PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get Steel Battalion the first time it shipped? Here's your chance!

Motoko
01-26-2004, 08:44 PM
http://www.capcom.com/SB/

They're shipping more, reserve yours!

Seriously, you folks need to get this thing. I don't want to be the only one playing Line of Contact on Live...:cry:

I should make a LOC Clan. :D

DocHoliday78
01-26-2004, 10:17 PM
I can never justify paying 200 bucks for one video game. I would much rather have pgr2, PoP, Rb6, and GTA DP. On ebay you can get them for about 130 w/ shipping.

thrAsher
01-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Motoko, you actually own the first?

Anyhow, a question I have...is the controller high-quality, or some flimsy Playskool thang? And I've heard that the actual viewable space onscreen w/ this game is super tiny? Any truth to that?

Or is this all some elaborate joke to draw geeks like myself out of the woodwork? :p

Motoko
01-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
Motoko, you actually own the first?

Anyhow, a question I have...is the controller high-quality, or some flimsy Playskool thang? And I've heard that the actual viewable space onscreen w/ this game is super tiny? Any truth to that?

Or is this all some elaborate joke to draw geeks like myself out of the woodwork? :p

It's high quality, you get what you pay for, trust me. The design of the game is incredible, from the game menus down to the box it ships in. It looks like an actual box for the army, right down to the lettering and everything. I can't really explain it.

Things are very easy to see on screen, because most of the time you can get rid of some of the extra sides from the inside of the window of your mech. Also, different mechs have different designs of how the window looks.

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 03:12 PM
I noticed LOC is online only, is that the case w/ the first?

I ask because I used to love going to this arcade in town where you'd pay $5 or $10 to get play on a mech simulator for around 10 minutes or so, I believe. Loved the interface.

Reclaimer
01-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Does the controller break down to a smaller size? I'd like to get it, but space is a concern.
Believe me, I want it, but I don't know about the controller that doubles as furniture.
I just saw the screen shot, it has a gas, brake and clutch pedal?

Alex Napalm
01-27-2004, 03:35 PM
You can also head over to the xbox section of www.ebworld.com and order the game. It'll be shipping on Feb. 23.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago from Capcom. Can't wait for it. Mainly getting it so I can play LoC online when that one comes out in March. Gonna be sweet.

Alex Napalm
01-27-2004, 03:37 PM
I noticed LOC is online only, is that the case w/ the first?

I ask because I used to love going to this arcade in town where you'd pay $5 or $10 to get play on a mech simulator for around 10 minutes or so, I believe. Loved the interface.

LoC's online only. The first Steel Battalion had no multiplayer to it which was the big complaint against it.

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Does the controller break down to a smaller size? I'd like to get it, but space is a concern.
Believe me, I want it, but I don't know about the controller that doubles as furniture.

Hahaha. I feel the same way. Still, I'd love to give it a go. Imagine the control you must have over your mech...I mean, 'Vertical Tank'.

Alex Napalm
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM

Hahaha. I feel the same way. Still, I'd love to give it a go. Imagine the control you must have over your mech...I mean, 'Vertical Tank'.

I know when you get it, the controller comes in four segments. One segment for the pedals and three for the main control unit. Since you have to build it up, I'm pretty certain you can break it back down.

Motoko
01-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA

No, unfortunately, the control is only in that one size in its playable form. It seperates into 3 parts, 4 if you count the pedal pad, but there's only one tool you can use to take it apart and put back together, and that's a piece that comes with the game.

I sit in a butterfly chair, and it's pretty easy to play for long periods of time. I don't have a table for it or anything, it just sits in my laps. And yes, it does have 3 pedals. :)

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Motoko
I don't have a table for it or anything, it just sits in my laps. And yes, it does have 3 pedals. :)

INTRODUCING!!!! Motoko, the three-legged boy wonder! Watch as he rests his massive controller on his many laps!!!

;)

Motoko
01-27-2004, 05:24 PM
INTRODUCING!!!! Motoko, the three-legged boy wonder! Watch as he rests his massive controller on his many laps!!!

;)

I have many laps. You didn't know that, eh? :D

blackiee2002
01-27-2004, 06:40 PM
This game is 200 bucks and it is sold out. Capcom better give us some more exclusives or even all the games the give to the other systems or is you guessed Bicot Time:cuss:

Motoko
01-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002
This game is 200 bucks and it is sold out. Capcom better give us some more exclusives or even all the games the give to the other systems or is you guessed Bicot Time:cuss:

OH ****!

NOT "OR IS YOU GUESSED BICOT TIME!"

NOT BICOT TIME!

themoosearmy
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Lol, bicot.

Sorry, unless I hit the lotto, I won't be paying $200 for one game.

Duke
01-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Still torn on this one. $200 can go so many more places. But I want it so bad.

GreenWeenie
01-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Normally a lurker, but had to comment on this one...a buddy and myself both bought the game (were both computer techs) and he rigged it where the controls are seperate. I will try and get a pic to post for you guys, but it is just your standard PC ribbon cable that connects the 3 controlers into one and he just made "extension" cables. Turned out pretty sweet!

AloneInTheDark
01-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Still torn on this one. $200 can go so many more places. But I want it so bad.

I feel the same way, but I figure I'll hold on it. Last time there was a shipment (when it was released) the game was all over ebay for almost a year, so hopefully it will go that way again, I'll pick it up on ebay.

CarGuy
01-28-2004, 02:16 PM
LOL Bicot time!!

CRAYMAN
01-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by blackiee2002

Is that like "Hammer Time" or more like "Biscuit Time"?:huh:

Cuz I'm all over a ham'n egg bicot!

ferrari
01-28-2004, 03:17 PM
YOU ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SUBJECT

JJaX
02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Not sure if this was ever posted...

Heres the power up routine

Right click me and save as... (http://home.comcast.net/~hortinstein2/SBmov2.avi)

And before anyone even asks, no thats not me. :cuss:

l Maximus l
02-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Right click me and save as... (http://home.comcast.net/~hortinstein2/SBmov2.avi)

And before anyone even asks, no thats not me. :cuss:

lol, dude...no offense, man...but, that was border line of "complete dork" :D

It was pretty cool to see that controller light up and stuff, though...nice LED display action going there....

Trill-Ville
02-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

And before anyone even asks, no thats not me. :cuss: lmao u sure its not ur brother? or half brother? or big sister? :watchout: :p

Shapeshifter
02-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Now, if the had that controller for say the pc, and it worked with the mechwarrior games = :hail:

and that one guy in the video is pretty whacked, espically if he does that every time he plays (and dress in combat fatigues) :eek:

Duke
02-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Awhile ago it was posted in the news section here that there would be two options for purchasing LOC.

One, w/ just the game. The other w/ the game, controller, and the original.

As far as I can tell, The package doesn't exist. If you purchase the controller, it still comes w/ the original, but you'll have to buy LOC separately.

I was confused, so I just thought I'd pass it along to anyone else who didn't know.