PDA

View Full Version : How do you work this xbconnect

SoccerCJM77
01-29-2004, 05:04 PM
I tried to connect but the computer can never track my xbox. I don't know what to do. I have a Link SYS and it could just be that i'm not hooking it up right. So if someone has a link sys router could you please help me work it so I can get my xbox detected on xbconnect as soon as possible.Thanks

EvilPepper
01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
first how are you hooking it up? through a router or through a second network card in you computer? secondly, do you have the righrt type of cable (straithtough into a router cross over into a network card) thirdly do you have a game in "looking for a game" mode in syslink on the Xbox when you tell XBC to search for you box?

Jayhawk
01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by EvilPepper
first how are you hooking it up? through a router or through a second network card in you computer? secondly, do you have the righrt type of cable (straithtough into a router cross over into a network card) thirdly do you have a game in "looking for a game" mode in syslink on the Xbox when you tell XBC to search for you box? Yes and make sure that you are plugging the cable into tone of the middle ports of your router not the outside ones.

JDHack0822
01-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I have a linksys router as well, if what others have suggested isn't working just PM me and I will try to help.

happyhotdog
01-30-2004, 07:35 PM
u cant use a wireless connect either

Eat_Nuke
02-01-2004, 12:58 PM
I think that XBConnect.com stated that XBConnect cannot run on a 56k modem or any internet service that is not broadband.

SoccerCJM77
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by EvilPepper
first how are you hooking it up? through a router or through a second network card in you computer? secondly, do you have the righrt type of cable (straithtough into a router cross over into a network card) thirdly do you have a game in "looking for a game" mode in syslink on the Xbox when you tell XBC to search for you box?

I do have my xbox in looking for a game mode but it the computer never detects it. Also I'm not sure if I connecting everything right and I do have a CABLe modem

JDHack0822
02-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Make sure you hard wire your computer (not wireless). Check your port forwarding (see http://www.xbchelp.com/) under Router Configs. If you still can't connect, I don't know what to tell you. The help site is pretty helpful.