PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force Now A Platinum Hit

thrAsher
01-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Microsoft Game Studios today announced that the squad-based tactical shooter Brute Force has joined the list of Xbox Platinum Hits. The Xbox Platinum Hits lineup provides gamers with a choice of the most proven and critically acclaimed titles for Xbox, each available for an estimated retail price of $19.99 (U.S.) at most retailers.

Source (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=15739&mode=thread&order=0)

While hype destroyed most people's chances at actually enjoying this game, I highly recommend it. $20 is a steal, IMO. I still pop the game in for a little change of pace.

StudioAlex
01-27-2004, 01:03 PM
Just to add a contrasting view. The only hype I was exposed to was the perfect 5 across the boards rating this very website gave the game. Joke was on me, I guess.

I think this is a perfectly average game. Had they done a better job with level design and enemy AI, it would have been great, regardless of the saturday morning quality characters and story. Hype didn't ruin my enjoyment of the game, the sheer mediocrity of the product did.

LynxFX
01-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I've been wanting to get it but just never did. For $20, you bet I will pick it up. Great news. :cheers:

BinaryXtreme
01-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I have found the game fun to play since I first got it. I think it was bashed because of the hype as well. I saw this was a platinum hit over the holidays though. I too still play it for a different change every now and then too and love the game play.

CRAYMAN
01-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Sorry, too many great choices at $20 for me to waste time on this below average title. Beyond Good & Evil for example is only $20.

Reclaimer
01-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Yea!!! Another game I paid full price for, even pre-ordered it. Man, I hate seeing these games roll out for 20 bucks after I paid 54 for them.

l Maximus l
01-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Brute Force is a solid game...the reason why it got destroyed by hype is because it was compared to Halo. If you ask me, if ANY game on XBox, or on any console for that matter, was compared to Halo before it's release would fail miserably.

Halo is, bar-none, the best game on XBox. If you don't agree, then ask the other 4 Million + people that own the game.

Ford Mustang
01-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Yea!!! Another game I paid full price for, even pre-ordered it. Man, I hate seeing these games roll out for 20 bucks after I paid 54 for them.

I know how you feel, man. It's a pain in the ass.

I got this game a while back (from Shannon actually) but I never finished it. It was pretty fun but it got boring quickly, and it's not that much fun on System Link.

Angell
01-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Brute Force is a solid game...the reason why it got destroyed by hype is because it was compared to Halo. If you ask me, if ANY game on XBox, or on any console for that matter, was compared to Halo before it's release would fail miserably.

Halo is, bar-none, the best game on XBox. If you don't agree, then ask the other 4 Million + people that own the game.

I couldnt agree more... Brute Force isnt a bad game at all, luck has it for me, I was not exposed to high levels of hype either. There are some fun aspects of the game and there are many things that could be improved on, but still I think it gets bashed pretty heavily by those who were expecting gold when they got something less.

CRAYMAN
01-28-2004, 02:40 PM
The graphics were good but the cutscenes were sooo stupid.
Your characters just stood around and looked/talked at each other for the most part.
The sound effects killed it for me.

And even if it was compared to HALO, almost every Xbox game is compared to HALO. RTCW, Timesplitters 2, Ghost Recon, Metal Arms(which is only $30 now and far superior to Brute Farce) and that doesn't necessarily doom a game.
I guess I was disappointed because I preordered Brute Force.:mad:

VenoM
01-28-2004, 04:09 PM
should of been 20 bucks when it was first released :p game was such a let down

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, this is too late. I already returned my Brute Force. I just hated the game. Probably due to all the hype, but oh well.:confused:

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 09:05 AM

I don't agree. Halo is the first game to sucessfully incorporate a bunch of different items from other 1st person shooters into the there game. While Halo is a great game, I wouldn't say it is the best the xbox has to offer. If I remember correctly the alien world suffered from repetitive textures and buildings, the multiplayer mode lacked in general. Not saying it wasn't good, just saying it could be better. I guess you should say the best the xbox has to offer as far as first person shooters. That dosn't mean I am not buying Halo2 though.

...let the flaming begin.

CRAYMAN
01-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy

I don't agree. Halo is the first game to sucessfully incorporate a bunch of different items from other 1st person shooters into the there game. While Halo is a great game, I wouldn't say it is the best the xbox has to offer. If I remember correctly the alien world suffered from repetitive textures and buildings, the multiplayer mode lacked in general. Not saying it wasn't good, just saying it could be better. I guess you should say the best the xbox has to offer as far as first person shooters. That dosn't mean I am not buying Halo2 though.

...let the flaming begin.

What is the best:huh:

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM

Uh oh, I heard someone compare Halo 2 to Halo :yikes: Halo 2 is gonna suck now, man, I was so looking forward to it too.:D

Koopa
01-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

Uh oh, I heard someone compare Halo 2 to Halo :yikes: Halo 2 is gonna suck now, man, I was so looking forward to it too.:D

smartass:D

and yeah i think i agree that brute force was a decent game with too much hype. the graphics, story, and AI underwhelmed me, the levels were even more repetitive than Halo (i love halo, but its true, don't try to deny it), and there was no live play. i bought it the day it came out...and sold it about a month later

Brutus
01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!

I'll be sure to buy a second copy for my second Xbox. This game is simply sick with Two TV's and Multiplayer on 4 TV's! THe AI is simply the best out of any other game out there. A big fat Zero when it comes to lag and sweet graphics.

have your friend come over and do a two player mission on two TV's and you'll be amazed at the fun and graphics!

Sure it would have been cool to have vehicles in it... But that's what teleporters are for! DUH! ALso when you use me, your eyesight gets all wack! hahahah!

having control of four different abilities was a very nice touch. Right now, it's the best $20.00 game out there.

How'd they do that?! I guess when you outsell Halo in the first week hitting the SHelf, you can Become Platinum Quickly.

My favorite is the 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound... It makes me all giddy inside to hear the Seekers Psychic Blast sweep by my ear in the game... It's so cool!

ARRGGHHH!!!!! SPIRIT OF VENGAR!!!!!!

colosso
01-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
Yea!!! Another game I paid full price for, even pre-ordered it. Man, I hate seeing these games roll out for 20 bucks after I paid 54 for them. i hate this game and to make it even worse i paid $50 the first day it was released,buy something better than this crap like METAL ARMS FOR$30 OR ELDER SCROLLS MORROWIND 3 GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION for $30

Hero
01-31-2004, 09:31 AM
i think its a crappy game..i couldnt force myself to finish the first one..and i really tried to force myself. then i figured id give the multiplayer a chance and bought a second copy. took it my bros house and the multiplayer was crap even with two TV's.

i dont recommend