PDA

View Full Version : I hate the XBox controllers

Holt88
01-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I have 6 damn controllers, 3 that worked now only 2 since tonight. I turn on my XBox to play a game, then game says press start, I do it...nothing happens. I switch controllers and every other damn thing and they work, but no. This controller won't, and it was working perfectly fine last night, I've had a problem with controllers since day 1.

If it isn't the control stick working properly, buttons not doing a damn thing, triggers not working, then nothing working at all, is MS even aware of how their controllers just flat out suck when it's comes to durability and long lasting? If this happens again, I am going to go out of my mind!

shapoopy
01-27-2004, 07:07 PM
plug it in right is it in right or .......

MerimacHamwich
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Controllers aren't women. You aren't supposed to pee on them. Idn't dat right deez?

shapoopy
01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Controllers aren't women. You aren't supposed to pee on them. Idn't dat right deez?

you foreget in the SHOWER youre supposed roo;)

ScorpionX
01-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Maybe your controller port is damaged

Or they hate you

BananaMan
01-27-2004, 07:57 PM
that also happened to me then i just switch those lil quick release lines in between the controllers and it worked fine. i took the non working controller and switched the release lines with a working one and they both worked again.:cheers:

l Maximus l
01-27-2004, 08:04 PM
For a while, I was having the same problem...and then I stopped wiping my ass with them. Now, everything is great :)

nG-Punisher
01-27-2004, 08:14 PM
All of my controllers work fine....except for one of the Mad Catz one..the R1 trigger sometimes gets stuck but other than that all of em function correctly...sorry to hear that your controllers don't like you

themoosearmy
01-27-2004, 09:26 PM
I've never had a problem with mine or anyone of my friends controllers. Try switching the connectors.

No Fear 23
01-27-2004, 09:39 PM
dont throw ur controllers.

Trento52
01-27-2004, 09:58 PM
i had 2 controllers but my dad came in being the biggest dork and tried to wrestle me and crap, and he was standing on the controller and then when i freaked out and pushed him out because he is really annoying, the controller wouldn't stop rumbling and then it smelled like smoke and nothing worked and then i tried to open it up and i wrecked the joystick and it is all wonky now....:eek:

Zion
01-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Holt88

If it isn't the control stick working properly, buttons not doing a damn thing, triggers not working, then nothing working at all, is MS even aware of how their controllers just flat out suck when it's comes to durability and long lasting? If this happens again, I am going to go out of my mind!

Nobody else seems to have any problems, you must be doing something wrong. Perhaps stop using them as hammers?

Cryogenic Pyro
01-28-2004, 01:03 AM
I have 6 damn controllers, 3 that worked now only 2 since tonight. I turn on my XBox to play a game, then game says press start, I do it...nothing happens. I switch controllers and every other damn thing and they work, but no. This controller won't, and it was working perfectly fine last night, I've had a problem with controllers since day 1.

I haven't had any problems with any of my controllers.

Are you sure using your controllers as baseball bats is such a good idea?

thatdude222
01-28-2004, 07:28 AM

If it isn't the control stick working properly, buttons not doing a damn thing, triggers not working, then nothing working at all, is MS even aware of how their controllers just flat out suck when it's comes to durability and long lasting? If this happens again, I am going to go out of my mind! .......... never had any probs with my controllers. cept' sometimes the a buttons gets half stuck on that newfangled green controller s

Ford Mustang
01-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Hmm...Holt, it seems like you are in the minority for some reason. Perhaps you should stop smashing them with blunt objects, or throwing them against the wall when you get owned on XBL.

On a side note, I did that once. I got so pissed that I threw it and I didn't even realise that I had the headset on. Needless to say, I got even more angry after that one. :p

Oh, and get back on RS3 you ass. :cuss:

Snake Eyez
01-28-2004, 01:08 PM
I've never had any problems with my 4 controllers. One of my friends did start doing weird things but that was because we were rolling the wire around the controller.

# 1 Stunner
01-28-2004, 01:15 PM
ive only had one xbox controlle not work and that was the one i got from the launch xbox..

bretman1234
01-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Try taking better care of them. Getting angry and throwing them after getting owned in Rainbow Six AND using the 50 doesn't help :)

Uchiha Sasuke
01-28-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah my xbox controllers would stop working on a few occasions but that is when I would blow out the ends of them and everything would be good again.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-28-2004, 03:49 PM
I had that problem with my 'Advance' controllers. Remember the 'advance' word. But from then on no problems since. I think one of my big pads is beginning to screw up tho.

