PDA

View Full Version : Fly the banshee on the silent cartographer?

frog11983
01-06-2002, 02:18 PM
I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but on the back of the Halo game case there are a few screen shots from the game. I believe it is the screen shot on the bottom right that shows the master cheif flying a banshee. But if you look closely you will notice that he is flying it in what appears to be the Silent Cartographer level. Does any one know if it is possible to get the banshee on that level, or is it just another thing that bungie took out before finalizing the game?

-Frog11983

WhiteWynter
01-06-2002, 04:01 PM
that is definately silent cartographer, but i've been around and all about that level and i havent found a banshee. maybe theres one in the water?? the water goes out pretty deep. that brings up a good pont i will go search

frog11983
01-06-2002, 04:07 PM
the water is crazy on that level, i drove straight out for about five minutes until i finally slammed into an invisible wall... bummer

shannon22
01-07-2002, 04:20 PM
white has a point i think we should search the water and if you found it the post it on a new thread:rolleyes:

WhiteWynter
01-08-2002, 11:43 PM
lol i drove straight out. nothing, but i havent gone all the way around. the structures fall very deep maybe it down there.

RandyJom
01-10-2002, 02:15 PM
It's HUGE, me and my brother did CoOp and we each had a jeep and we started at the invisible wall and went opposite directions, we followed the wall all the way around and found nothing, :confused: so if there is one, it's not touching the wall. We found that the walls had corners though, it's a square map. :rolleyes:

JJaX
01-10-2002, 02:45 PM
That pic was taken from a different build of the game. When they showed Halo at a convention and MAtt from the bungie played it. It started with him flying around the island in a banshee and he got out on the beach into a warthog.

Theres a video of this at

http://halo.bungie.org

Not sure which one it is.

WhiteWynter
01-10-2002, 08:35 PM
****, there goes my hopes. ill still search everywhere til ive found something.

frog11983
01-11-2002, 01:18 PM
:( I was thinking that was the case... again. They really cut a lot from this game didn't they? It could have been so much more. All well, it still kicks booty!