PDA

View Full Version : Panzer Dragoon RPG coming to Xbox

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 06:13 PM
http://www.putschgefahr.de/panzer_dragoon_genos_[screener].mpg

Right click and save as to download the screener.

EDIT: Damn it. Turns out this stuff is most likely fake. Here's someone else explaining the fake-ness of it....

Originally posted by segasonic
well at the end of the trailer you can see the domain year-of-the-dragon.com

this forwards you to amusement vision's website (they merged with smilebit)

but the domain itself is owned by Michael Herzog

http://shop.easyspace.com/shop-cgi-...-the-dragon.com

Now if you do a whois-lookuo for putschgefahr.de the site that hosts the trailer, then guess who owns it? yes the same Michael Herzog

http://shop.easyspace.com/shop-cgi-...putschgefahr.de

IT'S A FAKE!!!

Bummer. Sorry about all this.... :(

thrAsher
01-28-2004, 06:15 PM
:(

It no work.

:(

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Argh. Give me a sec... I'll fix this....

shapoopy
01-28-2004, 06:16 PM
YA doesn't work:cry:

Oh man that would be so coooool im so excited for any rpg that comes to xbox

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Try it now. Should work.

PoetSaskia
01-28-2004, 06:20 PM
we should not support sega anymore after they decided not to port Outrun 2, even though the arcade version was based on xbox hardware. They dissed all xbox gamers.

thrAsher
01-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy
Oh man that would be so coooool im so excited for any rpg that comes to xbox
Word up, yo.

|||||||||||||||||68%

*edit* :cuss: Can you say, "teaser"? Sure, I knew you could. Hehehe. Well, you're post pretty much said it all - Sega, Panzer Dragoon, RPG. Only thing I got from that clip was 2005. Still, good to know. I never played PD Saga, so this should be cool. Thanks for the heads up on 'Genos', I guess they're calling it.

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Sega said that a home version of Outrun 2 would be a better rental than a game to own. Much llike the original Outrun, there's not going to be a whole lot to Outrun 2. Why would we want to treat Sega like EA when they have given us some great exclusives and some amazing sports games that actually take advantage of XBL and other xbox specific features?

Do we need Outrun 2 when we've already got Sega GT Online, PGR2 and (coming soon) RallySport 2?

shapoopy
01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA

Word up, yo.

|||||||||||||||||68%

Shapoopy,
you know youre right youre ALWAYS right everything bout you is right and cool

lol jk, but youre only 68% agreeing?? what?:huh:

PoetSaskia
01-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Alex Napalm
Sega said that a home version of Outrun 2 would be a better rental than a game to own. Much llike the original Outrun, there's not going to be a whole lot to Outrun 2. Why would we want to treat Sega like EA when they have given us some great exclusives and some amazing sports games that actually take advantage of XBL and other xbox specific features?

Do we need Outrun 2 when we've already got Sega GT Online, PGR2 and (coming soon) RallySport 2?
Where did they say that? And yes, I think we do need it. The arcade game is a dying breed. We need all the arcade games we can get. I grew up in a time when arcade games were revered as state of the art. I hate that the tradition is dying out. There is no longer an arcade in my city, what a shame. Sega has always been about great arcade games and great arcade ports. They should be keeping the tradition alive. Instead they let us down. I'll bet a lot of people wanted Outrun 2 for xbox.

thrAsher
01-28-2004, 06:44 PM

lol jk, but youre only 68% agreeing?? what?:huh:

Uh.........sometimes. When it rains. Subtract.

:watchout:

Nice edit, too, you monkey stalker. :p

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia

Where did they say that? And yes, I think we do need it. The arcade game is a dying breed. We need all the arcade games we can get. I grew up in a time when arcade games were revered as state of the art. I hate that the tradition is dying out. There is no longer an arcade in my city, what a shame. Sega has always been about great arcade games and great arcade ports. They should be keeping the tradition alive. Instead they let us down. I'll bet a lot of people wanted Outrun 2 for xbox.

From the front page news article "Virtua Fighter 5 For Xbox?".

Director of Sega’s AM2 studio Makoto Osaki has been speaking to the US press about Sega’s future plans. Referring to the company’s plans to release Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation, Osaki explained that the game was aimed at a younger gamer - but more intriguingly he also revealed that Virtua Fighter 5 is in the works.

Not much in the way of details was forthcoming, though Osaki confirmed the title would follow in the tradition of previous Virtua Fighter beat-’em-ups with one-on-one play.

Speaking about the possibilities of bringing Outrun 2 to Xbox, he explained it would be relatively easy to port the title to Microsoft’s console. However, Sega is reluctant to produce a home version of the title, partly because of the rental market - due to the brevity of Outrun 2, Sega fears that the majority of players would rent rather than buy the game.

