PDA

View Full Version : Kaybee Toystore closing for good

MrGIJOE
01-29-2004, 08:15 AM
I know kay-bee doesnt have that many good games, but I went by the one, where I live at. I was able to purchase brute force, for 10, and dungeons, and dragons for 20. I purchased nba streets 2 for 10. when you go to the store and ask the clerk, ignore the regular price, and have her can the game, some games you got to really look, dont have her look.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Yeah i figured they would go out of business! I am going to check out if they have Brute Force in my area!

Angell
01-29-2004, 09:52 AM
weird that they are going out business :eek:

I remember as a child we couldn't go to the mall unless I could go to Kay-bee toys. I never bought anything there, just liked to look at all the toy guns.... A trip to the mall was always a big deal, as we live a long way away

Oh well... I dont care about it anymore :cheers:

LTM360
01-29-2004, 01:49 PM
They were always overpriced, for instance, I bought NFL Quarterback Club for Genesis, and it was $74.99 when I got it, though marked down cause no one bought it, but it started that high??? wow, but hey, doesnt bother me none.

MrGIJOE
01-29-2004, 01:50 PM
THEY HAVE SOME GOOD ONES, JUST HAVE TO HAVE THE CLERK LOOK UP THE PRICES FOR YOU. I LIVE IN VA, SO MOST OF THE GAMES ARE GONE FOR XBOX, BUT IF YOU HAVE A PS2, THE SAME DEAL IS STILL GOING. THE GOOD THING THIS ISNT A TEMP SALE, BUT A PERMANET SALE, UNTIL THEY CLOSE

Trento52
01-29-2004, 05:14 PM
I have never seen a KB Toys and never heard of it until i joined this site but do you mean the whole franchise is broke. Usually that doesn't happen.

AlphaCigara
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
sorry MrGIJOE, but the way you word it, you're making it sound like all KB Toy stores are going out of business, which is not true. A lot of them are going out of business, see the list here (http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf) (in .pdf format) for a list of all of em that are going out of business.

sorry if i sounded rude, but i'm upset because no kb's are goin out of business near where i live :cry: :cry: :cry:

CRAYMAN
01-30-2004, 01:07 PM
I went to the KB toys going out of business at the mall and they had no Xbox games. I asked where they were and they had been moved to a different store that's not going out of business.

But they still had all of the PS2 games!?!:cuss:

Hitman101
01-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Now KB toys and next Toys "R" Us. Walmarts gonna dominate the market dude.

ScottTheKilla
01-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Ok so let me get this straight then...

Kbtoys is not going out of business entirely. They are just closing a bunch of stores?

Ugunnalose
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM
i hate kb toys.

CarGuy
01-30-2004, 06:09 PM
Yea, i noticed on the news these toy stores cant keep up with Wal-Mart. They're the Microsoft of the retail biz.. I'm still on the fence concerning this issue.

LiquidX
01-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Angell
I never bought anything there, just liked to look at all the toy guns....

Maybe thats why some of them are going out of business... j/k.

I seriously hate Wal-Mart. They don't even have that great of prices. Woo I paid 49.95 for my videogame instead of 49.99. Yeah that was well worth dealing with a bunch of retarded teenage clerks while I push my way through groups of whining kids to the small assortment of Xbox titles.

Penfold
01-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, Wal-Mart is pretty bad on prices. Everytime I go to a Wal-Mart, Jet Set Radio Future is fifty bucks and Sega GT 2002 is thirty bucks. Granted, I have both games on that free combo that came with my XBOX, but still.......fifty bucks for JSRF??? By the way, I havent bought a game at WalMart since the SNES days.

Ford Mustang
01-30-2004, 11:09 PM
You guys have some crappy ass WalMarts near you. The one in my town always has the newest games and they have a huge case full of them. And JSRF is NOT 50 bucks. Nor is SegaGT 2002 30 bucks. At the WalMart near me SegaGT is like 15 and they don't even have JSRF anymore.

l Maximus l
01-31-2004, 03:56 PM
KB Toys has always been pretty much a crap store around the Seattle area. There are so many amazing toy stores around here that blow KB out of the water.

Seattle is kind of a yuppie town.