PDA

View Full Version : What's up with KOTOR??

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
I got KOTOR a little while ago and left it in the package until the other night (because I was so into RS3). So I finally crack the package, go through making my player, start playing, and begin thinking to myself, "man, this game really sucks".

I've heard a lot of good things about it on this very forum, and I was really excited to play it; but the more I played it, the more angry I got because this is the biggest rip off ever!!! Normally I never play movie games (after Enter the Matrix I should have learned my lesson), but so many people had said this was good. So, the more angry I got at the game, the more angry I got at all you morons on this site that said this game was good.

So, for any of you who have posted something even remotely positive about KOTOR on this site, I expect a written apology or you'll be hearing from my lawyer!:cuss: :cuss:

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Get past the first world, and you'll think otherwise. The first world is the only real slow point of the game. It'll take you most of the first night if not beyond the first night to get past it. Trust me, once you get past the first world, everything changes!

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 08:21 AM
But it's so weird, you can't even really control how you fight, it's kinda suckie. Although, maybe I should choose the gun instead of the sword? I just wanted to be this totally zen jedi dude who didn't need a gun.

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Once you become a jedi, you won't need the gun. That's true, but you need to build up your character first. As I said, the first planet...your character essentially flat out sucks. If you think it's difficult now, you should try not leveling up your main character until after you leave the planet and become a jedi. Then you'll hate the game! As of now, build up your character and put the up bonuses where you think you best need them. And yes, you will miss 3/4s of the time before you get to a certain level and start to kick some ass. That's why you've got to switch between characters to assist you. It does get better.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 08:36 AM
When I first started this game I thought it sucked to....Then I realized that I have been playing this game for 3 days. Once you get going it will really start to grab you!

Chewy
01-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Stick with it Salmon, you will like it. Just like rudedog said, it starts off slow, but then it really picks up. You will be able to have a lightsabre only dude just a bit later in the game. Trust me, the story is well worth getting through the slow start. Once you figure out how to control combat properly it may even grow on you... kinda like fungus.

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
OK, I'll try to stick with it, but if you guys are playin' me, I'm gonna come and hunt you down and kick your asses!

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Well, at least I'm not the only crazy one if it is a bad game. But obviously it's not, it just starts out slow as hell. And yeah, I admit, I almost gave up on it after about 4 hours, but then I played it another 8 hours and finally got off the first planet. Then I was hooked!:yikes:

FragMaster B
01-29-2004, 12:47 PM
I agree with Rude about starting slow. KOTOR takes a MUCH different mindset too, going from high action of R6 as you are to KOTOR is going to take some serious mind shifting. R6 is all about the lightening-fast "twitch" whereas KOTOR has virtually ZERO eye hand coordination.

RichVGS
01-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Then again, Salmon, you could be in that very small minority of weirdos (don't freak, I'm one too) that just didn't like KOTOR. I played it for about three months and I tried to like but I just didn't. The only thing I enjoyed was the idea that maybe that psycho robot would put a laser shot to my head at some point, but yet it never came to pass. Oh well, time to get yelled at because I didn't like the game.

Chewy
01-29-2004, 01:45 PM
No yelling Rich, everyone has different taste... you want to see yelling...check this.

I don't like Halo.

I can't get that freakin' controler to point where I want... recharging shield, WHAT CHALLENGE IS THAT??? So I am only allowed to carry two guns? And those aliens??? I have puked up things that looked better than that!!!

/me puts on his flame proof long johns.

Bring it.

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 02:05 PM
You are the most childish 30+ year old I have ever come across.
Directed at Salmoniter

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
You are the most childish 30+ year old I have ever come across. And you are too uptight for your age.

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 02:43 PM
You are the most childish 30+ year old I have ever come across.
Directed at Salmoniter
That's what makes me a Great Dad, a Great Husband and Great at my job. I may not be artistic, but I'm creative and fun.

And as for Chewy, dude, I'm like totally disappointed. Oh, and by the way, how many other games can you carry more than one gun in. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Oh well, I respect your opinion, I guess. And Merimac, I've decided to take that as a compliament. Thank you.