EvilPepper
01-28-2004, 04:23 PM
i had a controller do exsctly the same thing.. all the buttons stoped working...but... that was because a friend spilled a can of coke on it while the Xbox was on....:cuss: but actualy it works fine now... i took it apart washed everything with water (yes this is fine...dispite what the they say about electronics, you can wash %95 of them) and then let it dry for a few days.

DocHoliday78
01-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I only had one problem with my big controller and that was when i threw up on it. It was gross.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Unfortunatly the xbox controllers are complete $hit....all of them. I have gone though 6 controllers since I bought the xbox. Luckily I have bought the 5 dollar warrenty with Best Buy otherwise I would be screwed. I take good care of my stuff to!

Servo
01-29-2004, 09:20 AM
It could be the wire that is the problem .

Peepers
01-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
For a while, I was having the same problem...and then I stopped wiping my ass with them. Now, everything is great :)

He should really be using them to scrape up some of this bull****. :rofl:

BinaryXtreme
01-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I have one original, 1 S controller, 1 micro controller, and 1 green Mad Catz controller and never had a problem even after throwing them. I do clean them often though.

Brutus
01-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I play hockey alot. (ESPN) The best hockey experience ever.

Brutus
01-29-2004, 02:43 PM
I play hockey alot (ESPN) the best hockey experience, ever!

Well, I throw mine all the time! Especially when my Blues Play the Red wings... The computer always lets' them get the crappiest goals.... argh.... hate Blues, Love wings...

So any way, I've only had one problem. The Left thumb stick. It stays pointing forward when I first turn it on. Just calibrate the thing though and it's all good! hahahahhahahaa.

Just turn on your exbocks by opening the tray and allow it to start up. turn the stick in all directions a few times and voialah!

hahahhahaha.

ANy how. I know that my controllers are abused! My original Fat-@ss controller even makes the "Loose plastic inside of the plastic containment" noise when I shake it. All I have a problem with is the wierd calabration on the Left Thumbstick. It's all good! hahhahaa.

You got problems dude! That or bad luck! hahahhaha. When was the last time you played DOAXBA. You can calibrate them all in that game. Rent it though...

MikeMan91389
01-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Wow, i have 8 controllers, never wash them, and all 8 are perfect, 1 is starting to drift, but thats after more than 500hrs of gameplay, and its still my fav.

Brutus
01-30-2004, 10:38 AM
You got it Mike Man. Drifting. Same prob here. After 2.25 Years of playing on it too! hahahah

m4oH
02-07-2004, 04:29 PM

Hell, I chuck mine when I got mad and I've never had probs:cuss:

Shapeshifter
02-07-2004, 05:22 PM
bah my version one xbox controller has the drift something bad on the first analog stick, and the bottom left triger doesn't always register, like I will press it all the way in for whatever game, nothing happens, do it again and it works, pisses me off. so that started to happen about 2 months into owning my xbox (version 1.0 xbox that is) I lived with it for along time, then I almost went and bought a new one, till I heard the controller S was coming, so I got one of those the first day they were in stores, still works fine to this day.

Crazy Joe
02-07-2004, 05:54 PM
the d-pad on one of my controllers is messed, but that's because my roommate played tony hawk with it allllll the time. it's just a little loooose.

Slacker
02-08-2004, 04:13 PM
I have 8 opened controllers and 4 still in the box , after they stopped making the big ones I got greedy and snatched them up, I had one die on me it was Trick controller, I have one that started to drift , I opened it up and cleaned it and it doesn't drift , all the dead skin gets inside and clogs up the rubber bands ,

Dumbest Controller thing I ever did , was on the N64 I opened it up and blew all the dust out of the joystick part ....ooops ..the dust was supposed to be there! anyway I got some Locksmith dust and it worked again ,

Oh and to the buy that said to use water . Alchohol works better , like the rubbing kind , well I guess you could use everclear....mmmmm...everclear ....mmmmmmm

l Maximus l
02-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I noticed that if you wrap the cord around the controller that the plastic covering over the wires will start to crack and rip open. I don't roll my controllers anymore...I just wrap the wire by itself and not around the controller. This was after I stopped wiping my ass with the controllers, too.

ultra-electro
02-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Theya re pretty sweet, much better than ps2 if you ask me. tho I do like N64's the best...

XboxTJ
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM

That happened to me....then i realized the controller wasn't all the way plugged in, roflmao!!! I have had my Xbox since the first week it came out and it hasn't done anything i haven't liked ever, i don't know what your doing to it but it has to be something because mine works perfectly, i just treat my consoles right i guess, lmao! :eek: