PDA

View Full Version : MK5 confirmed

X-Factor
01-06-2002, 05:09 PM
Here is some confirmed information on next installment of the critically acclaimed fighting series... Mortal Kombat.

expected release date
September 2002 (Xbox)
chip
According to Tod Allen, the game will probably use the Invideo Chip.
consoles
It will be released on the next generation consoles (Xbox, GameCube, PSX2) and PC, for which there might also be a DVD version with all the Mortal Kombat games on it.
character features
Characters will be showing wear and tear during the fights, they will have detailed moving parts (blinking eyes etc.).
finishers
Fatalities will ofcourse be in the game, friendships and babalities won't return. (and that's a good thing!)
team battles
Test Your Might will return with some subsets like: Test Your Sight.
music
Dan "Toasty" Forden will be making the music for the game again.

confirmed characters
Fujin
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kitana
Lui Kang
Quan Chi
Rayden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero

rumored return characters
Baraka
Cyrax
Goro
Kabal
Kano
Kai
Noob Saibot
Reiko
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Smoke
Sonya Blade

rumored new characters
Nimbus
Torch
Sub-Zero's Sister

ShannonX
01-06-2002, 06:40 PM
According to Tod Allen, the game will probably use the Invideo Chip.

um, i'd really hope it did, otherwise you wouldn't have much of a game specially since it wouldn't have any graphics.

Snoopy7548
01-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
consoles
for which there might also be a DVD version with all the Mortal Kombat games on it.

character features
Characters will be showing wear and tear during the fights, they will have detailed moving parts (blinking eyes etc.).

team battles
Test Your Might will return with some subsets like: Test Your Sight.

confirmed characters
Fujin
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kitana
Lui Kang
Quan Chi
Rayden
Scorpion
Sub-Zero

rumored return characters
Baraka
Cyrax
Goro
Kabal
Kano
Kai
Noob Saibot
Reiko
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Smoke
Sonya Blade

rumored new characters
Nimbus
Torch
Sub-Zero's Sister

**** yea, this game is gonna be the best fighting game ever man, if it has all the mk games in it, im definitely gonna buy it man

X-Factor
01-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by The F'n Show
BOORING..I might rent it but DEF not an OWNER...All The MK games are boring and repetitive..punch blood punch blood over and over. The only thing i like is when subzero( i think) shoots the spear and says "GET OVER HERE" That's great:D

But This game WONT Compete with DOA or TEKKEN

Actually Scorpion is the one the says, "Get Over Here". How do you know it is boring? Have you played it? You can't judge the game until you've played the game. And I think it can compete not only with DOA and Tekken, but Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Killer Instinct. Mortal Kombat used to be the King of fighters, and could be again. They just need to make a worthy game. And using the next-gen. systems will allow them to do things they could never do before. And what other fighting game has Fatalities? That's what I thought!

StudioAlex
01-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor

Actually Scorpion is the one the says, "Get Over Here". How do you know it is boring? Have you played it? You can't judge the game until you've played the game. And I think it can compete not only with DOA and Tekken, but Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, and Killer Instinct. Mortal Kombat used to be the King of fighters, and could be again. They just need to make a worthy game. And using the next-gen. systems will allow them to do things they could never do before. And what other fighting game has Fatalities? That's what I thought!

King of Fighters? By whose count? Sure, it was popular but the novelty wore off. This is why most of us fighting fans don't like the game. Every character has the exact same moves except for their special moves. That's about as deep as a frying pan. True, we don't know how bad this game is gonna be when it comes out, but it takes more than violence to make a good fighter.

Ninja Scroll
01-07-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by The F'n Show
BOORING..I might rent it but DEF not an OWNER...All The MK games are boring and repetitive..punch blood punch blood over and over. The only thing i like is when subzero( i think) shoots the spear and says "GET OVER HERE" That's great:D

But This game WONT Compete with DOA or TEKKEN

D@mn F'N Show!!!
Now I see why we are the XBA Tag-Team Champions!
We both know that this series sucks mad ass!
Now I will admit MKII was a beast but after that this series went straight to the toilet!:( Sorry Midway milked da hell out of this poor excuse for a fighting game series.
I hope MK5 is not just another watered down fighter, but knowing Midways history, I know it will suck like da rest!

And like Mr. PPV said, this game is not worth being in my Xbox collections.
Me personally, it wont even get my $5.00 for a rental!:p

X-Factor
01-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

D@mn F'N Show!!!
Now I see why we are the XBA Tag-Team Champions!
We both know that this series sucks mad ass!
Now I will admit MK2 was a beast but after that this series went straight to the toilet!:( Sorry Midway milked da hell out of this poor excuse for a fighting game series.
I hope MK5 is not just another watered down fighter, but knowing Midways history, I know it will suck like da rest!

And like Mr. PPV said, this game is not worth being in my Xbox collections.
Me personally, it wont even get my $5.00 for a rental!:p

That sad that you won't even give the game a chance. How do you really know until you have played it? It may be a poor excuse series to you, but how do you know this installment is a poor excuse? MK5 isn't necessarily going to be like it's previous counterparts. Your just full of skepticism. You are pessimistic. That's just like saying, "Oh Grand Theft Auto III isn't going to be any good, the first two games sucked!". You just thought that, and then you found out the game kicked @$$! The previous 2 installments did stink, but the third didn't. It got game of the year on many websites. So just cause you don't like previous MK's, doesn't mean MK5 is going to be a bad game.

l Maximus l
01-08-2002, 04:30 PM
X-Factor...you rock, buddy! I'm all over this game :D I am a die hard MK fan...and this one is going to cast every single fighting game in the trash...I can only hope!

I just hope that the new MK will have quicker response and recovery, which was lacking in MK4. All of the other MK's had almost satirical recovery time...which makes the game very unique :D There is no denying that MK is the ultimate fighting game...it created the fighting game genre. And this new version is going to be bad ass! I have high expectations for this game...I'm hoping that it will be the best MK yet :D I can't wait to play this mama jama!

Hey, do you have any screenshots?

Snoopy7548
01-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by The Fn Show

YEAH..When Van DAm Speaks..Van Dam is ALWAYS right.and this game MIGHT and i repeat MIGHT be a rental..This series is to old and there is no point in bringing it back like it was a BIG hit or somethin

actually, mortal kombat was a big hit when it came out, and it lasted for a long time. and the series is not too old. i dont see you critizing about spy hunter being brought back, or gta being brought back (the original is over 4 years old). just give the game a chance. just because the series is old, doesnt mean that they cant improve upon it. same with mario, that game is really old, and it was brought back onto the n64 with mario 64, and that game was one of the best games ever. dont criticize a game before you even play it or see some real screenshots.

X-Factor
01-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Not a big hit? Not only was MK a big hit for home consoles, but a big hit for arcades. MK has made more money than any other fighting game series. MK created the fighting genre. It is the reason fighting games are made the way they are. You better respect this series. I don't if MK5 is going to be any good, but I can sure as hell hope! And for crying out loud, you haven't even seen what the game looks like, yet alone play it!

The only screenshots you'll find now is concept art

Twisted J
01-13-2002, 04:52 PM
THIS GAME IS GUNNA ROCK!!!!!
im only sad cuz i thought it would be an xbox Xclusive

and about your sig, snoopy, the only simularity i see between the comp and the ps2 is they are both black and say sony. but they do call it the playstation 2 computer intertainment system

X-Factor
01-13-2002, 05:50 PM
http://www.noob.com/noob_mk4.jpg

There will be no Friendships, or Babalities in MK5. Ed Boon said MK5 will return to it's darker roots! Mortal Kombat will kontinue in 2002.