PDA

View Full Version : Bloodwake is good, but not that good

Sniper2
01-06-2002, 03:47 PM
I bought bloodwake and I'm disappointed to tell you that it doesn't quite live up to all its hype. Before It came out I thought this game was gonna be huge. Now, I'm not saying it is a terrible game either. It can be very fun at times so I recommend renting it first to see if you like it or not. I also posted a new user review and so did some others so check them out.

Markus_Kalarkus
01-06-2002, 04:33 PM
man i knew that game was gonna be crap in the first place!!! i didnt even bother getting it or even looking at it! jus not my type of game thats all:rolleyes:

Terraflux
01-06-2002, 04:39 PM
YES this game is sort of fun, but there is no replay value at all. If you can't find any good games to play buy the C&C battle chest or play the diablo2 expansion, I have been playing zelda 3 on ZNES to tide me over untill a game as good as HAlo comes out

shannon22
01-06-2002, 06:39 PM
me and my friend had some real fun for about 15min cause we were on a small map with tons of little boats and i was this huge @$$ boat and i kept plowing through flinging them way the f*ck away kinda funnie had to be there :rolleyes:

xboxman_1
01-06-2002, 09:43 PM
I seem to like Blood Wake more than you guys do. I think it's a great game.... but why do you say there is no replay value??? It has various modes of multiplayer you can play with your friends....I don't know about you guys, but playing Hall on a system link for 6 hours gets a little old after a while, even with 8 players. That when my friends and I bring out Blood Wake! I wish it had a system link though, that would be some crazy s**t!

LynxFX
01-06-2002, 09:53 PM
This game is great. It is far from cheesy, well minus the voice acting. :)

Alot of fun but just as difficult. Can't wait to unlock some of the bigger boats.

BORNGD
01-06-2002, 11:23 PM
i kinda like this game, it has good replay value to me cuz well, its pretty hard...The real bad thing about this game is the animation on the maps when they are telling the story, why not just have a full mini movie going on like most other games? it gets a little boring inbetween the game and the movie scenes

kappaknight
01-07-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
I seem to like Blood Wake more than you guys do. I think it's a great game.... but why do you say there is no replay value??? It has various modes of multiplayer you can play with your friends....I don't know about you guys, but playing Hall on a system link for 6 hours gets a little old after a while, even with 8 players. That when my friends and I bring out Blood Wake! I wish it had a system link though, that would be some crazy s**t!

Only six hours? We had various people walk in and out up to seven at a time for 14 hours... Talk about a day wasted. Well, to be honest, we did some Nascar and Fever in there too...

Hybrid Dragon
01-07-2002, 01:27 AM
i was thinking of buying this game but after i read some of you peoples posts, it may change my mind. but, im still buying it anyway to see for myself because I really like that game.

kappaknight
01-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Why not rent it first?

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Terraflux
YES this game is sort of fun, but there is no replay value at all. If you can't find any good games to play buy the C&C battle chest or play the diablo2 expansion, I have been playing zelda 3 on ZNES to tide me over untill a game as good as HAlo comes out

Dude, you would like Azurik then. I love this game :D

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll probably get this game. But, I will probably wait a month or so. The only thing that bugged me about this game is the large ramps that you launch sideways off of...other than that, the game looks pretty fun. To me, I'm a little surprised that people have solid opinions on the game especially since it has only been out for a week or so. In my opinion, a person really can't "experience" a game unless 6-10 hours of gameplay have been done. That's the minimal time I play a game before judging it...just my two cents.

Toonz
01-07-2002, 01:26 PM
I gotta say me and my friends have been playin HALO multiplayer alot and loving it but I picked up Bloodwake the other day while all my friends laughed at me becuase of all the bad reviews it recieved. That weekend we hooked up to play HALO and I brought Bloodwake just to let them try. We popped in the game and headed to multiplayer mode. 7 hours later we were all still glued to the screen and having a blast. I would recommend this game just for its multiplayer value alone. My only wish for this game is a Cheat/Code to unlock all the boats for playin multuiplayer as I do not have a memory card.

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
I gotta say me and my friends have been playin HALO multiplayer alot and loving it but I picked up Bloodwake the other day while all my friends laughed at me becuase of all the bad reviews it recieved. That weekend we hooked up to play HALO and I brought Bloodwake just to let them try. We popped in the game and headed to multiplayer mode. 7 hours later we were all still glued to the screen and having a blast. I would recommend this game just for its multiplayer value alone. My only wish for this game is a Cheat/Code to unlock all the boats for playin multuiplayer as I do not have a memory card.

Sounds great to me! But, I was bummed when I heard that there is no System Link option. :( D a m n, we are so spoiled :D

Toonz
01-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Agreed Maximus maybe they'll make a Bloodwake 2 that will be online if the original gets enough attention.

