PDA

View Full Version : Halo Books regarding Halo and Halo 2 (Spoiler)

Uchiha Sasuke
01-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Possible Spoiler ???? Plus **** loads of spoiler for the book!!!

Well I just finished all three halo books and just got done ready FIRST STRIKE (the book dedicated to the time inbetween Halo 1 and Halo 2). At the end of First Strike, there are four surviving Spartans and they are heading for earth, because the Covenent found there position. Plus theres the side story of a weapon that Dr. Halsey came across (She created the Spartans and there armor). According to the book it is big to the war. Plus now I guess Halsey is now on a seperate mission to find something else in space that is critical to the human races survival plus she took the fifth Spartan with her.

Now the question is will this be related to Halo 2 in any way or is it something the author is making up on his on and it is not going to be related to the script for Halo 2. I mean it would be damn badass to fight along side 3 different Spartans. Plus to find out there was another weapon out there that could be the end of the war that you have to find and stop.

LiquidX
01-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Im pretty sure the stories are tied in closely with the game. There was an interview with Eric Nylund a while back on Xbox.com where he said that Bungie gave hime the general story lines and he filled in the blanks and made it all flow. I'll go check right now to see if I can find it.

Uchiha Sasuke
01-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Im pretty sure the stories are tied in closely with the game. There was an interview with Eric Nylund a while back on Xbox.com where he said that Bungie gave hime the general story lines and he filled in the blanks and made it all flow. I'll go check right now to see if I can find it.

Oh man if the story from First Strike carries on through Halo 2 the game will be so great. It will definately have one the best story's ever told.

lotec16
01-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Maybe teaming up half way into the game with 3 other spartans will be the equivalent to the introduction of 343 guilty spark in halo 2.

E Nomini Patri
01-28-2004, 05:52 PM
The books say "Official prequel..." "Official novel" and "Continuing the saga..."

So yes, they are the real part of the Halo universe.

Ever heard of the Halo Bible (http://bs.bungie.org/mtarchives/000228.html)?

J4320
01-28-2004, 06:26 PM
You probably will fight with them on some missions. But not all (we can be pretty sure of that). I would like it more if they just stayed out of my way and fought in other areas of the level. But that's just my opinion. But one thing I would have to admit good would be Linda backing you up with sniper fire. You see an enemy elite in front of you then BOOM- You hear sniper fire and the elite drops dead in front of you.:p