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Even the 12 year olds on this website don't make threads about how the members of this website wronged them into thinking a game was good.

Who says your great at your job anyway? Your dad... erm being your employer.

Chewy
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Ok Salmon, I need your advice. What do I need to do to be able to play FPS with that Xbox controller. I am a mouse and keyboard guy. Too many hours spend in honing my skills in Counter Strike on the computer. Everytime I sit down to play a FPS with this controller, I turn into Captain Oversteer. I would miss the ground if I fell, that is how bad I am. Platformers,driving games and everything else I love the Xbox controller. But the second I have to acutally aim with any precicion I spaz out like a recovering alcoholic at a scotch tasting. I need help man, helps I tellz ya.

Snoop E
01-29-2004, 03:01 PM
i hosently have to say this is the first bad thing ive heard bout the game, i mean i loved playing this, come to think of it talking bout it makes me want to go playit!!!!!!!(Goes and plays KOTOR )

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Chewy-XBA
Ok Salmon, I need your advice. What do I need to do to be able to play FPS with that Xbox controller. I am a mouse and keyboard guy. Too many hours spend in honing my skills in Counter Strike on the computer. Everytime I sit down to play a FPS with this controller, I turn into Captain Oversteer. I would miss the ground if I fell, that is how bad I am. Platformers,driving games and everything else I love the Xbox controller. But the second I have to acutally aim with any precicion I spaz out like a recovering alcoholic at a scotch tasting. I need help man, helps I tellz ya.
Ok, Chewy (and by the way, I see what you're doing here, distracting me so I don't flame back at Merimac - he'll get his soon enough), autoaim helps in the beginning, for me, the key is always moving, because, in a firefight, you obviously want to make yourself less of a target. I also find, that if you keep moving, your opponent tends to freak out a little and do the oversteer thingy that you do now. In addition, when I'm moving, I find it easier to aim, that might just be the confusing the other person thingy, but I find it works. And finally, be creative, do the unexpected. If you want to see the master at that, get your ass on live, and play on the same team as NO Fear from this forum. He is the master of FPS Creativity.:)

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Even the 12 year olds on this website don't make threads about how the members of this website wronged them into thinking a game was good.

Who says your great at your job anyway? Your dad... erm being your employer.
First of all, people on the other side of the world could see my tounge firmly planted in my cheek in the initial post.

Secondly, The fact that I run every aspect of technology in a company of 65 employees, have written specific applications that have revolutionized out entire industry and am in the process of converting and rewriting 23 databases that are quite complex, assures me that I'm pretty Great at my job.

So na na na na na!:p

Oh, and I've seen you work, and mine, and believe me, I'm much better at what I do than you are at what you do.

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 03:44 PM
OK, the flame thrower is down, I'm gonna give KOTOR another try, and Merimac and I are going to have a "Break Off" to settle this once and for all! Que up the MC Hammer!!!

kenji
01-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
And you are too uptight for your age. I completely agree. Your like 19 or 20 and you sound like a crabby old man.

Lighten up, huh?:cheers:

Conchord
01-29-2004, 05:07 PM
This game is not that great. Mainstreamers (people who thought SWAT and XXX were AWESOME movies) will LOVE this game for its mediocrity. This game is simply OK. I agree with you, Salmon, its not that good. You will get bored on the next few planets once you realize how linear it all is.

Jamo
01-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Ok tell you the honest truth I hate turn based RPG's. ESPECIALLY Final Fantasy! I bought KOTOR in the hopes that I Got an awesome STAR WARS game. At first I thought "Cool" until I got to the fighting part. I thought "This is not what I expected" The game kinda went downhill until I got off the ship. It then kept getting better and better. Until ultimately...I WAS ADDICTED!!!! In my opinion the game rocks. The turned based fighting is not so bad after all in this game. The story is the real deal, it's fantastic. But if you still don't like it don't get mad at the people that told you it was good. That's them.:cool:

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

First of all, people on the other side of the world could see my tounge firmly planted in my cheek in the initial post.

Secondly, The fact that I run every aspect of technology in a company of 65 employees, have written specific applications that have revolutionized out entire industry and am in the process of converting and rewriting 23 databases that are quite complex, assures me that I'm pretty Great at my job.

