. But I will say I think PDO is a better game. But they are both great. It's like saying Godfather 2 was better than the first. There isn't anything wrong with the first, but somehow the second is just better.

themoosearmy
01-26-2004, 10:26 PM
It's like saying Godfather 2 was better than the first. There isn't anything wrong with the first, but somehow the second is just better.

I still like the first one the best of the 2.

Anyways, PDO is my fav of the two, but like everyone else said, pick them both up

*+100 posts, woot!

nof
01-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Get Panzer, it's a unique gameplay experience you won't forget, the graphics are real pretty too.

colosso
01-27-2004, 12:20 AM
both games are great experience,but PANZER DRAGOON ORTA is a classic game from the sega saturn(unlock the original panzer dragon once you beat the game) and besides the best graphics on xbox so far.otogi levels are too short,imagine going out to buy a coca cola around the corner.that's otogi in my opinion:D

JJaX
01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I say get Otagi...

I bought panzer Dragoon and failed to see what all the hype was about after a night of playing it.

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I say get Otagi...

I bought panzer Dragoon and failed to see what all the hype was about after a night of playing it.

JJaX has something there, actually. While PDO got great reviews, I don't think it sold well because it is really a throwback to the old days. It's kind of like you're stuck in a tripped-out anime, and you're control over what happens in the game is relegated to aiming and shooting, w/ a small amount of control over your movement. I can see this turning many of the new generation of gamers off completely, especially when coupled w/ the fact it is rather difficult on the normal setting.

I, personally, love the game. It's a keeper, and a permanent part of my collection. Now, I just need to cop another Otogi, since I traded mine in a fit of mindless stupidity (for that yawnfest Voodoo Vince :( )....

What was I thinking?

JJaX
01-27-2004, 11:42 AM
I didnt sell my panzer though.

I still have it incase someones over and they happen to be on shrooms.

All you gotta do it shoot and enjoy the show.

I didnt think the game was difficult until one of the later bosses.

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 11:47 AM
I didnt sell my panzer though.

I still have it incase someones over and they happen to be on shrooms.

All you gotta do it shoot and enjoy the show.

I didnt think the game was difficult until one of the later bosses.
:wink: You're a thinkin' man. Hehehe.

Yeah, the worms ticked me off at first, but I didn't really have a feel for the game then. And the very last boss was a pain in my butt. I think he killed me a dozen times 'cuz I was too busy groovin' on the background. :p

DragonlordFrodo
01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
I never played otogi, but I do have Panzer. It is a great game. Very strange graphics. Plus they speak panzerese a language made up for the game, so it seems like you are in another world.

If anyone has Otogi, I'll trade Panzer for it.

DragonlordFrodo
01-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Jjax, What is that thing in your sig?

JJaX
01-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DragonlordFrodo
Jjax, What is that thing in your sig?

Its my llamasaures

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 12:02 PM

Its my llamasaures
Does it speak 'panzerese'? :rofl:

Trento52
01-27-2004, 02:45 PM
I got a good deal on panzer dragoon so i bouht it and i thought it was beautiful and fun but i have to say even though i was in awe of some of the flashy levels and bosses i really liked Otogi. I never thought of getting it until the demo in OXM. I love it so much so fun and pretty fast and teh graphics and sound and atmosphere imo are really good maybe the best. I cannot wait for Otogi 2. Out of teh two though i would lean more to Otogi for now but you should try Panzer dragoon orta for sure.