PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading

Kamshaft
01-06-2002, 11:03 AM
The reason the forums were slow this morning, I was re-indexing the site. Also, we'll be upgrading the server itself soon, to a 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 and 1.5 Gigabytes of RAM. So things should be alot faster then.

Have patience with us, great things are coming.

Xboxmaster2001
01-06-2002, 11:05 AM
sweet upgrding is always good :D

Ninja Scroll
01-06-2002, 11:41 AM
okay, no more speculations. thanks Stephan, I got tired of reading garbage that mattcoxsuckeronline was writing!

skoot182
01-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Shweet

BTW, i gotta find that 200th post party again!

Dog Of War
01-06-2002, 12:36 PM
hrm, maybe release dates will be more correct now

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-06-2002, 03:01 PM
You can't go wrong with upgrading, only downgrading. ;)

Hugh_Jass
01-06-2002, 03:17 PM
The forums are still slow on my end.

Hugh_Jass
01-06-2002, 07:06 PM
I'm on cable, too.

All other sites are fast. Only XBA is slow.

DT21
01-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Yea, seems slow for me as well.

shannon22
01-06-2002, 08:13 PM
thats good :D

KrowMaGNeMMaN
01-06-2002, 10:48 PM
keep it up, the faster the better

http://www.geocities.com/dwraith2k1/krowmag.gif

"CAPTAIN CAVE MAAAAAANNNNNN!"

JAC
01-07-2002, 12:06 AM
That's good to hear. Thanks for working hard guys. :D

I do get some slow points even now and I'm on cable... just informing.

Sachile_
01-07-2002, 10:06 AM
oooh a gig of ram thats nice, what kind of connetion does it ues? dsl?

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 11:11 AM
I have cable at home and it is so d a m n slow, I'd almost swear it leaves a slug trail! But, here at work, I have DSL and it's fast as hell. Personally, I have never seen cable work as efficiently as DSL does. Just my experiences.

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Things have sucked the past couple of days in the forum with the upgrade in the stages it's in. BUt it's all worth it cause this is the best d@mn forum ever and it can only get better, I mean come on,...... it's gotta be cool if Ninja Jubei & F'N Show are up in dis piece:D :cool: :p

skoot182
01-07-2002, 01:59 PM
But it gets even cooler when i'm here :D

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
But it gets even cooler when i'm here :D

....and who are you again?................:confused: ...........

..............:D

Kamshaft
01-07-2002, 03:48 PM
The server is connected to multiple OC3's for ultra high-speed internet connectivity. It should be plenty fast.

skoot182
01-07-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

....and who are you again?................:confused: ...........

..............:D

arrrgh.....
:D

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by The F'n Show
So when's the Big PPV starting? The Whole F'n Ninja's show Vs Vanimus? LOL

:D

Yo son, you tell me? I thought you were going to make a poll on this crazy funny ass idea!? What happened!
I want a shot at those scrubs :D max has his coming Ninja style!

Hugh_Jass
01-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay...the speed is good today. I don't know what was going on this weekend.

Ninja Scroll
01-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Okay...the speed is good today. I don't know what was going on this weekend.

everything is cool with me too! At work things are 2 sweeeeet!:cool:
But at home im still getting some slow loading. I think it's just my hook up at da crib doe.
Hey, I like how they let you know who is online on the forum board and in the threads themselves.
It's the little things that count.
Hey Moderators, you guys gonna make a list of all the "new" features added? I know I would appreciate it!
thanks in advance.;)

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 06:33 PM
For some reason, when I'm at home, this site moves like a slug. I have broadband internet at home (cable) and I have DSL at work. My DSL rock n' rolls on this site :D As if you guys couldn't tell :D :D

Kamshaft
01-09-2002, 09:57 AM
Is the speed of the site better? :)

And do you guys like the smillies? I can add more.

MaxP
01-09-2002, 10:23 AM
i heard some1 say that you cant go wrong with upgrading...well its not true for everything...
I upgraded my good old iCQ98b to the latest one and **** it sucks
full of ads and ****s like that! I miss the good old time! :(

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Stephen-XBA
Is the speed of the site better? :)

And do you guys like the smillies? I can add more.