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Agreed Maximus maybe they'll make a Bloodwake 2 that will be online if the original gets enough attention.

Yeah, no kidding! I just wish that the first one did...I mean, if anyone knows about the System Link Cable, it's Microsoft. And the fact that Microsoft developed this game and knowing full-well that the System Link option is available, concerns me a little bit. Well, maybe Bloodwake was being produced before they knew the System Link was going to be so huge. I just hate split screen gaming...especially after using the System Link while playing Halo! lol...I love multi-player frag matches :D

Toonz
01-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Ya HALO looses out when you split the screen becasue you can see where the other people are. Especially crappy when you or someone else is using the sniper rifle.

robnyack
01-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Blood Wake is a GREAT game. I'm surprised to hear people so negative about it (well except for that one guy...I think he is a plant)

I think the game has tremendous replay value. It's fairly simple to play, hard to master, fun, fast, can be intense, and has pretty decent graphics and some pretty cool missions.

I dont see what there is not to like.

Terraflux
01-08-2002, 11:08 PM
ok let me rephrase my mini review, Bloodwake is fun when you are bored but dont expect it to be anything more than twisted metal on water. I would really suggest renting it first, My friend has a ps2 and here is what he hadto say about this game and I quote "Hideous"....."Stupid".Explanation Hideos= While the water looks great the textures for the sky and the chunks of land look like yo mamas unwashed arse. Explanation Stupid= It plays like an arcade game (aggrivating difficulty) , and the story was thought up in 5 minutes. Really people IF YOU LOVEYOUR XBOX (AND HAVING MONEY) rent this game first (multiplayer is only fun for a while). Max, I agree that a 2 ton boat doing a 360 80 feet in the air off a chinese quarterpipe is kind of.... strange. btw anyone here seen "Conan The Barbarian" that is one the funniest movies ever made, my all time favorite part has to be where Forgrim (I call him mallot man......because his weapon of choise is a monsterous bulking mallot) bashes that dummie soldier on the head and a massive elephant tusk soars out from behind a rock and smacks him the stomach (dear god that was funny) and he lets out a dinosaur scream (they actually used the same scream on golden axe). And the part where Conan picks up the witch like she's a 2 pound a doll and slams her into a fire then walks outside and says CROM!!!

I could go on and on

Big Ben
01-09-2002, 12:15 AM
My personal opinion (yes, a personal one) is that Blood Wake is a great single player game, but the multiplayer isn't nearly as much fun. That drives down the rplay value for me, but hey, this is just a personal opinion.

-Big Ben

jeah
01-09-2002, 03:01 AM
I didn't read much of the previous posts in this topic but all I can say is bloodwake is awesome! Admittedly I wasn't impressed with bloodwake at first, but when I got past level 8 I was hooked.

I've been on the water a lot throughout my life and I love the physics and water effects in this game. There are a ton of different boats that can all be used in multiplayer once they are unlocked.

I am in love with torpedos (please no *** jokes). It is so cool to lead the enemy boats and see your torpedos 'swim' through the top of the water. There are plenty of other cool weapons in the game too. Also, different boats maneuver much differently and act differently in rough seas.

Great game.

alien_69
01-17-2002, 02:38 AM
And the part where Conan picks up the witch like she's a 2 pound a doll and slams her into a fire then walks outside and says CROM!!!

I could go on and on

LMFAO

he seemed like such a clumsy ignorant meathead.

what about the part where they take him off his leash and throw him in the pit with no weapons and the other pitfighter dude hits him and Conan is like :confused:. I mean he really looked like he had never been busted in the chops before - give him an oscar!

Crom indeed :eek:

BTW i think the gravity in Bloodwake is too weak. i would rather see boats slam down in the water after a jump than float like balloons 5 seconds too long. Very frustrating especially when you take a big hit from enemy fire and fly in the air so long that you can't move and they hit you again and again in the air till you're dead before you hit the water.

kappaknight
01-17-2002, 07:33 AM
I only played Bloodwake for a lil bit and I wasn't too happy with the game. It IS challenging, but it wasn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe it was the between the level movies. In Munch, after viewing the movie, I actually wanted to help them out and play the game. In this one, it's kinda like.. uh.. okay. Why is the art perfect on wrinkly paper? :confused:

Terraflux
01-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Ages ago Conan...... there were giants and gods..... but Crom is your god, CROM! and he lives in the earth and the mighty giants took from him the enigma of steel.... Crom was angered, and he was SHOOK!.... Crom deafeated the giants and cast their bodies into the waters, but amid thier rage they forgot the enigma of steel and left it on the battlefield.... and who found it? men... not gods not giants.... just men..... for no one can you trust Conan.... not men, not women, not beasts, (holds up a sword) this you can trust!

robnyack
01-17-2002, 07:23 PM
I am always surprised to hear people say they do not like Blood Wake.

