PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Delayed...

RichVGS
01-28-2004, 08:53 AM
I just got the e-mail from Gamestop.com that Mafia is being delayed now until Feb. 23rd. It seems every single game I get hyped about gets delayed. That's it, I'm not getting excited for anymore games (hopefully the push backs will stop now).

thrAsher
01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
That's it, I'm not getting excited for anymore games...
Suuuuure you won't. :)

Delays make me think one of two things: the game is (and will be) utter garbage, or the dev. team is really, really trying to make it as good as gold.

Not sure w/ Mafia, but I know the PS2 version got burned by IGN's reviewer.

RudedogX
01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
No offense man, but it seems to me as if Mafia is a little outdated at this point. Sorry, but this game I may have been excited about two years ago when it came out. Now...meh, nothing major.:confused:

Shadow20002
01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah...and by the way, in the same case of GTA.

borka105
01-28-2004, 10:29 AM
oh sure it's arguably one of the best games that has ever come out...

unlike GTA it has fantastic graphics

very much so story based

a huge interactive environment....

one of a kind for what it delivers!

why care about that.....?

-borka105

Casper
01-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Honestly Borka - I just saw 2 of the in game demos and I think it looked boring as hell....polished? I wouldn't even go that far. The gun sprays that were going on reminded me of a N64 title and the watching the car drive with no other cars on the road? Yea, that's kinda boring.

I still do want to at least rent this, as I'm interested in the story, but I think that's about as far as I'll go with this game. Figures that I was tempted to buy it last night and now this happens - F'in release dates are just a tease.

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Casper, after having played the DEMO on PC, I can say this game EASILY wastes Grand Theft Auto 3. Vice City, it's arguable, but nonetheless Mafia is a great game and ABSOLUTELY worth a purchase for anyone who is interested in the 3d adventure genre.

MaxPain
01-28-2004, 11:36 AM
I own this for PC.. so I won't get it for xbox. but this game is far from boring. from finish to end it is great.. so pick it up..

Casper
01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mafia_driving.wmv

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mafia_shooting.wmv

I guess they just don't do it justice then. Maybe if I can find a demo for the PC, I'll try it out. Any ideas Mac?

BinaryXtreme
01-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
I just got the e-mail from Gamestop.com that Mafia is being delayed now until Feb. 23rd. It seems every single game I get hyped about gets delayed. That's it, I'm not getting excited for anymore games (hopefully the push backs will stop now).

Exactly! Well said. I get bashed from people when I say that I believe no one when it comes to release dates. Team Ninja etc. Any person that believes that a release date is written in stone is just plain wrong. I'm sure they do actually gun for that release date but they come up short often most likely to issue a better game in the long run. I've been drooling over the release of Unreal The Awakening and Halo 2 for months but I know that I need to be patient. I just say, kick it, relax, it'll get here when it does and nothing we can do or say can prevent it.

Styx
01-28-2004, 03:44 PM
I have been waiting for mafia for a good bit of time now. EB has it listed for 3/01/03.

No Fear 23
01-28-2004, 06:14 PM
im only looking forward to unreal the awakening

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, play the demo Casper. Videos can't show you much in this game. You just have to play it. It's awesome. Completely sucks you into the whole environment.
Try www.gamesdomain.com

Bakeman
01-28-2004, 07:34 PM
The game was great on PC. I can't see the xbox doing this game justice.

There are tons more cars on the PC version then that video shows.