I grew up with arcades as well. To me though, there are some games that just don't translate well to the home market. Outside of being a pretty game, Outrun 2 isn't going to offer a whole lot. It'll be a short, little racing game with little depth and little multiplayer options. Sega's treated us very well in the past and hasn't seen strong Xbox sales because of it. Despite that they've continued to support the Xbox with exclusives and feature packed games. Getting mad at them like they were EA seems a little premature.

DocHoliday78
01-28-2004, 07:03 PM
we should not support sega anymore after they decided not to port Outrun 2, even though the arcade version was based on xbox hardware. They dissed all xbox gamers.

Yeah you go ahead and do that. I am sure everyone else will follow :huh:

shapoopy
01-28-2004, 07:04 PM

Uh.........sometimes. When it rains. Subtract.

:watchout:

Nice edit, too, you monkey stalker. :p

thats it,

the rules say:
"Do not flame/verbally attack new members. Even you started off here as a "n00b" before, and putting them down will not make them want to stick around. "

the rules specifically state NO flaming and you just said

"you monkey stalker"

im a have to report you:(

these are the problem with the new mod AND IM OT A MONKEY STALKER you fish molester:p

PoetSaskia
01-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Yeah you go ahead and do that. I am sure everyone else will follow :huh:
Doc Holiday, I did nothing to illicit your sarcasm. Go ahead and buy their lousy games if you want to. Have fun with your stupid Panzer Dragoon rpg.

Shadow20002
01-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Awww......i want it to be real !!! :p

thrAsher
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM

thats it,

the rules say:
"Do not flame/verbally attack new members. Even you started off here as a "n00b" before, and putting them down will not make them want to stick around. "

the rules specifically state NO flaming and you just said

"you monkey stalker"

im a have to report you:(

these are the problem with the new mod AND IM OT A MONKEY STALKER you fish molester:p

Dang! Never did find that 'ban' button.... ;) And shapoopkins, that is nowhere near the kinda flame I'm capable of delivering...

Alex Napalm
01-28-2004, 09:18 PM

Doc Holiday, I did nothing to illicit your sarcasm. Go ahead and buy their lousy games if you want to. Have fun with your stupid Panzer Dragoon rpg.

Fact is, Sega makes and releases many incredible games. If they were to bring a Panzer Dragoon RPG to the Xbox it would be another incredible game from them. Just because they're probably not going to release their admittedly short Outrun 2 on the Xbox is no reason to get all in a huff and call for a boycott of them.

PoetSaskia
01-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Sega's bread and butter was always arcade games and arcade translations. I have been a fan of Sega ever since Zaxxon. I bought most of their consoles. It seems like they are forgetting what made them great. Not releasing Outrun 2 is a mistake. Arcade games are becoming fewer and fewer these days. (Which makes them more valuable than ever if you're a fan.) The last arcade game to come out that I know of before Outrun 2 was Soul Calibur. Namco ported it to all three systems, and even added a good deal of new content. What does Sega do? Declines to port Outrun 2 at all, despite the fact that it's based on xbox hardware! I'm sorry but it is a big deal! They should port it and give us the choice whether we want to buy it or not. It would be really easy to do and it's not like it wouldn't make any money.

blackiee2002
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
its false:mad:

shapoopy
01-29-2004, 03:45 PM

Dang! Never did find that 'ban' button.... ;) And shapoopkins, that is nowhere near the kinda flame I'm capable of delivering...

oh yaaaaaaaaa youre best one was

poopyhead:huh:

jk:p THATS STILL FLAMING you bastage:cuss:

oh ya poet skea you know what will be funny if this game does come out and is a hugfe success or ANY sega game is a succes and you might be pissed off, but there will be sooner or later a game for you;)

alistein
01-29-2004, 05:12 PM
All of this doesn't matter the panzer dragoon rpg is fake as was announced by IGN it was a fan made trailer even the fan responsible already said so . As for SEGA they are learning the hard way while I can't totally blame them for their failures on the xbox I think it's clear now to them that they need to work better on their games,already they have lost alot od talented developers ,their games have also received weak sales from the much vaunted ps2 a shock and now their company seems to be guided by Sammy, in all these SEGA's Nagoshi has announced they are working on 2 new titles for the xbox .My guess is it could be an rpg for one and an action adventure for the other.

colosso
01-29-2004, 06:37 PM
another panzer dragoon game? well i just hope SMILEBIT is working on it,otherwise i won't buy it,because they make some good graphics and gameplay,i really love the first one,but that was because of smilebit superb graphics.:cheers: