PDA

View Full Version : Speed of An xbox

fiskyman
01-29-2004, 01:56 PM
i just got a new box and i was wondering if a new box is faster than one from the first time they came out. i was also wondering if large numbers of saves, like from soundtracks, will slow it down, especially concerning halo on xbc. if you know anything at all, plz respond. thanks. if anybody is lookin for a good 2v2 on xbc me and my teammate happyhotdog would be more than happy to pown your ass ;) give us a yell on aim on fiskyman33 or happyhotdog45.

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get a good free program to rid my comp of a virus, thanks alot

Wolfboy_888
01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
i havent tried the samsung drive yet but i have the thomson and i mean to tell you the phillips rips it to shreds speed wise... and my thomson gets Cant read disc errors every once in a while 5-6 times before i can even play games like GTA VC

Chaotic
01-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by fiskyman
i just got a new box and i was wondering if a new box is faster than one from the first time they came out. i was also wondering if large numbers of saves, like from soundtracks, will slow it down, especially concerning halo on xbc. if you know anything at all, plz respond. thanks. if anybody is lookin for a good 2v2 on xbc me and my teammate happyhotdog would be more than happy to pown your ass ;) give us a yell on aim on fiskyman33 or happyhotdog45.

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get a good free program to rid my comp of a virus, thanks alot

All xbox's are the same speed wise. There are diffrent versions that have been released with cheaper internal hardware parts to save costs. Also the newer ones have the new samsung drives were as the old ones had the thompson drive.

Talk to Maximus-xba and Silvertrace if your looking for a 2vs2 halo match and i bet you guys get destroyed. Silvertrace i believe took 3rd place in the Halo nationals :)

And for a free virus scan checkout www.trendmicro.com and search for Free Online Virus scan. I believe it's under house call.

levelzero
01-29-2004, 02:37 PM
If you need free virus software, there is none better than Grisoft-AVG. (http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php )

In regards to speed of an Xbox. Early models were 600MHZ current models are 733MHZ. If I'm not mistaken. I didn't take the time to look it up. But I believe that is correct. But remember, this is the internet. Everything is a lie :)

LiquidX
01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by levelzero

In regards to speed of an Xbox. Early models were 600MHZ current models are 733MHZ. If I'm not mistaken. I didn't take the time to look it up. But I believe that is correct. But remember, this is the internet. Everything is a lie :)

That is COMPLETELY untrue. Every Xbox (except I think the developer Xbox) is 733mhz.

LynxFX
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX

That is COMPLETELY untrue. Every Xbox (except I think the developer Xbox) is 733mhz.
100% true. 733mhz has always and will always be the speed of the Xbox.

BinaryXtreme
01-29-2004, 03:22 PM
XBOX Fact: XBOX is powered by a 733-MHz Pentium 3 Processor, NVIDIA graphics subsystem, hard drive, ethernet, & 4 USB ports. Cool!!!

All the XBOX's issued have been at 733 mhz. Specs need to remain the same but the manufacturer of the hard drives, usb ports, and ethernet ports have changed over time.

levelzero
01-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I knew I had read it somewhere:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/076/076378p1.html?fromint=1

Just old news.

BinaryXtreme
01-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Seen that before too but Microsoft claims that never happened in the final launch. I would be pissed if they did issue 600mhz processors then to change to a faster one. The first issued XBOX was $299 wasn't it? I can't remember. I would be a little aggrivated.

MikeMan91389
01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Lots of ppl could pwn u on XBC i bet :) ... if u think ur supppper good... play [-StK-]Ogres.... they the best, well for a while... i dunno about now....

CRAYMAN
01-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by fiskyman
i was also wondering if large numbers of saves, like from soundtracks, will slow it down, especially concerning halo on xbc. if you know anything at all, plz respond. thanks.

I think all of your questions were answered except this.
As it turns out the number of saves on the Xbox will not ever slow it down. I'm sure you're thinking of a typical computer that might experience slow down from a similar problem, but the Xbox has a seperate save feature that allows you to save as much as you like while not affecting gameplay. Save On!:cool:

Koopa
01-29-2004, 07:32 PM
9.8 meters/second..although to test this, i suggest you drop something less expensive than an xbox;)