So na na na na na!:p

Oh, and I've seen you work, and mine, and believe me, I'm much better at what I do than you are at what you do.
Keep on insulting my first venture into film making. I'm fine with it. Seeing as it was my first try and it's not what I do professionally.

Physics is what I do professionally.

Conchord
01-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Physics is what I do professionally.

I have a 33 in physics. We are working on adding vectors and the theories of relativity and velocity displacement. And this is the EASY ****.

:cuss:

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
And this is the EASY ****.

:cuss:
Yes, yes it is.
:)

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 06:58 PM
The only reason I insult it, is because you mentioned before you were in the "film industry", now you're a Physicist, make up you're mind. I've always been an IT Manager, it's not that hard to remember what I do for a living, since it's reality. *cough*yerastudent*cough*.:argue1:

Oh, and maybe you flip burgars at McDonalds. Or do you work at blockbuster, that's why you're in the film Industry, I get it now.:rofl:

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
The only reason I insult it, is because you mentioned before you were in the "film industry", now you're a Physicist, make up you're mind. I've always been an IT Manager, it's not that hard to remember what I do for a living, since it's reality. *cough*yerastudent*cough*.:argue1:

Oh, and maybe you flip burgars at McDonalds. Or do you work at blockbuster, that's why you're in the film Industry, I get it now.:rofl:
Yes, I do consider myself to be somewhat involved in the film industry. That doesn't mean I do it for a living.

I am also involved in the gaming industry. That doesn't mean I do it for a living.

Although, I am not a professional in physics YET. I am studying it in University. Give me a couple years.

Insinuations aren't always a good thing, especially when used incorrectly. Take Salmonaitors usage as an example.

-edit-
Forgot to mention what other things I do.

Snowboard industry. Skateboard industry. Wakeboard industry. Mountain Bike Inudstry. Football Industry. Ehh, sports industry.

Ofcourse, you have to realise that you don't have to WORK for the industry to be involved in it. Consumers are part of the industry as well...

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 07:12 PM

Yes, I do consider myself to be somewhat involved in the film industry. That doesn't mean I do it for a living.

I am also involved in the gaming industry. That doesn't mean I do it for a living.

Although, I am not a professional in physics YET. I am studying it in University. Give me a couple years.

Insinuations aren't always a good thing, especially when used incorrectly. Take Salmonaitors usage as an example.

-edit-
Forgot to mention what other things I do.

Snowboard industry. Skateboard industry. Wakeboard industry. Mountain Bike Inudstry. Football Industry. Ehh, sports industry.

Ofcourse, you have to realise that you don't have to WORK for the industry to be involved in it. Consumers are part of the industry as well...
:rofl: Dude, that is so lame!!!! That's just some bullsh*t excuse you use when you misrepresent yourself and get caught. You know, I thought you were a loser before, but man, that seals the deal!!!:rofl:

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Sure. You're just covering yourself becuase you mis-interpreted what I said.

Now, I'm supposed to use a ton of these smilies I take it?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Sure. You're just covering yourself becuase you mis-interpreted what I said.

What's there to misunderstand, you said you were in the film industry. What, so I buy a house, hey, I'm in the housing industry. New car? wow, now I'm CEO of Nissan. New motorcycle, yup, you guessed it, I own Ducati now!
C'mon man, that's just pathetic! You totally misrepresented youself, and now you're just trying to cover up with that lame ass excuse...Pathetic.:cry: :watchout: :) :huh:

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 07:57 PM
No. I think you have a poor understanding of industry.

Salmonaitor
01-29-2004, 08:00 PM
No, I have a firm grip on reality!

MerimacHamwich
01-29-2004, 08:02 PM
No, I have a firm grip on reality!
No you don't.

thrAsher
01-29-2004, 08:08 PM
KotOR is a great game, IMO.

And Salmonaitor, Merimac....what can I say. Finish this w/ PM's or just let it rest. I'm getting sick of you baiting people, too, Merimac. You may not see it that way, but I know others do.

W/ that, I'm sinking this thread.

Good day.