PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get Sega GT Online yet?

ScottTheKilla
01-28-2004, 05:15 PM
I know it was just released but im sure someone picked it up. Just want to know if its any good...before I throw down the $20.

bostwick202
01-28-2004, 05:22 PM
i was gonna create a new thread on this until i saw that it was already here! I've already gotten PGR2 and was wondering if i should also get this @ $20, unless it' really bad!

Variation-XBA
01-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Its the same GT, but online as well....how can you not for only $20

Kortiz
02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=722962

I already made a thread there, so I'm not going to explain what I think again in detail.

Take a gander. Not all that bad of a game to be honest.

ScottTheKilla
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=722962

I already made a thread there, so I'm not going to explain what I think again in detail.

Take a gander. Not all that bad of a game to be honest.

Cool thanks fosho. Lag is really that bad?

NPYYZ
02-03-2004, 03:52 PM
I bought it because I liked Sega GT 2002. This is a fair game at best. If there were no PGR2 it would be pretty good, but there is a PGR2 so it's just not worth buying in my opinion. Also you can't use any of the cars from your sega gt 2002 game in the online game . I was lead to believe you would , but that is not the case.
I say leave this one on the store shelf.

Kortiz
02-03-2004, 06:44 PM
basically, what you have to do is replay sega gt 2002, which is included on the disc.

online, you CAN use the cars in your garage. when you select your car, go to the left instead of the right.....your garage cars CAN compete online.

they did, however, mislead people by printing on the back of the box that you can upload your saves from 2002 to play on this new release. i just replayed the game, won all the license tests and unlocked all the upgrades on single player.

now i need to unlock the streamliner and then i'll be set. the silver arrow is supposed to be pretty sweet too.

anyway...right now, my biggest peave is the interface online, it sucks.......and the fact that there is no waiting room for a server, it really sucks.

juvie2k01
02-08-2004, 03:46 PM
yea the game is ok, i like the ghost mode sort of like project gothem racing were you can upload your own ghost to see what others rank near you, also you can race other peoples ghosts to get better, for 20 bucks this game has alot of stuff, they have this one option called garage band mode were they have songs from independent bands and some have thier videos...all in all the game would have been a 5 out of 5 if it didnt have the lagg problem..oh yea thiers this garage sale and trade mode which is coo...i think its worth it just for the trading and competiotions it has. So yea i say get the game, its only 20 bucks and they might do something about the lagg later, who knows?

truesonicblue
02-14-2004, 10:35 PM
is it worth getting for someone who has the originol but doesn't have live, probably not, but I'm just curious, like what has changed with it?

Maxgeek
02-15-2004, 04:24 PM
If I didn't have xblive I probably would still buy it because its only $20 and I think that is worth it for 1 new game mode (gathering mode), ~40 new cars, and a few new tracks.

Back on the other topic I also really hate the online interface. Its so hard to get in a game because it has always started and you have to start searching all over again.

I wish they would make the SS license easier, I still can't get it :cry:

restler318
02-18-2004, 06:47 PM
its pretty good and its worth the twenty bucks.... but for 30 more you can get pgr2....