PDA

View Full Version : Best NBA game?

BoundBruiser
01-27-2004, 05:03 PM
I've never really liked basketball games on the consoles due to the fact that the majority of them from the past were pretty cheezy. About a month ago I picked up Febuary issue of OXM and played XSN's NBA inside drive on the demo disc. Ever since then I've been hooked on it, as well as all of my friends that come over. I bought the game last weekend and I've been talking to some guys at school and plenty of them said that NBA live was better. What do you guys think, is it just because EA has the bigger name and those guys cought the case of "Fanboyism", or is XSN's better, or what about the ESPN version?

X-Fan
01-27-2004, 05:18 PM
dude i would rather play id anyday.live series suffers from choppy framerates very cheesy animations plus the playibility suffers becoz of the framerate.i am not a big fan of the camera in the game either.espn nba i've heard nothing but awesome things abt it(the reason i ordered it).

RichVGS
01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
The best basketball of all is Lakers vs. Celtics on Sega Genesis.

On Xbox, I'd go with ESPN. It is more realistic then XSN, and I think it has slightly better graphics. The only aspect of XSN that I like better is the Live play.

Zion
01-27-2004, 10:09 PM
ESPN 2k4 is the best, EA Live is the worst by far. Street Hoops is the most fun for the casual basketball fan.

/dave chappelle

NURSE! NURSE! GET IN HERE QUICK! TIMMY'S GETTIN HIS A$$ WHOOPED AT STREET HOOPS AND I NEED A WITNESS!!

/dave chappelle

themoosearmy
01-27-2004, 11:02 PM
/dave chappelle

I shoulda left you dead Billy, oh I shoulda left you dead!

/dave chappelle

nG-Punisher
01-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Well for Live aspects I would go with ESPN NBA2K4 since it beats Inside Drive in every aspect except XSN....if your not so worried about online play then go with NBA Live 2004...me and my buddies play that sometimes after school just to screw around...best basketball game ive played for the xbox

mdooz
01-28-2004, 08:08 AM
For realistic basketball, I'd say ESPN NBA Basketball and for an arcade type basketball game, it would be NBA Street Vol.2.

shapoopy
02-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by mdooz
For realistic basketball, I'd say ESPN NBA Basketball and for an arcade type basketball game, it would be NBA Street Vol.2.

na, they have stupid goaltending calls, but inside drive is so addictive i love it and i know alot bout the nba and its pretty realistic i mean Are you gonna do a wind mill on someone? like in espn and a crossover dunk on shaq?? nah ID is just regualar dunks well IMO:cheers:

XboxTJ
02-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by boundbruiser
I've never really liked basketball games on the consoles due to the fact that the majority of them from the past were pretty cheezy. About a month ago I picked up Febuary issue of OXM and played XSN's NBA inside drive on the demo disc. Ever since then I've been hooked on it, as well as all of my friends that come over. I bought the game last weekend and I've been talking to some guys at school and plenty of them said that NBA live was better. What do you guys think, is it just because EA has the bigger name and those guys cought the case of "Fanboyism", or is XSN's better, or what about the ESPN version?

Oh man, you made a big mistake buying Inside Drive, don't get me wrong i am an XSN fanatic but i have to look at the facts, Live just blows away ID. Look at game sites like IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy, all official game raters and the top gaming sites out there and they all gave ID not so hot scores if you know what i mean. Live 2004 is ten times better, and just so you know, i have played both games.

shapoopy
02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by XboxTJ

Oh man, you made a big mistake buying Inside Drive, don't get me wrong i am an XSN fanatic but i have to look at the facts, Live just blows away ID. Look at game sites like IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy, all official game raters and the top gaming sites out there and they all gave ID not so hot scores if you know what i mean. Live 2004 is ten times better, and just so you know, i have played both games.

Gamespot is bias, and it's his opinion that matters and I think Inside drive is awesome and I hate Live

bretman1234
02-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Inside Drive all the way. I played the 2002 Inside Drive a while back and thought it was cheezy and hated it. Didn't try 2003 since I figured it would be just like 2002. So I finally got the demo on OXM disc, and played it. It was incredible. I immediately got the game and play it all the time. On live is the best! I've played both that and Live, and ID blows Live away. Haven't played ESPN yet, but I liked NBA 2k3 so I bet I Would like it. Its always sold out in stores though.

BehindRedDoors
02-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Easily Inside Drive.