I love this game. It's fast, intense, fun, easy to play, hard to master, and has some really cool missions. The graphics are cool, and the sound is cool. Ok, so the story line is basically totally skippable (which I do), but, so what. The gaming is great.

This is one of my fave xbox games so far.

alien_69
01-17-2002, 07:43 PM
Ages ago Conan...... there were giants and gods..... but Crom is your god, CROM! and he lives in the earth and the mighty giants took from him the enigma of steel.... Crom was angered, and he was SHOOK!.... Crom deafeated the giants and cast their bodies into the waters, but amid thier rage they forgot the enigma of steel and left it on the battlefield.... and who found it? men... not gods not giants.... just men..... for no one can you trust Conan.... not men, not women, not beasts, (holds up a sword) this you can trust!

i think they should make a new ultra-violent Conan movie with The Rock as Conan (he seems a good fit as Conan from the looks of the Scorpion King movie.) The first Conan had a slow pace, but now that his origin has been told, bring on the savage sword of Conan and let the limbs fly!

having said that, i think i'm going to finish the last two Bloodwake missions tonite and trade the game for another game...

Has anyone finished this game on ADMIRAL difficulty? I thought Halo Legendary was tough, ha!

LynxFX
01-17-2002, 07:47 PM
You would purposely want to ruin a classic movie like Conan by using the Rock? Oh Gad no.

There is only one Conan and he is Arnold.

alien_69
01-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but i think Arnold himself long ago said he'd never do another Conan movie. If there's only one Conan, then who's the real James Bond?;)

but if they did a 180 million dollar Conan movie and gave Arnold 5 leer jets with pilots and his own private airport (plus 80 mil of the 180 mil), he'd consider it - i think. it's one of the reasons he refused to do the Predator sequel because the budget was in "his" oppinion - too small.

LynxFX
01-17-2002, 07:56 PM
There is only one Conan. :) I won't go into the whole Bond thing.

I wouldn't count Arnold out that quick. He also said he would never do T3 without Cameron directing. Well, guess what he is doing without Cameron?

Arnold needs a hit bad, very bad. I'm looking forward to Collateral Damage but I really want them to speed up Truel Lies 2.

alien_69
01-17-2002, 08:28 PM
I guess that's why they say never say never. I missed that about him saying he'd never work on T3 w/o Cameron - but I did see the press release about T3 being worked on.

check this out....
www.shchwarzenegger.com - then check the Ask Arnold link on the side.

you can ask Arnold himself a question (about True Lies2 or Conan the King, or whatever) and he'll answer it himself!:D

the site is a little slow loading sometimes.

BTW there is a poll on the bottom right asking which movie he should do next.

Conan the King
True Lies 2
Commando 2
Total Recall 2
or... TERMINATOR 3

i'm not sure i'll go see Collateral Damage, but i agree - it's been a while since there was a good Arnold flick. I'm waiting for T3

I think he agrees with you tho about him being Conan - check out what he said about other people playing characters. (even he thinks he's Conan):)

snip=============
Hi Arnold!

First of all, love your work! Secondly, if you could choose one role in one film already written and done. What role would that be? John Rambo?

Your big fan forever,

Henke.

Hi Henke!

No. Not Rambo. That's Sly's character. He made it his own. Your question is difficult to answer because so much of what we love about a particular character is often wrapped up in what the actor playing the role brings to him or her. Indiana Jones is a great character, but would he be the same without Harrison Ford? Can you imagine anyone else playing Dirty Harry than Clint? Just think how funny it was to see Sly instead of me on that poster of "Terminator 2" in that scene from "Last Action Hero". It'd be just as funny the other way around.

If you'd asked me this question many, many years ago, I'd have said, 'I'd really like to act in a comedy," but then I got the chance to do that with "Twins". The fact is that I have a great career and I've had and continue to have the opportunity to participate in some fantastic films in a wide variety of roles.

Thanks again,

Arnold

=========

LynxFX
01-18-2002, 12:58 AM
LOL I found this before I read your post. Looks like we were both in the same area. :p

Source: Schwarzenegger.com
Warner Bros. is currently working with Arnold and the Wachowski Bros ("The Matrix") on the possibility of bringing Conan, one of Arnold's other legendary characters back to the screen. Finally we are told Arnold is fighting to keep I AM LEGEND due to his awareness of fan support.

That is funny how you said that he basically thinks of himself as Conan too. :D

T3 had so many delays last year because of the strikes but looks to be on track for a fall 2002 or summer 2003 release. I can't wait. I'm glad that he is going back to some of the classics of his career. Alot of those deserve sequels. What they really need to make is Predator vs. Aliens vs. Arnold. :D