Stephen...hook us up with as many smiles as possible :D

Rancey
01-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Check out www.trillian.com MaxP, I prefer it to ICQ...possibly because I have multiple chat clients aswell :p

Ahh!!! Look at all these animates smilies....now I dunno which one to use for which situation...time to study the smilies :eek: :p

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 11:36 AM
I love the new animated smilies! Like everyone said, add as many a possible.
The mean/angry red face is a attention getter.
Hey, is there a way to make this ":D " guy have his teeth shine with a star or something? That would kick mad crazy ass yo!
That's my most used smilie!:D

skoot182
01-09-2002, 12:03 PM
:) :D ;) :p :eek: :cool:

WOO HOO, so much fun

Ninja Scroll
01-09-2002, 12:23 PM
yo skoot! What's with da Xbox getting crushed image in your siggy?:eek: Dont make me get ghetto thugged out Ninja style on dat ass kid!:D

l Maximus l
01-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Yeah, we need more smiles :) :) :p :cool:

skoot182
01-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
yo skoot! What's with da Xbox getting crushed image in your siggy?:eek: Dont make me get ghetto thugged out Ninja style on dat ass kid!:D

"Yo" Ninja, i dont want you to get "thugged out Ninja style on my ass", especially "ghetto thugged out" :eek: so ill explain.

If "da" Ninja knew how to read, it says "Stupid Lamecubers" above "dat" pic, "kid"

Word.

:cool:

Frostberg
01-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Jeez I go out for a little bit and come back and its all colorful and all these extras...I just have to figure out when its right to use a smiley face waving man or the sunglasses face
HELLO THERE! :)

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Jeez I go out for a little bit and come back and its all colorful and all these extras...I just have to figure out when its right to use a smiley face waving man or the sunglasses face
HELLO THERE! :)

hehe, Frostberg...Man, is it me, or does it seem that you have been absent from these forums for a little while? Not to get too mushy or anything...but, dude...it hasn't been the same without ya, man! .........Well, actually......it has been the same....but, hey, it sounded good! hehe

Oh yeah...."Hello there" right back at ya! :)

Ninja Scroll
01-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

hehe, Frostberg...Man, is it me, or does it seem that you have been absent from these forums for a little while? Not to get too mushy or anything...but, dude...it hasn't been the same without ya, man! .........Well, actually......it has been the same....but, hey, it sounded good! hehe

Oh yeah...."Hello there" right back at ya! :)

LOL, yeah-frosthamburger is a cool dude yo! I know what you mean waximus. Not in a funny way since we all know Ninja Jubei is a ladies man! :cool: But it's nice to see one of the good guys return back to da forum dat Ninja Jubei built for his little fans like maxi-pad-imus!
Xbox yaaaaaaaa! :) :D

Frostberg
01-10-2002, 04:32 PM
NJ you came here 16 days after me, but ill admit it is very interesting with you here...and see how when I come back from my vacation the forums are updated...the red angry face is going to be useful, as well as the greeter smiley face man...oh yeah and max reached 2000 posts, so heres a belated congrats ;) but this one has some silly kiss and id rather not kiss other males except my cat...and thats not some freaky kiss so...yeahh ill stop now

l Maximus l
01-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
NJ you came here 16 days after me, but ill admit it is very interesting with you here...and see how when I come back from my vacation the forums are updated...the red angry face is going to be useful, as well as the greeter smiley face man...oh yeah and max reached 2000 posts, so heres a belated congrats ;) but this one has some silly kiss and id rather not kiss other males except my cat...and thats not some freaky kiss so...yeahh ill stop now

lol, Frostberg...even if that was a kiss....Ninja Scroll thanks you :D hehe...Welcome back, chum :p

Markus_Kalarkus
01-10-2002, 05:12 PM
nice steve i love this now!!! more pics and stuff it looks way better thnx!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
nice steve i love this now!!! more pics and stuff it looks way better thnx!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

OMG, these "animated smilies" have become the biggest phenomenon since peanut butter & jelly!:eek:

good job XBA!:)

Rancey
01-11-2002, 11:26 AM
The new forums really are nice, I especially like the online/offline feature by a name. And of course the smilies :)

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
The new forums really are nice, I especially like the online/offline feature by a name. And of course the smilies :)

Me too Jason! But I asked before but got no reply to this question.
Will you guys please make a list of all the new features to the forums? Just asking for a small favor yo!:)