PDA

View Full Version : Halo Tactics

Raiko
01-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi,

Recently I started a game of Halo on Legendary difficulty, only to get my arse handed to me by the first two creatures I encountered.

I tried to hide and snipe with the pistol, take them head on, strafing and jumping around them, or a tactical retreat, dodging bullets on my way to safety. Any of these possibilities ensured me a quick death.

How on earth do people beat Halo on this difficulty I can already imagine the pummeling I'd get on the ice fields... :eek:

Any hints on how to battle the Covenant on this difficulty ?

I did finish the game once... on easiest

[edit] Oops... I just noticed the Hints forum, sorry... I tried to delete and repost this thread, but I didn't have permission, obviously ;)

EvilPepper
01-29-2004, 04:14 PM
on elite elits play the same as you... they go and beat there enemy (you) down and hide while there shield charges. the best way to take them on is to presure them by keeping up a relentless asualt. If elites have back up like grunts, take the grunts out first 1 or 2 pistal per grunt shoots saves you many replays.
Head shots head shot head shots... when your in a bit closer aim for the head with the pistal it saves amo time and grief. when facing jecals/ multiple elites the plazma pistal is your best friend. one charge up shot takes out any emey shield and 1 or 2 pistal shots finishes them off.
when stuck in close range batles in hallways use the plazma riffle against covent foes, especialy elites, push the asualt (charge them after you pick a few of the weekings off) and start clubing when enemy shields go down or when the riffle overheats.

granades are the best way to disperse and criple enemy hordes, even if its just two jackles at the end of a hall way, through granades, in legindary you get lost so don't be afraid to use them.

the flood are easy foes in legindary... shotgun/pistal/rockets/frags are the most effective wepons agianst them... just keep backing up when a horde comes after you and pumble the clostest ones first before they jump. if you see a carrier form mixed in a big bunch of flood shoot it first cause its like a granade....

those are my legindary tips.. ive beet it by my self over 4 times now so i know they work.

happyhotdog
01-31-2004, 12:04 AM
wow the noobeyness hurts my eyes

Eat_Nuke
02-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Use the plasma rifles to make the elites slower. Then when their shields are depleted, shoot him in the head.

Flood are particularly easy if you have a pistol. Shoot off the limbs and just walk away.

Jackals need either a plasma rifle or a plasma pistol. Just take out the shields and shoot them.

Throw a plasma grenade at grunts. Most of the time, they run back to their allies, killing or injuring them.

Vehicles become temporarily stunned at plasma fire. Try no to be close to them often.