PDA

View Full Version : Xbox2 question?

The Jackal
01-30-2004, 12:49 AM
ok i know its very doubtful anyone will know this early but by any chance has anyone heard if Xbox 2 will be compatible with Xbox's controllers?? im askin this cause i want to buy a custom joystick for Xbox which is basically a D-pads parts made into an arcade stick... its expensive so i was just wonderin if anyone knew if id be able to use it for Xbox2 or not. I dont want "i think" or "probably" answers cause that wont help... i just want for sures... its farfetched for them to use the same controls but PS2's have been basically the same so who knows... thanks

Salmonaitor
01-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Well, I think that probobly they maybe will be the same.:confused: ;)

BoundBruiser
01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, I'm not sure if this picture was correct... but the pictures I saw of the xbox 2 had different controllers. Well, I've seen to different styles of controls and concoles too.

LiquidX
01-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by boundbruiser
Well, I'm not sure if this picture was correct... but the pictures I saw of the xbox 2 had different controllers. Well, I've seen to different styles of controls and concoles too.

There are no REAL pictures of the next Xbox...

To answer your question nobody knows anything about controller compatabilty right now. My guess would be that they will come out with a new type and make an adaptor or just build in a way to use the old ones somehow.

Hopefully they are basically the same controller with just some minor tweaks. The current Xbox controllers (S and Normal) are absolutley THE best controllers ever. Well except maybe the Steel Batallion controller. :D

Ford Mustang
01-31-2004, 09:29 AM
I hope they do. That way I won't have to go out and buy new ones and a new steering wheel.

Sorry I didn't answer your question.

MikeMan91389
01-31-2004, 10:36 PM
havving to buy alll new stuff would suck BAD

i like my controllers too...

Mullet Superior
02-01-2004, 04:33 PM
when is the expected date for xbox2 to come out then?