PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide Need Help

Servo
01-29-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking of buying a new game for my Xbox sometime in the next few weeks. The problem is I can't decide between Metal Arms, Unreal II, Crimson Skies, or Sims Bustin Out. I want to know what are the best qualities about each of these games.:confused:

Chaotic
01-29-2004, 08:35 AM
I'll just say that Unreal II sucks the rest i don't know much about.

Great graphics but crappy story.

Servo
01-29-2004, 08:38 AM
I mainly want a game that has kick a$$ multiplayer with vehicles or something that is going to be funny like Armed and Dangerous.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 08:45 AM
I really enjoyed and still am enjoying Crimson Skies. The multiplayer is top notch. Nothing beat diving your plane though cavens and blowing the living $hit out of your friend. The single player is fun to. Gives you tons of missions. The controls are top notch and the grapics are above par as well! If you don't buy this game you have to give it a rent!!!

Servo
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
The problem is that if i rent a game i always beat it within five days thats y i like demos because they give u a taste of the gameplay and not the whole meal.

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 08:52 AM
If you have Live and only want something for multiplayer, then I'd take Rainbow Six 3 over all of them...If you don't have Live, I'd say it's a toss-up between Crimson and Metal Arms.

RichVGS
01-29-2004, 08:59 AM
I would go with Crimson Skies. While Rainbow Six 3 is very cool on Live, I prefer sixteen person dog fights in C.S. on Live over the gun fighting in RS3. Besides, C.S. has some really funny parts in the single player mode.

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Rich-XBA
I would go with Crimson Skies. While Rainbow Six 3 is very cool on Live, I prefer sixteen person dog fights in C.S. on Live over the gun fighting in RS3. Besides, C.S. has some really funny parts in the single player mode. My main problem with CS is the constant Lag I get. I rarely get it with RS3, while with CS, I constantly get it.:confused:

RichVGS
01-29-2004, 09:03 AM
Really? I've yet to hit any lag times. I guess it depends on when you're playing it on Live. Usually I'm on at like 2:00am or later.

Servo
01-29-2004, 09:08 AM
My question has yet to be answered!:mad: the point of this thread was which game should i buy out of the ones i chose and what is the good quality of it.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Lag usually isn't a problem with the game....its the connections. Huh...I think I am going to peep out Rainbow 6 3....it better not be anything like ghost recon!

Servo
01-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Arrrrrgh!!!:cuss: forget about RS3!!! can anyone answer my question?

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 09:18 AM
No, RS3 is nothing like GR. Also, CS has lag built into it, so you wouldn't really notice it. You'll just wind up dead 10 seconds after someone shot you, and none of your bullets between those 10 seconds will have counted.

As for your question...I thought I had answered it. CS if you are going for multiplayer...Metal Arms if you are going for Single player. I haven't played Metal Arm's multiplayer if it has one, so I wouldn't know about that anyway.:confused:

RichVGS
01-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Man Servo, I did answer your freakin' question!!! :cuss:

I told you to get Crimson Skies. I told you that it had a funny and interesting story mode and I told you it has freakin' awsome multiplay funtions whether you're on Live or system linking (remember the part about the sixteen person dog fights).

So go out and buy the game already!

Servo
01-29-2004, 09:23 AM
I already have CS but haven't gotten the chance to play it on live. Can u have 4 people playing Crimson Skies multiplayer. I have also heard that Metal Arms has a good multiplayer. WOW just answered my own question.

Spaztic
01-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Yes you can have 4 people at once on multiplayer in CS.

Servo
01-29-2004, 10:33 AM
I said 4 people on Crimson not CS

Chaotic
01-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Servo
I said 4 people on Crimson not CS

He's talking about Crimson Skies (CS)

Not counter-strike..

RudedogX
01-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-XBA

He's talking about Crimson Skies (CS)

Not counter-strike.. Exactly!

Trento52
01-29-2004, 05:20 PM
crimson skies is good but i really enjoyed metal arms but haaven't really tried multiplayer. Plus it is cheap right now and i don't regret having getting it full price.

CRAYMAN
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
The multiplayer is going to be best on Metal Arms if you don't have LIVE.

Also, the single player is better on Metal Arms.
But if you've got LIVE...go for Crimson Skies.
Hope that clears it up.:cheers:

MikeMan91389
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
yeah, get crimson, but still, i think ur leaving some games in the dark.

colosso
01-29-2004, 06:49 PM
RAINBOW SIX 3 OR CRIMSON SKIES are the best choice if you have xbox live connected,but if you want to experience a very good AI on a game with intesive shooting METAL ARMS will rock your world,i just got my copy last week and let me tell you i hate games with third person view,but METAL ARMS got me into it,the game has 40 levels of intense non-stop-action with tons of weapons,acceptable graphics(that's because is a multiplatform) and lots of multiplayer levels that you may need to unlock in the single campaign,very great game,buy it if you are a hardcore shooter fan like me.:p

games i only played,because of their great AI off-line:HALO,UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP AND TOURNAMENT,BATTLEFIELD 1942,MAX PAYNE,HALF-LIFE,

PoetSaskia
01-29-2004, 10:37 PM
yes, definitely get Crimson Skies. It is great. No lag, even with 16 players. It is the best live game.

TAPOUT_50cal
01-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Rainbow Six 3 is a awesome live game if FPS are your thing.

Servo
01-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Hmmm now I'm really confused they both have strong points and i do have live but i really need a game where 3 of my friends can come over and play a kick a$$ 4 player game. I already have Halo and Unreal Championship but I'm looking for something new. What multiplayer modes does Crimson Skies and Metal Arms have?